New NFL logo

bifford64

I made these mods to it, and these conference logos, as well. Not awesome, but it helps the letters fit a little better.

nfl.png

The stars in the NFC and AFC logos could be reduced to four to represent the four divisions in each conference.

I was thinking the same thing, maybe getting rid of the football all together on the conference logo's and having 4 stars to represent each of the divisions.

AFCNFC.png

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone think they'll put the new NFL logo at midfield for the Super Bowl? The NFL does have a history of unveiling some of their new stuff during the Super bowl. Remember when they decided to put the NFL shirld on the Officials hats? They might use the Super Bowl as a kick-off event for the new logo...

Would be a cool idea, since it is the most watched NFL event of the year. I doubt they'll do it though, since so much has already been done merchandise wise with the old logo that it wouldn't be smart to deviate at the last minute and pop up with a new logo.

My guess is that we'll see it at draft day.

That's what they said earlier - it'll become official at the draft. Fresh season and all.

When Chelsea FC (English soccer, for those not up with The Beautiful Game) changed their crest, they did so right as they won their championship. All the championship merchandise had the new logo on it, a logo they hadn't ever used before.

Contrast that with the St. Louis Rams, who had a scheduled re-brand right after they won the Super Bowl, ensuring that everything from that season was immediately outdated.

I really like your idea for conference logos, guys. The current logos are bland and pointless.

Quick re-working with the real shield shape:

2213008516_c29f13500d_o.gif

And having cookie-cutter League-based conference logos isn't bland? Be serious.

The NFL needs to modernize the current conference logos, or come up with new, unique logos.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I like the new NFL logo. Not much of a change, but I d like the tweak of the font. It matches what they've been using on most of their merchandise for a couple of years now.

Well as far as I know the NFL's 20 some odd stars have no meaning , but as for the conference logos If I remember correctly then the NFC's 3 stars stand for the 3 charter members of the NFL left at the time of the AFL-NFL merger and the AFC's 6 stars are referencing the 6 charter members of the AFL at the meeting in 59 . look at the old AFL eagle logo , it has 6 stars . So Unlike the present NFL logo those do have meaning and history .

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I really like your idea for conference logos, guys. The current logos are bland and pointless.

That slanty F looks really stupid, but it's not your fault. I also see you used a rounded C, unlike the previous concept. In my opinion, these would be more likely to be used, but they don't look as good as the flat, straight-edged ones.

Although you could put these on the Equipment tag and use the 4-stars for the Captain patch...

Well as far as I know the NFL's 20 some odd stars have no meaning , but as for the conference logos If I remember correctly then the NFC's 3 stars stand for the 3 charter members of the NFL left at the time of the AFL-NFL merger and the AFC's 6 stars are referencing the 6 charter members of the AFL at the meeting in 59 . look at the old AFL eagle logo , it has 6 stars . So Unlike the present NFL logo those do have meaning and history .

That's all well and good....except there were only two charter members left in the NFL.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That's all well and good....except there were only two charter members left in the NFL.

Although not official, i think most consider the Packers to be an original NFL franchise. That might explain the three stars.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

From the Football hall of fame: "The Chicago Bears are one of only two charter members of the National Football League still in existence." the other team being the Cardinals.

Despite that, I'd wager the theory that the 3 stars stand for the Cardinals, Bears and Packers is correct. After all, the Packers DID join the NFL at the same time, but aren't considered a charter member because they didn't field a team until the second year of the league.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

From the Football hall of fame: "The Chicago Bears are one of only two charter members of the National Football League still in existence." the other team being the Cardinals.

Despite that, I'd wager the theory that the 3 stars stand for the Cardinals, Bears and Packers is correct. After all, the Packers DID join the NFL at the same time, but aren't considered a charter member because they didn't field a team until the second year of the league.

I've seen that reported around, but am not sure that it's true. What's your source?

I made these mods to it, and these conference logos, as well. Not awesome, but it helps the letters fit a little better.

nfl.png

The stars in the NFC and AFC logos could be reduced to four to represent the four divisions in each conference.

Or raised to 16 to represent each team.

And having cookie-cutter League-based conference logos isn't bland? Be serious.

The NFL needs to modernize the current conference logos, or come up with new, unique logos.

Totally agree.

Not to mention the fact that it wouldn't be a smart idea to take one of the most recognizable logos in American sport and use the same EXACT template and font for two secondary logos. Why mess with a good thing? Leave it as the primary and come up with something different if you want to change whats already in use, or use a similar shape of the shield but change the rest of the logo. Some people may disagree to what I'm saying, but I just feel that what they have now for conference logos are fine.

Some people may disagree to what I'm saying

On the Internets? Surely not. :P

Can't stand the logos they have now - among the most pointless in all of sport. Tying them in to the main shield would be an improvement, but they ought as well be discarded altogther.

Did I actually write "to"?

I meant "with"

:wacko:

Mys grammer bees inproving a lots.

Archived