2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

Have I mentioned how awesome MLB.TV is?

Is it free?

Nothing ever is....

Speaking of free, is anyone else surprised that ESPN.com is still free? I figured they would want big money for just viewing their home page....

Shame on people for wanting to get compensated for their work. :cursing:

I just think you shouldn't have to pay for all the "Insider" crap and lame blogs. What's the point?

I don't get it, you think they're lame and crap but you still want to be able to read them?

Don't you dare question him; he will be the "mature" one and take it to a PM.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it free?

Nothing ever is....

Speaking of free, is anyone else surprised that ESPN.com is still free? I figured they would want big money for just viewing their home page....

I just think you shouldn't have to pay for all the "Insider" crap and lame blogs. What's the point?

I don't get it, you think they're lame and crap but you still want to be able to read them?

I never said I want to read them. I just think it's crazy that they charge you in the first place. I'm pretty sure we had a big discussion about this a while back.

Hahaha, ok, Eye.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Is it free?

Nothing ever is....

I never said I want to read them. I just think it's crazy that they charge you in the first place. I'm pretty sure we had a big discussion about this a while back.

Hahaha, ok, Eye.

So, you think it should be free, because you don't want to pay for it. Hell - I wish beer was free at the bar, but I understand why they charge. You should be thankful for anything that you do get for free. Honestly, there's no reason that they shouldn't charge for content. For some reason, since web content (along with other forms of IP like logos) aren't physically tangible, everyone thinks they should be free (and most don't have a problem stealing them.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is it free?

Nothing ever is....

Hahaha, ok, Eye.

So, you think it should be free, because you don't want to pay for it. Hell - I wish beer was free at the bar, but I understand why they charge. You should be thankful for anything that you do get for free. Honestly, there's no reason that they shouldn't charge for content. For some reason, since web content (along with other forms of IP like logos) aren't physically tangible, everyone thinks they should be free (and most don't have a problem stealing them.)

But when other sites have the same content and it's free, what makes ESPN better than everyone else and have the need to charge people for it?

what the hell is ccslc?

I think Wagner has it out of Johan he always seems to suck when he pitches. Sigh thanks for getting the bullpen help we needed Omar. Hopefully soon you will be out the door too.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Another Santana win blown by the Mets bullpen and turned into a loss...fun.
I think Wagner has it out of Johan he always seems to suck when he pitches. Sigh thanks for getting the bullpen help we needed Omar. Hopefully soon you will be out the door too.

So is the season over or are we still in it guys? :D

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Is it free?

Nothing ever is....

Hahaha, ok, Eye.

But when other sites have the same content and it's free, what makes ESPN better than everyone else and have the need to charge people for it?

If you get the same content from other sites for free, then why do you want to go to ESPN? There is obviously something that they're offering that is getting people to pay. Typically, businesses will only charge what people are willing to pay - that's kind of what sets the market.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is it free?

Nothing ever is....

Hahaha, ok, Eye.

If you get the same content from other sites for free, then why do you want to go to ESPN? There is obviously something that they're offering that is getting people to pay. Typically, businesses will only charge what people are willing to pay - that's kind of what sets the market.

To each his own. You see it fit to charge for some content and I don't. Agree to disagree?

what the hell is ccslc?

To each his own. You see it fit to charge for some content and I don't. Agree to disagree?

Someday when you grow up - probably when you get to the point where you no longer feel it's right to make little kids forfeit their seats to you, and you get out in the working world, you'll understand.

Someday when you grow up - probably when you get to the point where you no longer feel it's right to make little kids forfeit their seats to you, and you get out in the working world, you'll understand.

Yup. Because I haven't had a full time job. Could you please tell me other things about my life that I don't know?

what the hell is ccslc?

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

How 'bout those Rays, eh? They just keep on winning!

Yeah, they seem to. I've been waiting for the day they finally collapse, but maybe they really are the real deal. Let's see how far they can make it in the playoffs IF they get there.

what the hell is ccslc?

The Angels allow 10 unearned runs on four errors and completely choke away the game against the Yankees, 14-9. They even got a Grand Slam from Teix, and manage to blow that.

What happened to the team that ate the Red Sox alive, and why don't they play like this against Boston? :rolleyes:

In other news, since the Angels blew a big lead, their season is promptly deemed over by default. Cooked. Done. OVA.

Yeah, the Angels-Yanks game was crazy. They could've put the Yankees away so many times, but they didn't. I thought it was over after Nady's 3-run homer, then Texiera hit the grand slam...it was a fun game to watch if only because the Yanks came out on top. ^_^

Still, it's good to split the series with a team considered the "best in baseball" right now.

yankeessigob9.png

Yeah, the Angels-Yanks game was crazy. They could've put the Yankees away so many times, but they didn't. I thought it was over after Nady's 3-run homer, then Texiera hit the grand slam...it was a fun game to watch if only because the Yanks came out on top. ^_^

Still, it's good to split the series with a team considered the "best in baseball" right now.

Boy, has Nady ever broke out of his shell after coming to the Bronx. Who would of guess he would of been the better pick-up then Pudge?

Yup. Because I haven't had a full time job. Could you please tell me other things about my life that I don't know?

Did you get paid for your work that you did in that full-time job? Or did people expect you to give your services away for free?

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

How 'bout those Rays, eh? They just keep on winning!

The Braves will always get my #1 support, but I've adopted the Rays as the #2 ever since I went to a game of theirs back in May.

I like em too, if only because they're going to knock one of the AL East teams out of the playoffs should they make it, and I am a huge fan of schadenfreude when it comes to the SAWX and YANKZ.

Archived