New York Yankees Concept

LEWJ

So, I decided to get back to some concepts, something I haven't done in a while (specifically baseball).

With this, I am just experimenting with the options the Yankees have, while keeping it traditional.

I like how these came out, but this is, by no means, a set that I would propose them to use, the Yankees uniforms are perfect as is.

Basically all I did was add some gray to the home uniform, and use what basically is the BP logo, on all the sets and caps.

I realy like the double-outlined BP cap logo.

Home Version 1.0

Home Version 1.1:

YANKEES_HOME2_WEB.png

Road Version 1.0

Road Version 2.0

Road Version 2.1:

YANKEES_ROAD3_WEB.png

C&C Please

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Lose the numbers on the front of the jerseys, and if you are going to use that kind of outline, use a more standard mlb block font (the Yankees font kind of looks like football numbers when outlined like that.)

I also think NY on the road set could work. If NY is short for New York, then it doesn't make sense to have something representing New York on both home and away jerseys if those somethings are different.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I agree with BringbacktheVet. Lose the numbers on the front of the jersey and the concept is solid.

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

I agree with BringbacktheVet.

That is usually a smart idea.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You're moving in the wrong direction: less outlining, not more. Look to how the Dodgers have taken away all the extraneous white and silver trim from their grey jerseys. It's just Dodger Blue on grey, and it's so much cleaner and classic without all that. Likewise,the only Yankee modification you can make a case for, really, is to take away the trim and piping and just have "NEW YORK" and the numbers in midnight blue on grey, the way it used to be. I'm not a fan of the home logo being repeated on the greys, either. Every single team should spell out its city name on the road uniform, no exceptions.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I was always thinking about making a "NY" road jersey but I don't know how to make concepts...anyways great execution, I would love for the bombers to drop their dreary "New York" road jersey, I'm not saying they need to go nuts with piping and all that garbage, but the interlocking NY on the road jersey and maybe pinstripes would be a fresh yet traditional look.

rob66.png

Archived