Raptors getting Third Jersey Next Season

uniguy22

Why does Toronto have basketball in the first place? Toronto is a fricken' hockey city.

Are you serious? Cities can't have more than one pro franchise? The Raptors have always had great attendance, and their fan base is very passionate about the team.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well... does the University of Toronto have a palentology department? Yea, it's a reach, but still...

Well.... you can major in Paleontology...

http://www.utm.utoronto.ca/regcal/WEBGROUP63.html

...then again, there is the Royal Ontario Museum which as a collection of dinosaurs ^_^

http://www.rom.on.ca/dinos/

Hey, that's my Campus!!! Woohoo, finally some notice, after St.George steals all the limelight.

Why does Toronto have basketball in the first place? Toronto is a fricken' hockey city.

Ummm, cause we have an average percentage sold attendance of 97.1%, higher than Phoenix, Portland, Denver, Washington and New Orleans. And just slightly lower than the Lakers! 8th in Average Attendance. Enough Said! Attendance Source

I don't see anything connecting Toronto and a dinosaur species.

Oh yes -- Toronto and its own city council.. :D

I would think a black alternate would look pretty cool. I hate ADDING black to a team colour, "just kuz," but have no problem when franchises take advantage of it when its part of the colour scene to begin with...

Which is why I'm not against seeing this. I'm all for black uniforms, as long as it makes sense and is in the color scheme, and isn't just there to be there (i.e. Florida with their unreleased black alt, Duke with those hideous black unis, etc.)

I agree 100%, we have black in the colour scheme, so we might as well use it. And the Red&Black is a huge hit in Toronto, much more popular than the Barneyesque Purple, Red & Black. These jerseys should be a big hit in the sales department. Now all we have to do is eliminate that butt stripe that goes on the shorts.

I agree about the colors. It's going to be interesting to see how much black this is, seeing as the writer made it sound like ALL black. I'd say that silver is a more prominent part of their color scheme than black, and I would like to see the silver alternate to justify that.

How is your anal probe?

Ummm, cause we have an average percentage sold attendance of 97.1%, higher than Phoenix, Portland, Denver, Washington and New Orleans. And just slightly lower than the Lakers! 8th in Average Attendance. Enough Said! Attendance Source

I didn't know Orlando was that high. Or even Miami since they have struggled this season. Dang, I thought Indiana would be much higher considering the popularity of b-ball in that area. At #25, I thought New Jersey would be even lower. That arena is just so friggin' empty all the time (not that it wasn't when the Devils played there too...)

Black alts for the Raptors? I don't really like black jerseys all that much unless it is complemented by other good colors (LA Kings, Phoenix Suns 90's "rising sun" = good. Baltimore Ravens, New York Mets = bad.) Hopefully since black is in the Raptors' color scheme, they will have something other than another trendy, black uniform.

I think they should just take the Washington Wizards approach and do something completely off the board like wearing black shorts with their red jerseys. I'm not really an all-black uniform fan either. They wreak of boring.

and ... why does Pittsburgh have hockey in the first place? It's a fricken' football city

Half right...

...this place, Pittsburgh, is more like a drinking town with a football problem. ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Hey, that's my Campus!!! Woohoo, finally some notice, after St.George steals all the limelight.

yeah, UTM is in a really nice location. The Argos also practice there. (but, I did go to St George campus :P)

Do you commute there or take up residence?

I saw, I came, I left.

From the department of lame, Hawks-esque recolorings that don't warrant their own thread.

raptorsredjg1.png

Meh, at least it'd be the right colors.

They should go ahead and do that if they want people to stop using purple as one of their colors.

Black alts for the Raptors? I don't really like black jerseys all that much unless it is complemented by other good colors (LA Kings, Phoenix Suns 90's "rising sun" = good. Baltimore Ravens, New York Mets = bad.) Hopefully since black is in the Raptors' color scheme, they will have something other than another trendy, black uniform.

Do you happen to have any photographical evidence of those Phoenix Suns alternates? I vaguely remember, but I like proof of old uniforms.

yeah, UTM is in a really nice location. The Argos also practice there. (but, I did go to St George campus :P)

Do you commute there or take up residence?

I commute, I live in Mississauga.

The Argos practice there too, and it's rather interesting seeing the media trucks there, and seeing Jim Lang doing his segment, really cool. The argos walk around the campus all the time, they work out in the same gym as the students, and on occasion you can see them in the Pita Pit or Mr. Sub lineups (always eating healthy). I remember this one time, I was entering the gym to workout, and I see this one guy walking out with huge biceps, and I'm like man...this student is jacked. I looked up and it's John Avery.

Wow, that's probably the dumbest thing I've read in a while...

Then you need to go back and find his other posts.

This board flames the s*** out of me. For minor, minor stuff.

Maybe it's the way you post stupid things without thinking them through. I dunno, that's just one veteran's view of things.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Wow, that's probably the dumbest thing I've read in a while...

Then you need to go back and find his other posts.

This board flames the s*** out of me. For minor, minor stuff.

Maybe it's the way you post stupid things without thinking them through. I dunno, that's just one veteran's view of things.

That, and he has a stupid user name. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived