WVU in New Unis

redlegs420

what's with the new trend of a plain front and the primary design elements on the back? i can't think of them off the top of my head, but watching games over the last month or so i've noticed that it seems to be the new trend

Maryland's new uniforms are the same way. Nothing on the front, a small black strip on the back of the shoulders and piping down the back.

Look realllly closely.

thumb_33C35218-3048-2F0A-AACCE2F0C117B637.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I don't know if it was mentioned before or not, but they also wore gold versions of these uniforms at Pitt last Thursday. Honestly, the design doesn't bother me (a life-long WVU fan). I actually really like the very plain front. With only the one stripe on either side of the jersey, the flying WV sticks out on the shorts better. The important thing is to continue to wear gold at home and blue on the road and just mix in the white and grey uniforms every once in a while for fun. (I mean, isn't that what an alternate uniform really is for?)

Maryland's new uniforms are the same way. Nothing on the front, a small black strip on the back of the shoulders and piping down the back.

that's exactly who i was thinking of, but just couldn't remember the team wearing them...thanks for the memory jog...there is at least one other team doing something similar...is it tex a&m or texas, maybe?? (just thinking of teams i've seen play on tv lately)

jldesigns404eo.png

Archived