Logo Tattoos

Discogod

I've always thought the problem with sports tattoos is twofold.

1) Logos come an go; they get modified, changed, or worse, the team changes its name or moves.

2) I kinda think getting a logo tattoo is obvious and sort of trite - but that's secondary because to each is his own. (However, I think it's totally OK to judges people's tattoos, but that's a side note.

Anyway, so I'm a 30 year old Mets fan, so Shea never looked like that to me. That said, this person's rendering is great. A little out there, but original.

Below is a representation of what Shea has always been to me. I got it last night, so it's quite raw. But I love it.

7386331058_2f3af75107_m.jpg

I don't have a tattoo...but if I did, as big a Met fan as I am, I could never go with what this guy has:

SheaTattoo2.jpg

...now, for those of you who are thinking "what the hell?!?!?", I won't post the image as to what it is--you'll have to click here for the surprise...

CLICK ME!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't visit here much anymore (see my Cubs tat on page one) and kind of forgot about this thread. Well, I got my second tat ~ a year and a half ago. Technically, it's not a "logo" tattoo, but it does represent my favorite teams:

SL740004.jpg

SL740006.jpg

SL740005.jpg

The goalie has "N's" on his shoulders, representing Northern Michigan University, where I went to college and became a huge hockey fan. The skater's jersey has "Bemidji" on it, representing both Bemidji State and Bemidji High School (I work in sports radio - and do a coaches show for BSU and play by play for the HS team). I get tons of comments on it and I'm thrilled with how it came out.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Would it be illegal for a tattoo artist to use copyrighhted logos (ie to make money re-drawing a logo that has rights belonging to someone else)?

Just something I thought about in light of the China counterfeit thread.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Would it be illegal for a tattoo artist to use copyrighhted logos (ie to make money re-drawing a logo that has rights belonging to someone else)?

I doubt most teams would go after fans who tattoo their logo on them. Would be bad PR

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

I doubt most teams would go after fans who tattoo their logo on them. Would be bad PR

Although if you have a tattoo & are a public figure you may not be able to show that to sell stuff.

Example of this is CM Punk I think WWE has to doctor his Pepsi Tattoo when they do covers & such with him.

On 1/22/2013 at 7:45 PM, roxfan00 said:

I hope this person got a refund for this bad butcher job.

That has to be fake/temporary. Please, please for the sake of this poor schmuck, it better be.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

I hope this person got a refund for this bad butcher job.

Worst-Patriots-Tattoo.png

That has to be fake/temporary. Please, please for the sake of this poor schmuck, it better be.

I don't know, I saw more than a hand full of crappy Tazzs in Red Wing jerseys in the late '90s.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

On 1/22/2013 at 9:41 AM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:
On 1/21/2013 at 4:35 PM, ridenlow71 said:

Ah nice, a Revolution helmet... that could really date this tat in a few years. Your tat looks high quality though, gotta respect that.

What is that yellow braid? Are you wearing a Viking horn/braid hat? :)

POTD (Shared)

87447C1F-D0F9-4DEC-8079-9426FC9C61E0-12554-00000C43C7CC8ADB.jpg

Ah nice, a Revolution helmet... that could really date this tat in a few years. Your tat looks high quality though, gotta respect that.

What is that yellow braid? Are you wearing a Viking horn/braid hat? :)

LOL nope wearing this, =)

3C32898D-649B-40D1-8502-2AAC33D64067-13095-00000D3C1F4DDF89.jpg

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

I have a Red Sox logo combined with the names of my children. The first sock makes up half of the "K" in Jack and the second sock makes up the "L" in Lily. My wonderful wife thought it up.

4MqGQzA.jpg

The picture quality is questionable. The colors don't appear to be that washed out.

Archived