New York Rangers, Traditionalists beware

Patchey13

Ok I've been stuck at home with mono so I've had a lot of free time on my hands. After seeing my yotes concept crash I decided to work on the New York Rangers. I really like the Rangers duds the way they are but it wouldn't be a concept if I didn't change anything now would it. I basiclly took there old 3rd design from last year and edge-i-fied it. I'am satisfyed with the end result. I couldn't decide on the piping so I kept it because it makes it seem less empty away from the arms. To keep the traditionalists happy I threw in the current blues as an alt.

I hope you like it

new_york.png

c&c please

oh god don't let the rangers see that. icon5.gif

if the rangers released something like that, and given what was released over the summer, its actually something you would see as new uniform design. However if they did release that, New York City would go up in flames. Unlike the isles fan base which consists of about 3 people far as i know, the rangers fans would never tolerate a redesign like that.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

if the rangers released something like that, and given what was released over the summer, its actually something you would see as new uniform design. However if they did release that, New York City would go up in flames. Unlike the isles fan base which consists of about 3 people far as i know, the rangers fans would never tolerate a redesign like that.

well do you have any CONSTRUCTIVE critisicm?

If there was no way the Rangers could retain any bit of their current look, then yes, I would say those would be suitable. Otherwise, it's an obvious no.

That said, I have to say I like the Liberty designs. As the proud owner of a navy Liberty 3rd jersey, I eagerly await the day the Rangers bring them back in some capacity. For every awful third jersey that's been introduced in the last decade, in any sport, the Rangers managed to do it with some class and some real style without making it look like some ridiculous marketing gimmick (think Wild Wing jerseys, the Mets "Back In Black" schtick, etc.).

My only complaint (if you can really call it that) is the numbers on the road whites. I'd like to see the colors flipped, just for the sake of comparison (blue text, red drop-shadow). Not that I think that would be an improvement, but I'm just curious.

Well done!

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

This seems to be valid constructive constructive. He was mentioning the fact that the design is fine, but that it would obviously never be adopted. You, sir, seem to have some problems with C+C. I seem to remember a Senators concept of yours when you basically argued everyone's comments.

This seems to be valid constructive constructive. He was mentioning the fact that the design is fine, but that it would obviously never be adopted. You, sir, seem to have some problems with C+C. I seem to remember a Senators concept of yours when you basically argued everyone's comments.

No he just went on for three lines about new yorkers not liking it. Thats an OPINON. not one sentance said how I can improve the design. I'am not even going to bother with the ottawa statement. I argued one point I disagreed with, thats in the past anyways.

Ok I've been stuck at home with mono so I've had a lot of free time on my hands. After seeing my yotes concept crash I decided to work on the New York Rangers. I really like the Rangers duds the way they are but it wouldn't be a concept if I didn't change anything now would it. I basiclly took there old 3rd design from last year and edge-i-fied it. I'am satisfyed with the end result. I couldn't decide on the piping so I kept it because it makes it seem less empty away from the arms. To keep the traditionalists happy I threw in the current blues as an alt.

I hope you like it

new_york.png

c&c please

This concept actually works. It has a modern look, but good job on retaining the classic as an alt.

No he just went on for three lines about new yorkers not liking it. Thats an OPINON. not one sentance said how I can improve the design. I'am not even going to bother with the ottawa statement. I argued one point I disagreed with, thats in the past anyways.

Isn't all C&C an opinion? There's no set way to definitively make a jersey better, just someone's opinion. He didn't directly say it but I got something out of his post that has some validity- less subtle modernization.

NOTE: Saying that a team would never adopt a design is stupid. These are just ideas, things people want to try. 99.9% of designs on here would never get a second look from anyone remotely connected to anyone who could pass such info along.

It is NOT C&C to say the team would never wear it. It is a negative comment to put down a design. C&C denoted a post that looks at the elements and principals used in the design of the jersey, what they like and why, what they don't like and how they could improve on the design. Tips for what to do next. Ideas to try out. THAT is C&C. Any stupid ass can tell you that a team would never wear a jersey, or that this ROXXXDORXX!!!!!@111111. C&C denotes putting actual though into what is being seen and said...

Very good adaptation of the Liberty Jerseys. I've always felt the grey stripes they used are very unrecognized in terms of how stylish they are.

The design is clean, good balance between the colours, and with all the elements in it, you've managed to keep it from becoming cluttered. The only change I would make, give the alt a tie-down collar.

heres the thing with the Rangers True Blue. its the only blue of its kind in the league. its the dominant color in the logo, the jersey, and the tradition of the team. name me another team that uses that blue as a uniform and ill eat my hat. the closest i think is the avalanche but they have more burnt red in it.

now the Navy Blue is used by teams like the predators, pathers, islanders, oilers, capitals and sabres. notice thats 4 teams in the eastern conference that use the color and one if them is the teams biggest rival. the market is flooded with that color. thats one of my problems with it. also i was never a fan of the liberty design, but hey thats just me.

personally your main designs work as an alt, but should never replace the home and away jerseys the rangers use now. it would be throwing tradition away for the sake of making more money.

I've always disliked the current rangers jerseys. And I've always loved the Lady Liberty look. Good job with sleeve striping. I'm not a huge fan of the piping though. Maybe find a better way to fit the piping into the rest of the design. Right now it doesn't flow with the rest of these fine jerseys. Oh yeah, and I think all the jerseys should have the tie-down collar.

Archived