New NFL logo

bifford64

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I made these mods to it, and these conference logos, as well. Not awesome, but it helps the letters fit a little better.

nfl.png

The shield is perfect. Looks way better than the real one (though I don't hate the real one.)

Agree with previous poster who said that the conference logos should have only four stars.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like the 3 stars in the NFC and 6 in the AFC , they have a meaning where as the 20 something stars on the logo now don't but when it's updated to 8 that will make more since . I would like to see updated versions of the AFC and NFC logo but with 6 and 3 stars each .

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Correct me if I'm wrong - haven't they already done that?

The 'hamburger' is gone, the football was changed and the blue field has 8 stars now.

Somebody posted it earlier this season.

Or, is there more modifications coming??

The new logo was unveiled months ago, but it hasn't actually gone into use yet. It becomes "official" with the Draft. Until April, they're still using the old one.

Unusual, to unveil something so far in advance - wonder if they were giving themselves on "out" if fan reaction had been negative?

As for the topic at hand - I'm sure that there will be clearance, but that happens every year after the season's over - very little merchandise gets carried over the off-season from year to year.

Unusual, to unveil something so far in advance - wonder if they were giving themselves on "out" if fan reaction had been negative?

That was my thought as well. Unveiling it so early gave them a chance to gauge reaction, and then if the reaction was negative, they could quietly "forget" to make the change before next year.

The only effect unveiling it so soon has had on me was to stop me from buying anything with the NFL logo on it THIS year, since it will be outdated come next year.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I think the changes are subtle enough that they will go ahead with the new logo.

If it were a dramatic change, I don't think they'd do it. I'd even bet that most fans might not even notice the change. In the end I think that might be what the NFL is looking for; a modernization of a classic logo that won't draw too much attention.

If that is indeed their plan, I believe they'll succeed.

To be honest, I was watching the football games yesterday and thought to myself "Why are they still using the old logo?"

I went to Burger King today for lunch (I know, "ewww!") today and they are running an NFL promotion, so the NFL logo is plastered all over the cups and bags, and my reaction was definitely "that's the OLD logo... why are they still putting that on things?" But, of course, this change is completely under the radar for most people, so I agree with the sentiment that most people won't even notice that a change has been made until halfway through next year, if they ever notice at all.

indians4.png

"You could put an empty orange helmet on the 50-yard line at Cleveland Browns Stadium and 50,000 fans would show up to stare at it."

-Terry Pluto

I like the 3 stars in the NFC and 6 in the AFC , they have a meaning where as the 20 something stars on the logo now don't but when it's updated to 8 that will make more since . I would like to see updated versions of the AFC and NFC logo but with 6 and 3 stars each .

I don't get this comment. Why?

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

You don't get it because you are not understanding what is being discussed or have the information needed for your query. I hope that answers your question.

You don't get it because you are not understanding what is being discussed or have the information needed for your query. I hope that answers your question.

I'm afraid don't have a particularly smart-assed reply, quantumfreak, but he was referring to the six stars in the AFC logo and the three stars on the NFC logo.

Yeah, I guess I didn't understand why 3 and 6 stars somehow have meaning, or how it would somehow look better.

Silly me.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I'm afraid don't have a particularly smart-assed reply, quantumfreak, but he was referring to the six stars in the AFC logo and the three stars on the NFC logo.

Yes...but what is the symbolism behind them pray tell?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Anyone think they'll put the new NFL logo at midfield for the Super Bowl? The NFL does have a history of unveiling some of their new stuff during the Super bowl. Remember when they decided to put the NFL shirld on the Officials hats? They might use the Super Bowl as a kick-off event for the new logo...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Anyone think they'll put the new NFL logo at midfield for the Super Bowl? The NFL does have a history of unveiling some of their new stuff during the Super bowl. Remember when they decided to put the NFL shirld on the Officials hats? They might use the Super Bowl as a kick-off event for the new logo...

Would be a cool idea, since it is the most watched NFL event of the year. I doubt they'll do it though, since so much has already been done merchandise wise with the old logo that it wouldn't be smart to deviate at the last minute and pop up with a new logo.

My guess is that we'll see it at draft day.

Archived