2008 NFL Playoffs

rainmaker17

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hotpants is 2-2 in FGs so far.

I applaud him for his accuracy, but I have to wonder if he wants to trade his hot pants for something that could possibly improve visibility.

It's a bleeping blizzard now....I hope people are smart leaving the stadium.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It was a good season while it lasted. GB really picked up after the two fumbles. Whoever they play next week, it should be a great matchup.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

This game is becoming a farce. Seattle's WRs can't catch anything, Hasselback is fumbling about, just a bad game for Seattle.

Now the question is, if New York just so happens to pull off the upset next week...and the weather is the same, do they have a chance? Lambeau Field just got some of its mystique back, after they lost it when the Falcons went in there and won.

This game is becoming a farce. Seattle's WRs can't catch anything, Hasselback is fumbling about, just a bad game for Seattle.

Now the question is, if New York just so happens to pull off the upset next week...and the weather is the same, do they have a chance? Lambeau Field just got some of its mystique back, after they lost it when the Falcons went in there and won.

New York will not play in the Super Bowl.

--------------------------

Marcus Pollard didn't bring his "A-Game", or joined the rest of Seattle's receivers in getting a case of Seahawk-itis (the dropsies)

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So who all had The Packers in the NFC Championship game in their preseason predictions?

Story line of the season: Undefeated Patriots vs. Brett Favre and The Packers in The Super Bowl. The media have to be salivating at the prospect. Unfortunately, those great match-ups rarely, if ever, happen. One of them will lose. My guess? It will be The Patriots. I think The Colts knock them off.

BB52Big.jpg

Playoff experience is overrated....

Today, we are all otaku.

Well Ryan Grant had an excellent 58 Minutes after the first 2 minutes. :D

As for Don Meredith I cant find him so I wil have to subsitute

Turn out the lights

The party?s over

They say that

All good things must end

Call it tonight

The party?s over

And tomorrow starts

The same old thing again

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I'm glad I'm in my room and not on the field where Al Harris is running around obliterating people.

EDIT: And Green Bay's secondary is out for blood. They're MURDERLIZING people out there.

Nice f***in' day for me to have to work...

But I'm salavating at the highlights I'll see once I get home.

Playoff experience is overrated....

It sure is. It seems to me that the better team wins most of the time, experience or not. Green Bay was clearly the better team in this game. It wasn't even as close as a score of 42-20 would indicate, and that's saying something. For a couple minutes Seattle was in the game and that was due entirely to Green Bay mistakes. After that, it was a just good old-fashioned ass-kicking. The Packers just dominated the game in every aspect. Nice win for the Packers. Hopefully they can take it all the way.

BB52Big.jpg

It wasn't even as close as a score of 42-20 would indicate, and that's saying something.

No kidding. Green Bay spotted two scores, and then went on a 42-6 run. Wow.

It's gonna be grim around here, that's for sure. I guess they'll have to take down the 12th man flag atop the Space Needle.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

No kidding. Green Bay spotted two scores, and then went on a 42-6 run. Wow.

Complete dominance. Had Grant not made those two fumbles, that might have been the score.

And I do agree with Rainmaker, I don't think the Giants will go into Lambeau and win if they beat the Cowboys. But Cowboys-Packers II will be one hell of a game. I'm all of a sudden hoping the Cowboys win, if only to see a better football game.

And IIRC, the Seahawks haven't won a road playoff game since the 80s. Ouch.

I notice that the NFL has apparently instituted a rule allowing road teams to bring their communications guys to prevent "technical difficulties" such as what the Jaguars apparently encountered in New England last season.

Discuss....

Today, we are all otaku.

I notice that the NFL has apparently instituted a rule allowing road teams to bring their communications guys to prevent "technical difficulties" such as what the Jaguars apparently encountered in New England last season.

Discuss....

Yeah, I caught that too. Apparently, if you raise the possibility that Bill Belichick did something untoward to hamper the playing ability of another team, you're a "hater" and should thus be immediately dismissed. I think we should have heard more noise about what, given these season's revelations, represent a pretty obvious form of cheating. Shame on the Patriots.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived