New nhl proposals released!

habsfannova

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The goaltender is a player too: let then play the puck. I don't see how that would make a difference.

I think they want the puck to stay in the offensive zone and raise the scoring chances.  With the goalies not handling the puck, the chance for scoring increases.  But I don't like moving the net back to 10 feet.  I like the space for the Offense to create "opportunities", moving it back gives the Defense the advantage - takes away from scoring.  IMO.

Small pads, again, good goalies GGA will rise a bit, but the average goalie will be a 'strainer' in front of the net. Ouch.

I hate the idea of 3 pts. for a win (MSL use it), Overtime 4 on 4 is cool.  Hockey is the only sport with regular ties, and they mean something.  Weaker teams benefit from ties.  In football ties end up being meaningless (a few exceptions to that rule).

The obstruction rule and two line passes were good, but all these other rules are 'gagging' the flow of the game. :P

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Well.. i don't know what the hell the GM's are thinking.....

THat "No Goalie playing the puck" rule is enough to cancel out the good of the other three rules...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I actually like the goalie rule a little bit. Maybe they can allow a golaie to touch a puck but if he leaves the crease he is free game.

That may be the best way to go it will be instersting to see if Goaie woudl be willing to be knocked down leaving an exposed net.

The gola net is fien where it is now and does not need to be changed. Wayne Grtzky was able to make plasy behind the net so should other people.

The golaie pads should be reduced they are too big, Garth Snow looks liek a joke. However thsi rule will be phony since they never enforce Snow now, I mean look at his pads they are breaking the rules now.

3 points for a win, never it shoudl always be 2 points for a win you can not throw off the whole point scale.

I actually dont undertand the tagging up concept, so I really cant opine.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I say make it legal to hit goalies outside of the crease.  It would still allow them to play it, but would descrese them doing so.

And moving back the goals would, I believe, make either the offensive or neutral zone bigger which has the possibility of increasing scoring.

IUe6Hvh.png

I say make it legal to hit goalies outside of the crease. It would still allow them to play it, but would descrese them doing so.

And moving back the goals would, I believe, make either the offensive or neutral zone bigger which has the possibility of increasing scoring.

Not allowin goalies to back for the puck is a terrible idea--but I also agree--they should be fair game if they go back there.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I think that not letting the goalies play the puck is a compromise.  There's no way that they're just gonna let the goalies get hit when they go behind the net, they have to protect them ('cause for some reason goalies need protecting).  It's easier to just not let them go behind the net in the first place.

Talk about ripping apart the trap.  Just the two rules of tag-up icing and not allowing the goalie to play the puck behind the red line should be enough to break almost any trap.

I find the rule that goalies aren't allowed to play behind the red goal line is a great compromise to those that say they should be fair game outside the crease.  The goaltender is still allowed to shoot the puck if they stop before crossing the line, but it still allows for goaltender interference penalties.  You'll probably see a lot of goalies running for a dumped puck (with safety) instead of having it come to them during a power play just so their forwards don't have to come all the way back for it and so they can get a break on the changing penalties killers.  If the goalies know their limits, they can play with ease.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I suppose the idea of the goalie not playing it back there is interesting, but I'm not sure I like it.  I am curious to know if it allows for them covering it/swiping at it/etc slightly behind the line if they're in their crease.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Restricting the goalie's access to the puck is IMHO going to result in more stoppages in play, especially during the first season of the rule's implementation.  I don't see that as a good thing.

I was just thinking abouit the goaltender rule, with a lot of younger goaltenders being able to play the puck, the rule is like telling a QB in football that can run that he can't run passed the line of scrimmige.

The league keeps complianing about the lack of Star power, instead of making these young goalies the stars, there hindering thier ability to show off thier skill and thus hurting star power.

The league keeps complianing about the lack of Star power, instead of making these young goalies the stars, there hindering thier ability to show off thier skill and thus hurting star power.

That is a great point JKR, maybe the NHL shoudl start seeling their goalies.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

wtf! having a 2 minute penalty for a goalie touching the puck behind the net!! thats [fluffy cowpatties]!!! as a goalie who likes to play the puck, i feel thats a disgrace. wut good is that rule goin to do anyway? slow down the game is what. if that rule does go into effect i will officially hate the NHL for ever!

keepin goalie fair game is dif tho. the main reason why a goalie need protection is because if a goalie gets hit or sumthing behind the net, with all the equipment we have, something is bound to happen. but i can see that this could be a rule and its fair

limiting the pad size is bull also. i know from experience that with a smaller pad injuries increase. i remember 3 times when i grew out of my pads and worked with my trainer that i got hit in the inside and outside of my knee.

oh and that article but that former goalie who made that proposial should be shot in the head. "GOALIES ARE SIMPLY PUCKSTOPPERS" ehh [fluff] off!

and i hope they experiement this in the AHL or ECHL b4 they use it

**[brackets] denote Mod Edit

Edited by SyPhi - Feb 12/04 12:01am EST

untitled-1.png

Actually it'll only slow down the game if the goalie goes back and touches it for the resulting whistle.  (And after that is the always exciting powerplay.)  Otherwise you'll wind up getting a footrace between the attacker and defender to see who can get the puck first.  (Which is also why no-touch icing should not be allowed in the NHL.)  It will also disintigrate the trap allowing for more offensive opportunities for the attacking team.  And the tag-up icing rules allowed for a play to still continue if the puck is put offside on a power-play.

These are going to make the game way more exciting if you ask me.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

They should just make them fair game outside the crease.

For half of Gretzky's career (the first), I believe their was more room behind the net.

3 points is stupid. Go to what they had five years ago. Also, get rid of four on four.

Lastly, instead of doing that stupid goalie rule, do what I have listed above, but also try actually calling it when the goalie covers the puck behind the line.

Archived