Patriots logo I found.

BuddyLane

Yep, better than what New England uses.

I think the Elvis is too horizontal for a football helmet - it wraps too far around the helmet to be really effective to my eyes.

This is perhaps too much in the other direction - too vertical - but I still like it more than the Elvis.

It's just too detailed, and there are too many colors. Eleven colors. Are you kidding me?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It's a little busy, with all the shading, but better than what New England currently uses.

I wouldn't go that far, Gothamite! These logos look almost high-school esque. Or a bad college logo from that cookie-cutter design shop that seems to churn these out like so much product.

Yeah, Flying Elvis aint that great, but he's better than this.

It would only take a little tweaking to turn that in to a good logo, and it's at least as good as Flying Elvis as is.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

As already mentioned, there are far too many colors used, but in all actuality, not half bad at all. I wouldn't say it's better than the flying elvis, but it'd be a great fit for a minor league franchise. It's got that cartoony feel that a minor league baseball logo might have.

Change the colors slightly, and I think it would be an excellent logo for George Mason.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don't share the disdain often seen for the Patriots' logo. It's so simple, so effective and I love the way it wraps around a football helmet, like the Seahawks' do it. It's absolutely perfect for football, and it's such a great simplified rendering of a revolutionary soldier combined with the movement of a waving flag. It's really great.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I don't share your view of the Patriots logo. I think the "flying Elvis" looks like corpse falling from a plane. I am not trying to upset Patriot fans by saying that. I never liked that logo. I always thought it looked like a corpse and I think that the Patriots need to bury it 6 feet under. As far as cartoon logos go, the Patriots previous logo was cartoonish, but it had character. The patriot had a smirk on his face. With the success of the Patriots franchise today, I think that logo is more deserving of being on the Patriots helmet now. The NFL has too many letter head logos. I expect to see most of the NFL logos on company's business letters, not on a pro helmet. I think better logos would bring in more fans and raise revenue of merchandise sales. RIP flying Elvis.

Bengalssuck.jpg

I don't share the disdain often seen for the Patriots' logo. It's so simple, so effective and I love the way it wraps around a football helmet, like the Seahawks' do it. It's absolutely perfect for football, and it's such a great simplified rendering of a revolutionary soldier combined with the movement of a waving flag. It's really great.

I don't think it's great by any means, but it's certainly serviceable, and I wouldn't want to see it taken away unless the new logo is a clear upgrade. The logo posted isn't.

That being said, Pat Patriot is one of my all time top-5 favorite logos, so yeah, i'd love to see that guy return. Ain't happenin, though.

Yep, better than what New England uses.

I think the Elvis is too horizontal for a football helmet - it wraps too far around the helmet to be really effective to my eyes.

This is perhaps too much in the other direction - too vertical - but I still like it more than the Elvis.

Its funny because you are describing EXACTLY what I like about it.

I just don't see why this logo brings out so much disdain from everyone. I've loved it since the day it was introduced.

I also don't see the whole 'Elvis' thing, though I think its kind of amusing to think that if he were alive he'd be a Pats fan. ^_^

I just don't see why this logo brings out so much disdain from everyone. I've loved it since the day it was introduced.

I'll grant that it's worlds better than Hikin' Pat. But it just doesn't fit on a football helmet, and that's a major design flaw. Doesn't help that they put it so far back.

Horizontal logos can work - the Broncos' logo is about the only thing I like in their identity package - but this one just doesn't.

Archived