2008 NFL Playoffs

rainmaker17

Congrats to the Seahawks, they played the better game, but not by much.

Not by much??? You lost by 21. 35-14. Seems to me that score would indicate that Seattle played a whole lot better than Washington. I don't know. Maybe I am missing something.

Washington was ahead 14-13 at some point in the 4th IIRC.

And still lost by 21. Just saying.

Agreed. You gotta work real hard to be up 1 point in the final quarter and end up losing by 3 touchdowns.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats to the Seahawks, they played the better game, but not by much.

Not by much??? You lost by 21. 35-14. Seems to me that score would indicate that Seattle played a whole lot better than Washington. I don't know. Maybe I am missing something.

Washington was ahead 14-13 at some point in the 4th IIRC.

And still lost by 21. Just saying.

Agreed. You gotta work real hard to be up 1 point in the final quarter and end up losing by 3 touchdowns.

Or throw a 78 yard and a 57 yard pick six....

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If you've got a quarterback throwing those, then what does that say about the QB and the other team's defense?

He's a career backup trying to make plays....and succeeds in doing that for the other team?

Oh...and Tennessee needs to start doing something again.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If you've got a quarterback throwing those, then what does that say about the QB and the other team's defense?

He's a career backup trying to make plays....and succeeds in doing that for the other team?

Like preparing for next year? :P

Back to the debate, Washington wasn't really in that game to begin with. Seattle's defense dominated them throughout the entire game, and excepting for good drive that they had and one drive that Washington got via turnover, the Seahawks were in complete control of that game. Yeah, Todd Collins was trying to make a play...but the Seahawks had to take advantage of it. If they weren't that much better, then maybe Moss would've decided to at least get an Offensive PI to save a touchdown. I'm still not buying that excuse about "He didn't see the ball," I was taught back when I played WR in high school (only as a backup since I was primarily a DB and I couldn't catch. :P) that if you can't see the ball, you start playing defense so that the DB won't turn into the WR and take the ball in for a score. That's a rule of thumb.

If they weren't that much better, then maybe it would've been 18 points due to their kicker missing the FG. I'm just trying to say that they're a way better team. They might've come out of a somewhat weak division, but they're still a good team, IMO.

I guess we'll truly see after they go up to Lambeau and deal with unfinished business. :P

Back to the debate, Washington wasn't really in that game to begin with. Seattle's defense dominated them throughout the entire game, and excepting for good drive that they had and one drive that Washington got via turnover, the Seahawks were in complete control of that game. Yeah, Todd Collins was trying to make a play...but the Seahawks had to take advantage of it. If they weren't that much better, then maybe Moss would've decided to at least get an Offensive PI to save a touchdown. I'm still not buying that excuse about "He didn't see the ball," I was taught back when I played WR in high school (only as a backup since I was primarily a DB and I couldn't catch. :P) that if you can't see the ball, you start playing defense so that the DB won't turn into the WR and take the ball in for a score. That's a rule of thumb.

If they weren't that much better, then maybe it would've been 18 points due to their kicker missing the FG. I'm just trying to say that they're a way better team. They might've come out of a somewhat weak division, but they're still a good team, IMO.

I guess we'll truly see after they go up to Lambeau and deal with unfinished business. :P

Somewhat?!

That division didn't exist (in terms of ability) this year. It was Seattle and.......Seattle.

Today, we are all otaku.

Somewhat?!

That division didn't exist (in terms of ability) this year. It was Seattle and.......Seattle.

Well what about the Cardinals?

-giggle-

Well what about the Cardinals?

-giggle-

.. THE CARDINALS ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE... (sorry, I was listening to the Titans-Chargers on the radio which had Dick Enberg and Dennis Green as the commentators)

I saw, I came, I left.

I think Steeler fans are OK with this loss, as weird as this sounds. This team exceeded everybody's expectations. Most playoff years the city is electric, but that just didn't happen this year. Assuming the Chargers win tomorrow, I wish the Jag's fans well heading into New England. That said...

The Pens just moved into 4th in the east. Sid is only 3 off the points lead. And the team is in position to overtake the Devils for first place in the Atlantic. LETS GO PENS!!!

Right. This was still a great season and, though it couldve been better, was a great first year for Tomlin.

Tough way to end a season, but it happens. With Tomlin, there are more great years to come.

The pens are well on their way this year and I think the city is definately, if it hasnt already, starting to make the transfer from a football to a hockey city once again.

oBIgzrL.png

I don't doubt Seattle's ability. (Actually. I do, but I'm quite familar with them.)

It's just that they didn't dominate til the fourth quarter, and even then it was unforced errors on the Redskins part.

The Redskins didn't even score till the fourth quarter, Are you Rams fans just bitter because it's the Seahawks division now?

I don't doubt Seattle's ability. (Actually. I do, but I'm quite familar with them.)

It's just that they didn't dominate til the fourth quarter, and even then it was unforced errors on the Redskins part.

The Redskins didn't even score till the fourth quarter, Are you Rams fans just bitter because it's the Seahawks division now?

And Seattle didn't put Washington away until the Redskins' backup QB Western Unioned Seattle a couple TDs.

Oh...and division titles are nice....but call me when Seattle has one of these. ^_^

Today, we are all otaku.

And Seattle didn't put Washington away until the Redskins' backup QB Western Unioned Seattle a couple TDs.

Oh...and division titles are nice....but call me when Seattle has one of these. ^_^

They should have one already. Super Bowl XL should've been protested, as horrible as the officiating in that game was.

The giants/cowboys will be a damn good game.

I know both times we played them, they have the cowboys pretty tough. I expect this to be no different. I know they damn near beat the patriots, so i know this will not be a gimme. It will be a fight to the last minute.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Our defense kept us in the game, our QB (who hasnt consistently started in 10 yrs mind you) gave it away. Yeah, we were in that game thanks to our defense. LaRon Landry played great ball, as did Smoot. Springs im afraid was exposed a bit. Collins magic just ran out, that and we had a rookie free agent tackle defending leagues sackman Patrick Kerney. Oh well, no excuses, the defense kept us off balance all night, couldnt run the ball, Collins couldnt get the ball out of his hand quick enough to keep his ass off the ground, thats it. Seattles offense did not impress me much, their defense got the job done for them, good luck in Green Bay Mr. We want the ball and we're gonna score.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Our defense kept us in the game, our QB (who hasnt consistently started in 10 yrs mind you) gave it away. Yeah, we were in that game thanks to our defense. LaRon Landry played great ball, as did Smoot. Springs im afraid was exposed a bit. Collins magic just ran out, that and we had a rookie free agent tackle defending leagues sackman Patrick Kerney. Oh well, no excuses, the defense kept us off balance all night, couldnt run the ball, Collins couldnt get the ball out of his hand quick enough to keep his ass off the ground, thats it. Seattles offense did not impress me much, their defense got the job done for them, good luck in Green Bay Mr. We want the ball and we're gonna score.

Really, you're part of the team? I didn't know that.

I saw, I came, I left.

Not this argument again...yes im one of those people who says "we" when referring to the team. No particular reason for it, thats how ive always talked.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

"And Seattle didn't put Washington away until the Redskins' backup QB Western Unioned Seattle a couple TDs."

Let's not forget the rookie lineman, the muffed kickoff recovery, the missed 30 yard field goal...yeah, blame the backup.

It's a post-season win. It doesn't matter how Seattle won. What matters is they won.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Archived