2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

Dear Nationals,

You suck, you honestly do.

Just firggen try is that too much to ask when you play the :censored:ing Phillies? You try like hell when you play the Mets. Thats all I ask give the same effort. I know its a tradition for DC Baseball teams to utterly suck, but its a new milenium, and its a new league. First in War, First in Peace and Last in the American League. I get that it was a cool tradition, but come on give us a break and stop rolling over and playing dead when the Phillies come to town.

Yours Trully,

NJTank

The Nationals suck, they honestly do? Did you just notice this today? They have the worst record in baseball Tank. You Mets fans have a very firm grasp of the obvious don't you. :D

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In a shocking development, ESPN is accidentally showing the wrong game on Wednesday Night Baseball. Somehow the Cubs-Brewers game is on ESPN. Did someone hit the wrong switch or something? Or is the Red Sox-Angels game in a rain delay?

We have ESPNEWS HD

Good for you. What exactly does that have to do with...well anything?

BB52Big.jpg

The Phillies are the originator of the September collapse with their 1 (one) (uno) championship in 125 years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUlw3ACdN5s

Yes thats right 1, you know that kind of sucks.

And the City of Philadelphia which strives to be as nice as Camden still has ZERO Major Championships since 1983.

Arena Football dont count and will never count.

All time favorite Philly Sports Memory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVeqzYgTELk

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Phillies are the originator of the September collapse with their 1 (one) (uno) championship in 125 years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwW9L_qzqp8

And the City of Philadelphia which strives to be as nice as Camden still has ZERO Major Championships since 1983.

Someone's still bitter about last season....

They might be the "originator of the September collapse", but no team collapsed as bad as the 2007 New York Mets.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I'd be more apt to believe this Manny trade has been sent to the commissioner's office if there was more than just Will Carroll reporting it...

Of course, would Manny waive his 10-5 rights to go to Florida?

When he left the ballpark today, reporters told him that he was going to Florida and said something to the extent of "Great! It's a tax-free state and I can live at home."

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Manny could backfire on Florida, the Marlins are a good young team with spunk, Manny is an aging vet with a bad attitude and that could mess the chemistry up.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

At least the Phillies can beat the Nationals when it matters most....

Actually, teammates love Manny. I can't imagine he'd create many headaches in the two months he'd be there.

I'm under the impression Manny would waive his no trade clause to play on Jupiter if that's the deal the Sox found, at this point. Unless he's all talk, and given his history, it's entirely possible, he just desperately wants out of Boston. I think he means it this time. He thinks he can fetch a huge contract, so the last thing he wants is for the Sox to exercise their team option. I don't know -- at this point he's a past his prime DH who can be the worst defensive in the league if need-be.

IUe6Hvh.png

I'd be more apt to believe this Manny trade has been sent to the commissioner's office if there was more than just Will Carroll reporting it...

Of course, would Manny waive his 10-5 rights to go to Florida?

When he left the ballpark today, reporters told him that he was going to Florida and said something to the extent of "Great! It's a tax-free state and I can live at home."

That is too funny. I think "Manny being Manny" is pretty entertaining most of the time.

BB52Big.jpg

Tank, I'm just curious. How many of those Mets championship teams were you a part of again?

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Yet, despite all that, I still find a way to wake up in the morning, go to work, smile, talk to people, come home, go jogging behind Boathouse Row or Wissahickon Creek, and just generally be happy (and if I'm lucky, which lately I haven't been, enjoy the company of a good woman.) It's amazing how a baseball team's (that I am in no way a part of) failings really don't affect my ability to do what I have to do every day and enjoy life.

In fact, if I keep getting the opportunity to reply to posts like this, a case could be made that their past failings have actually helped me enjoy life!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If hope Florida can pull this trade off. If they do pull it off I am going to Larry Beinfest's (Marlins GM) house tomorrow night. I will be standing by his window while holding a boom box over my head. It will be blasting out Peter Gabriel. When I finally get his attention I will ask him if he would sign my boner.

This could blow up in Florida's face but i want this to happen.

Yikes. Tank you are absolutely insane. Just throwing that out there...

As for Manny Watch '08, Gammons reports no deal so far. However, general consensus is...

Marlins get Manny Ramirez

Red Sox get Jason Bay

Pirates get Jeremy Hermida, Ryan Tucker and 2 prospects (one from Florida and one from Boston)

I will pass. Manny AND a prospect just for Jason Bay? Really Theo? REALLY? I hope this is false, as I still don't see a trade happening.

Yikes. Tank you are absolutely insane. Just throwing that out there...

As for Manny Watch '08, Gammons reports no deal so far. However, general consensus is...

Marlins get Manny Ramirez

Red Sox get Jason Bay

Pirates get Jeremy Hermida, Ryan Tucker and 2 prospects (one from Florida and one from Boston)

I will pass. Manny AND a prospect just for Jason Bay? Really Theo? REALLY? I hope this is false, as I still don't see a trade happening.

Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

:evil:

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

If hope Florida can pull this trade off. If they do pull it off I am going to Larry Beinfest's (Marlins GM) house tomorrow night. I will be standing by his window while holding a boom box over my head. It will be blasting out Peter Gabriel. When I finally get his attention I will ask him if he would sign my boner.

gtfo2.gif

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That is quite possibly the most disturbing post of the day

gtfo2.gif

Ahh the NL East battle is going to be fun.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Archived