Kelvin Sampson: Out

Drew22

somebody'll hire him somewhere i'm sure.

the REAL question is whether or not the team will play again this year. there were rumblings that they would quit if Sampson was fired. say what you want to say about the man, but if you can get a group of people to stick with you even when you're proven to be a liar, you're doing something right. at least to those people. <_<

Hooray for Dan Dakich fans everywhere!! I guess I'm the only one. I saw him coach at BG, against UC, I thought he was a cool guy.

Do you think Kelvin Sampson will coach again?

Nope hes done he got in trouble in two places.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

somebody'll hire him somewhere i'm sure.

the REAL question is whether or not the team will play again this year. there were rumblings that they would quit if Sampson was fired. say what you want to say about the man, but if you can get a group of people to stick with you even when you're proven to be a liar, you're doing something right. at least to those people. <_<

Eh, no way they quit. The entire contingent of Hoosier fans will riot if they quit.

Hooray for Dan Dakich fans everywhere!! I guess I'm the only one. I saw him coach at BG, against UC, I thought he was a cool guy.

He'll get another job at some point. If Eddie Sutton got another shot after multiple scandals, so will Kelvin Sampson. Hell, even Todd Bozeman got another job, and Sampson's infractions paled in comparisons to those of Sutton or Bozeman.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

He'll get another job at some point. If Eddie Sutton got another shot after multiple scandals, so will Kelvin Sampson. Hell, even Todd Bozeman got another job, and Sampson's infractions paled in comparisons to those of Sutton or Bozeman.

Sorry Tank, but you failed to realize that two time cheaters continue to get jobs historically. Not as many jobs as coaches with multiple time losing records, but still jobs they get. Examples:

Jerry Tarkanian

Norm Sloan

Lefty Drisell

Eddie Sutton

Rick Neuheisel

Jim Harrick

Dave Bliss

Well this is just shocking and came out of nowhere. Who would have guessed this would have been the ending when he was hired? ^_^

The only thing surprising is the fact that his tenure was as short as it was. I always figured it would end this way, though.

He'll get another job, although I doubt with a BCS or elite program.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well this is just shocking and came out of nowhere. Who would have guessed this would have been the ending when he was hired? ^_^

The only thing surprising is the fact that his tenure was as short as it was. I always figured it would end this way, though.

He'll get another job, although I doubt with a BCS or elite program.

Of course you knew...you know everything. <_<

Honestly, who would have thought Sampson would be THAT stupid...and so soon. Wow.

At least those 6 kids decided to get on the bus and travel to Evanston. They play for Indiana not for Kelvin Sampson and Sampson doesn't deserve martyr treatment anyway. Dude made his own bed, now he's got to lie on his funky ass sheets. Or he can spread out his 750k and lie on top of that, but it'll still stink just as badly.

EDIT: I guess you really do know everything. :P

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Regarding the situation as USF, it was more gimmicky than of substance. That program had been a laughingstock, with several recruits this year being booted for academics, and a reputation of emphasizing the recruitment of questionable transfers than high school talent. So, I guess they pretty much pulled the cord on the season early on, and brought in Eddie to put some rears in the seats and get some sort of press coverage.

VmWIn6B.png

Hoosier fans are irate about this- Hell, we were irate when he was hired! Granted, his winning teams quelled the fury quite a bit, but now that he's been busted(and ousted) again, we're freaking furious. Again. Get Bob Knight on the phone.

Sigs are for sissies.

Hoosier fans are irate about this- Hell, we were irate when he was hired! Granted, his winning teams quelled the fury quite a bit, but now that he's been busted(and ousted) again, we're freaking furious. Again. Get Bob Knight on the phone.

Serves y'all right for hiring a known rules violator in the first damn place. You can't sell your soul to the devil then complain when he comes to claim it. The chickens came home to roost. Y'all whored yourselves out to win a few more games, so you got exactly what y'all deserved. I hope the NCAA slams Indiana.

Serves y'all right for hiring a known rules violator in the first damn place. You can't sell your soul to the devil then complain when he comes to claim it. The chickens came home to roost. Y'all whored yourselves out to win a few more games, so you got exactly what y'all deserved. I hope the NCAA slams Indiana.

I dont agree with you much as you know, but spot on.

Why was Mike Davis fired in the first place? He did get Indiana to a Final Four

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Because he was unable to recruit, or really win. The traditional Indiana argument was that he got to the Final Four with Knight's players.

I'm not really sure how much I buy that...but it is telling that Sean May did not play for Indiana.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Because he was unable to recruit, or really win. The traditional Indiana argument was that he got to the Final Four with Knight's players.

I'm not really sure how much I buy that...but it is telling that Sean May did not play for Indiana.

And Eric Gordon not going to Indiana originally because of Davis couldn't have helped. He was losing in-state talent.

It probably didn't help that Mike Davis looked like he was having a nervous breakdown after every single game. The end of Davis' tenure at IU wasn't pretty.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived