Watched some of tonight's Sabres game

philly97flyer

I sure did see plenty of empty seats throughout HSBC tonight. What gives Buffalo? I thought it was the "new Hockeytown USA." I thought the only reason you guys didn't go before the lockout because you were unhappy with ownership? Seems like since things have gone a little south, you guys aren't filling that place up like you did last season. Come on, what happened to that "die-hard" (and I use that term loosely) fanbase?

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

I sure did see plenty of empty seats throughout HSBC tonight. What gives Buffalo? I thought it was the "new Hockeytown USA." I thought the only reason you guys didn't go before the lockout because you were unhappy with ownership? Seems like since things have gone a little south, you guys aren't filling that place up like you did last season. Come on, what happened to that "die-hard" (and I use that term loosely) fanbase?

292581.jpg

Good answer. In all honesty, I asked this question a while ago, too. No one has been able to give me a straight answer. Im just curious as to why so many people talk about what a great hockey town Buffalo is, then I see this. I was shocked, to tell you the truth. I thought new ownership and a couple decent seasons turned it around. Guess I was wrong, unless anyone would like to shed a little light on it for me.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Good answer. In all honesty, I asked this question a while ago, too. No one has been able to give me a straight answer. Im just curious as to why so many people talk about what a great hockey town Buffalo is, then I see this. I was shocked, to tell you the truth. I thought new ownership and a couple decent seasons turned it around. Guess I was wrong, unless anyone would like to shed a little light on it for me.

would this give us any indication why people aren't going to the arena?

monstrousxf5_slug.png

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

On the Devils telecast of the game (they were the ones that played the Sabres) they said there was some bad weather in the Buffalo area. The attendance number for the game was 18,690 which I believe is the sell-out number (or close to it) for HSBC.

There were alot of empty seats b/c of bad weather. Many schools were closed and roads had 1'' of ice on them. It was the same storm that killed 50+ in Arkansas & Tennessee.

Sure we dont have 100% sell-outs, but we are a poor city of 250,000. We still are in the top 1/2 of the league in attendance and i believe we beat your flyers twice already this year.

saBS.png

So how was the weather? I think that played a part.

And this is the guy who complains about no respect.

I looked up my family tree and found out I was the sap.

I wasn't talking about you :)

Well I might as well go along with it... ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

The Devils never drew well, I dont know why, they always have a competitive team. My only guess is because theyre in the shadows of NYC.

That and they have a terrible marketing department and charge over $100 to sit upstairs.

Is it really that much? It's only $10 at Blackhawks games, and students used to be able to get in for $8 before people went to games.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

The Devils never drew well, I dont know why, they always have a competitive team. My only guess is because theyre in the shadows of NYC.

That and they have a terrible marketing department and charge over $100 to sit upstairs.

Is it really that much? It's only $10 at Blackhawks games, and students used to be able to get in for $8 before people went to games.

Keep in mind that the Devils arena is brand new.

I paid $60 to watch the Leafs (lose 8-0 to Florida) from the very last row of the arena in the corner... a steal!

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived