Raptors getting Third Jersey Next Season

uniguy22

This board flames the s*** out of me. For minor, minor stuff.

No, you get 'flamed' (I use that term lightly) because you say stupid, ignorant things. 'Why does Toronto even have a Basketball team? They're a hockey city?" Let's break it down...

1. Stating that Toronto is a 'hockey city' is an ignorant, stereotypical statement. Boston is a Baseball city. Why should they have a Hockey team? Dallas is a Football city. Why should they have a hockey team?

2. Toronto has a huge urban population, capable of sustaining several sports franchies.

3. Location, there are really no other NBA teams close enough for Torontonians to call "their own". By placing a team here, you don't have to compete with a long established team to build a fanbase.

4. Popularity. At the high school level in Ontario, Basketball is one of the most popular sports out there. Hockey and Football are both seasonal and expensive. Baseball as a participation sport dies off by the time most players make it to High School. Basketball is accessable and can be played in any season. It plays to an untapped market with a very large population, and being priced competitively with the Omni-popular Toronto Maple Leafs creates an inexpensive alternate for fans looking for a team to put their money behind

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It plays to an untapped market with a very large population, and being priced competitively with the Omni-popular Toronto Maple Leafs creates an inexpensive alternate for fans looking for a team to put their money behind

Not only an inexpensive alternate, but a more respectable and credible alternate as opposed to the mess they call the Maple Leafs. It starts with sound upper Management. I.e. Brian Coleangelo, Wayne Embry, and Maurizio Giradini as opposed to that jumbled structure the leafs have.

Go back to ESPN then...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

1) No, we flame you for saying stupid ignorant remarks.

2) If you don't like it, then you can leave.

3) If you choose to leave, don't hesitate to go out with a bang. Tirades amuse me.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I'm kind of shocked no one has posted a concept yet...

No need for a concept....didnt MoPete post the actual uniform on his myspace a year ago...this description fits that uniform set.

Also, doesnt the NBA have a moratorium on black uniforms?

And finally, Toronto didnt look like such a hockey-only town back in 1992-93, thanks to Joe Carter. In fact, I'd say Toronto is a better sports city then some American sports cities, like Pittsburgh. I mean, they even support the friggin' MLS better then every other American market, except for maybe Houston. I've never been to Toronto but this says alot about Toronto....just like the same statement Pittsburgh makes with its meek attendance figures for Pirates games.

NYCdog.png

Toronto's sports fanbase is quite weird... sometimes I get the feeling that they're snobby (many people don't support the Argonauts of the CFLcause they think it's minor league and the city should have the NFL by now). Other times they've shown a surprising loyalty (Raptors & Toronto FC), as well as showing a disappointing loyalty to a team that doesn't deserve it (Leafs).

The Blue Jays are the wild-card, cause Toronto was nuts about them until the strike, and that pretty much drained the Baseball life out of most of the city. Years of mediocrity since, and the fact that they're in the worst division in baseball to be in hasn't helped.

One thing is for certain, Toronto has always cared for the Raptors. During the years they sucked they still had a good crowd. I bet the Black jerseys will sell very well, like all the claw apparell has.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

I'm kind of shocked no one has posted a concept yet...

No need for a concept....didnt MoPete post the actual uniform on his myspace a year ago...this description fits that uniform set.

Also, doesnt the NBA have a moratorium on black uniforms?

a.) That was not Morris Peterson's real MySpace page. It's some poser pretending to be him.

b.) The uniforms were photoshopped from a picture with Chris Bosh in a purple uniform. You could tell by the purple background, residual purple on the piping, and our fearless leader CC97 posted the original picture wherefrom it was photoshopped.

c.) I thought so (about the ban on black uniforms), but that was mentioned in the first page as (apparently) being no longer applicable. I don't recall them repealing it or anything, but that's the thought behind it if they're adding new ones, and that was mentioned briefly on the first page.

• 2 months later...

i always thought that using blue and red would make it great. before the blue jays changed to black (the JOe Carter years) were nice unis. or how about the Leafs have for color scheme? overall, I agree with AAO too many teams have red or black.

You think so? I thought it would be white simply because red and white are Canada's flag colors. With the silver trim.

And I wonder what 'nifty Canadian flag logo' will be atop the nameplate on the back collar. I guess that would mean it's not the TR with the maple leaf alt logo.

Archived