New Georgetown SOD Uniform

NickSixers

Here are some pictures I took of the new Gtown SOD uniforms:

2314092238_193aacda6b.jpg

2313278295_897836be6c.jpg

Here's my full flickr set

I think it's a downgrade from the previous uniforms. If the Hoyas had to get transformed to the System of Dress, however, I think could be the best possible result save Nike bending from the typical SOD style (i.e. UNC).

Might see the team wear these on Saturday, or they might be debuted at the Big East Tourney? I think they are held for the tourney, just like Syracuse last year. Didn't work out too well for the Orange, hopefully they'll be more luck for us.

Well, all in all, it isn't that bad. That is a lot of that... whatever they call it, but these could've easily been a lot worse. They use to have the design in side panels that started at the base of the armholes, but ended only halfway down the short, back when Iverson was there. These remind me of those a bit.

I likes em okay.

Of course, that's just designwise. I don't really care for the S.O.D.

Why is it that a lot of these teams that wear these system of dress uniforms are switching over mid season?

I've been wondering the same thing with each passing switch. Are we really at the point in college basketball now that uniform sets will be switched twice a year?

I can't remember the last time so many teams had complete overhauls mid-season. I think this is a bad sign of things to come.

From OP's Flickr page:

2313273829_54f9581a4b.jpg

Very happy to see the stupid collarbone stripes are gone.

Personally, I think the SOD look is great. Basketball uniforms have been essentially the same for 70 years, so it's nice to see Nike come in and disrupt the entire sport. Most SOD teams, to me, just look cleaner and more professional than the teams they're playing against. Additionally, it seems like the SOD set isn't nearly as limiting as RBK's EDGE look. Syracuse looks different than Georgetown who looks different than Florida who looks different than Oregon who looks different than Marquette. I'm a fan.

EDIT: If you go the SOD site ( http://systemofdress.com/ ), you can check out a timeline of basketball uniforms from the 60's onward. Up until the Fab Five went baggy in 1992, everything was basically the same for forever. Again, good to see Nike blow things up a bit.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

SOD = Stormtroopers of Death

You can't use acronyms that are already in place, see WWF.

:D

Aaaaactually, it stands for System of a Down. But I'll forgive you because of their plunge into mediocrity and Serg's solo career.....*shudder*

Sorry, bud, but Stormtroopers of Death have System of a Down beat by ten years. SOAD couldn't hold Scott Ian and Charlie Benante's jocks.

SOD = Stormtroopers of Death

You can't use acronyms that are already in place, see WWF.

:D

Aaaaactually, it stands for System of a Down. But I'll forgive you because of their plunge into mediocrity and Serg's solo career.....*shudder*

Sorry, bud, but Stormtroopers of Death have System of a Down beat by ten years.

easliy

btw, it's SoaD

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

At first I wasn't a fan of the SOD but now its not that bad. I really like these Georgetown unis. Just like someone else said on this thread a lot of teams use this template but they each look different from one another.

The one thing that bothers me is that these should have all been released at the start of the season instead of right now.

sig.jpg

Archived