Washington Nationals' Opening Day Uniforms

amare32

I managed to procure 2 tickets to the Nationals' home opener at their new stadium on Sunday night.

Do they always wear the red alts on Sunday? Has anyone heard an announcement as to what they'll wear on opening day?

I'm trying to decide if I should rock the red W home cap or the red DC alt cap.

It seemed like they wore the red ones every sunday, just like the brewers wore thier throwbacks every sunday. I'm almost certain that it's a sunday thing. And I'd go with the "W" cap IDK why, I just love that squiggly W. But I personally prefer the navy blue cap over the red one.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

I'm hearing the Braves will be wearing a yet-to-be announced blue alt that will be a road-only alt this season.

Talkin' Chop Blog had the same thing. I'm pretty sure it'll be the case.

It will be a high profile game so I'm sure the Nats want to look their best (i.e. white unis)

i'd go with the red alt caps personally, never been a big fans of the pretzel W caps, but that's me. I'll be at all 3 games when the Dbacks open up, hopefully I'll see you there and finally get that few beers you owe me ;)

Since it's on the road, should we be assuming it's got the "Atlanta" script over the tomahawk?

I think it will say Braves, actually.

I'm guessing that it will look like this (with the possible of the hat, of course).

bravesfantalt.png

NOTE: I just edited this drawing in Photoshop by removing the numbers of the front, making the socks solid navy, and taking out the right side of the drawing. However, Photobucket isn't wanting to acknowledge the new version yet. But, I'm sure that the idea is pretty obvious.

I'm hearing the Braves will be wearing a yet-to-be announced blue alt that will be a road-only alt this season.

:censored:.

Why? The Braves should be one of the few that doesn't need to be wearing alternate jerseys.

Yet they've been doing alt unis since 2005

You don't say, Auburn?

If you look up my history of posts in relation to the Braves wearing alternate jerseys, you'll find them to be consistently in opposition of these terrible jerseys. They would make fine batting practice jerseys, but for game use, the Braves should stick to white and gray.

I managed to procure 2 tickets to the Nationals' home opener at their new stadium on Sunday night.

Do they always wear the red alts on Sunday? Has anyone heard an announcement as to what they'll wear on opening day?

I'm trying to decide if I should rock the red W home cap or the red DC alt cap.

The red alts have been for Sunday day games. I would bet on the home whites for Sunday night's opener. It's a night game, it's on national TV, it's a sellout in-the-U.S. MLB season opener, the president of the United States will throw out the first pitch, and the team's owners and president hate the DC logo. I think that all augers for crisp home whites.

I would give lower but still good odds of red alts on Saturday evening.

As for your cap, don't be guided by what the team will wear. Wear your preference. The new park is all about the curly W, but since the DC logo looks more like the city of Washington to me, that's what I'll be sporting. Well, that and my personal rule about not wearing the jersey and cap from the same uniform as a fan.

20082614447.png

Any chance the Atlanta-Washington game will be televised nationally?? I'm curious to see the new Nats Ballpark....

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Archived