Washington Nationals

cappital92

Whoa! That's a lot of pink! However, I think this is an interesting idea. If you could somehow incorporate the DC into a more graphic cherry tree for the secondary, maybe substitute the navy blue for the red, and change the letters/numbers to white/blue, this could work, but as you said, only for a once-a-year kind of thing.

A good start I think, especially if they link it to Breast Cancer. I would drop the pink pants, and red entirely. Use navy and gold as the accent color. Also the tree to me looks more like recolored oak or something, try to get a more accurate representation.

In all honesty of all the "out there" concepts this really could work.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I was thinking that the National's should have played in the uniform, during the two game in Japan. I was reading that back in 1912 Japan gave the United States 3,000 cherry blossom trees. I like the originality of the concept, I would add some navy blue and gold accents to it.

You have a lot going on here, and some of your changes don't seem particularly reflective of the purpose of this concept (such as changing the lettering bevels to blue). But it is at least thought-provoking, so I'll concentrate on a couple of thoughts that came to me.

First off, I think you take the pink a bit too far with the pants. This is baseball, and even when the home team wears a solid-color shirt, white pants are the norm.

Second, I think the shade of pink you've chosen is much too saturated. Cherry blossoms in DC range from bright white to a much lighter shade of pink than what you're using.

Third, if this is to be a useful marketing ploy, you should probably think about putting the road "Washington" script on the jersey, even if it's intended for use at home. To the extent that tourists might buy a cherry blossom-themed Nats jersey, they would want a jersey that says "Washington", not one that says "DC" or "Nationals".

Fourth, what really caught my eye was the cap. Make it a light pink cap with a solid red bill, and probably use a white-and-gold DC logo, and you'd have the kernel of a very strong cherry blossom festival alt uniform.

I think your idea here is much better than your execution of it. If you were to really focus on bringing the aesthetics and colors of the cherry blossoms to a Nationals uniform, and ensure that every change you make is clearly justified by this aesthetic project, I think you'd be well on the way to a very strong second draft.

20082614447.png

Sorry for keeping it real, bud. LOOK at that uniform set. Look again. Enough said.

Being a jerk isn't "keeping it real, bud."

If you're gonna say it looks like crap, at least give suggestions on how to improve on the idea.

Look at your critique. Look again. Enough said. <_<

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Yeah, like was mentioned already, make the pants white and tone down the pink to a baby pink, not the shade of pepto-bismol you have now. However, these would make cool breast cancer awareness jerseys if you take the various C&C you've heard so far and apply it.

ugly as :censored:

So's your mother.

Version Two:

cbwn-1.png

I made the pants white, lightened the pink, and found a better picture of a blossom(I also made one with the "DC" in it, I'm not sure which one's better.). Ballwonk's ideas of putting "WASHINGTON" on the jersey and making the hat pink with a red bill.

Fix the pink collar on the back of the jersey and make the cap the same shade of pink as the jersey itself. Toning down the pink was a huge step up. I like the DC-flower, but take away one of the "seeds" (I don't know what they're actually called) and only have nine. That would maintain a reference to the DC-circle patch the team also has.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Very nice improuvements you've done. I didn't think it could be pulled off but you surely made something that looks good. I don't know if you volontarely made the front numbers white or if you just missed a click with the paint bucket. They need to be red.

Wow your new version is even worse, TWO different shades of pink? I tried being succint, obviously you just got offended, let me explain in greater detail. No team in major league baseball has worn, will wear, or ever will wear an entirely pink uniform. Ever. On any occasion. And there is a good reason for that.

Hows about you leave my mother on this and focus on ways to improve your :censored:ty design, although theres really no point (see above paragraph).

I'll beat your punkass I'm from the DC area too. GMU sucks ass btw. Bring it.

Wow your new version is even worse, TWO different shades of pink? I tried being succint, obviously you just got offended, let me explain in greater detail. No team in major league baseball has worn, will wear, or ever will wear an entirely pink uniform. Ever. On any occasion. And there is a good reason for that.

Hows about you leave my mother on this and focus on ways to improve your :censored:ty design, although theres really no point (see above paragraph).

I'll beat your punkass I'm from the DC area too. GMU sucks ass btw. Bring it.

:blink:

as for the concept itself, it seems more fitting for either a breast cancer awareness special jersey or a womens softball team.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived