Adidas

Vicious

Ok, so ive been checking out some of the new adidas gear for Michigan

Take a Look

all of these would be pretty decent shirts, had they not thrown in an adidas logo, or three stripes going down the sleeves.

terrible.

i miss Nike already. in fact, i might have to go buy some michigan shirts before adidas gets their gaudy hands on them.

i hope that adidas can get the jerseys right at least.

your thoughts?

-Vicious-

Picture21.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they do, but the swoosh is subtle, and looks a lot better then three bars with adidas below it. it wouldnt be so bad if they left the wordmark out.

plus, Nike doesnt have nasty stripes down the sleeves.

Picture21.png

I TOTALLY agree with you! I am a HUGE Michigan fan... it just doesn't seem right seeing the Adidas logo with M apparel. I think the Adidas logo would look more subtle and I would like it more if they just used the blocked triangle. Nike dropped the text off their logo because you don't need the name of the company to know the swoosh is nike... I think adidas is established enough to do the same. I also don't like the white stripes on a navy shirt where everything else is maize... if the stripes were maize too it may not look as distracting. just my opinion... I know some people prefer adidas to nike, just a personal preference... mine is for nike.

Vicious... I posted this on another topic but I talked to a player on the team, they haven't seen the new jerseys but said he has heard the away unis will be very different and that the # style for all jerseys will be different. I hope they stick with some kinda block numbers at least.

Mhockeyavatar-1.jpgMRink.jpgMhockeyavatarmaize-1.jpg

I have no problem with the use of the logo, but Adidas' obsessions with three stripes on the sleeves has always bugged me. It clashes with so many other design elements, yet they throw it on time and again...

Vicious... I posted this on another topic but I talked to a player on the team, they haven't seen the new jerseys but said he has heard the away unis will be very different and that the # style for all jerseys will be different. I hope they stick with some kinda block numbers at least.

yeah, i hope so too. its hard to imagine the aways different. it makes me very nervous as to what they have in mind. just keep it simple. i think arkansas unis look very good, and i know thy use nike. if they bring in a dumb number font, like the ravens, or something, i might strangle somebody.

i wouldnt mind it at all if we had arkansas style jerseys with just yellow pants. and if they throw in a yellow jersey as like an alt, i WILL strangle somebody.

Picture21.png

... I posted this on another topic but I talked to a player on the team, they haven't seen the new jerseys but said he has heard the away unis will be very different and that the # style for all jerseys will be different. I hope they stick with some kinda block numbers at least.

Michigan grad/fan here. I really doubt the uniforms will be to different. The home blue has been classic for years and I am sure will look similar to before. I am up for a road uniform change. Either way, I can't see anything changing to radically. I hear we should see something in May.

they do, but the swoosh is subtle, and looks a lot better then three bars with adidas below it. it wouldnt be so bad if they left the wordmark out.

plus, Nike doesnt have nasty stripes down the sleeves.

True enough. I'm no fan of the swoosh, but it's much less obtrusive than the three stripes.

I even prefer it to the Reebok vector - I'd like to see Nike back in the NFL.

although, i do think that its weird that they are using old nike aparrel, and the coaches are outfitted with it too. they are even wearing nikes on their feet.

check out the photo gallery:

http://mgoblue.com/football/page.aspx?id=12116#

odd, youd think that they would have given them practice gear already.

If this is similar to the situation A&M had from switching from Nike to Adidas, the Nike contract runs through the end of the school year. So the team still has to sport Nike stuff even though they will be wearing Adidas in the fall

I have always like the Adidas three stripes design for long sleeve shirts, pull-overs, etc... but the three stripes look really weird on short sleeve shirts. I don't find anything wrong with the pull-over or the track jacket from that link but the short sleeve shirt on the right isn't the nicest. I do believe that Adidas is a step above Nike

So, did adidas run out of stuff to :censored: up in the NBA already? The warm-ups, the 2008 All-Star jerseys, the logo-creep replicas... I honestly feel your pain on those garbage shirts with stripes where they don't belong. I'd take a shirt with the adidas logo nice and centered, but stripes from the shoulder to the cuff are absolutely ridiculous.

although, i do think that its weird that they are using old nike aparrel, and the coaches are outfitted with it too. they are even wearing nikes on their feet.

some of the players have at least the adidas cleats already... my friend being one of them. he said they aren't bad and when summer starts they are suppose to be switching to full adidas.

i am not a fan of the maize alt uni either however i love the ones that nike has made like that. i have 2 versions. i like the way they look just couldnt see them actually wearing them on the field... i think that would look odd. heard rumors they may go with white pants for the away jerseys like they did for a bit back when Bo was coaching. the more i hear about the new staff from my friend i think this is a possibility... he says they REALLY like to compare themselves to the Bo era coaching staff.

who the hell is gonna start at quarterback? Since Mallett left and Pryor chose OSU, they seem completely screwed.

well, they have steven threet, who will most likely start. then there is Nick Sheridan and David Cone, who have seen little to no playing time.

there is also talk of having Carlos Brown, who played QB in high school, or WR Junior Hemmingway in at QB, but prolly just for a package or something.

heard rumors they may go with white pants for the away jerseys like they did for a bit back when Bo was coaching. the more i hear about the new staff from my friend i think this is a possibility... he says they REALLY like to compare themselves to the Bo era coaching staff.

that would be interesting. i love the maize pants though.

and comparing themselves to the Bo era is pretty bold.

Picture21.png

who the hell is gonna start at quarterback? Since Mallett left and Pryor chose OSU, they seem completely screwed.

well, they have steven threet, who will most likely start. then there is Nick Sheridan and David Cone, who have seen little to no playing time.

there is also talk of having Carlos Brown, who played QB in high school, or WR Junior Hemmingway in at QB, but prolly just for a package or something.

heard rumors they may go with white pants for the away jerseys like they did for a bit back when Bo was coaching. the more i hear about the new staff from my friend i think this is a possibility... he says they REALLY like to compare themselves to the Bo era coaching staff.

that would be interesting. i love the maize pants though.

and comparing themselves to the Bo era is pretty bold.

My buddy is a WR he said he has been doing well in practices so I asked him about the QBs he said they are all doing really well right now but Threet and Sheridian were the two he talked about most.

I think the comparisons to Bo are coming from the fact they are working them much harder than the Carr staff and they keep hammering home "those who stay will be champions" sounded like that is their renewed motto for the team.

I love the maize pants too... its my favorite color. I think the white would be interesting just for the away jerseys. I doubt anything changed with the helmets but I hope to god they don't bring back the gray facemasks! :P

my guess is (like the Aggie fan a few posts up) that the full contract won't kick in until the summer, or maybe the spring game. When I was covering the Ducks for the student paper last spring, the coaches had their new-season wear out for the spring game, but not before it.

actually, completely tangential thought: I wonder if the terms of contracts with sporting goods suppliers and public universities would fall under public records laws...hmm. I certainly wouldn't mind poking around a contract or two just for the giggles of it, at the least, even if it didn't turn up anything.

harperdc.gif

Well Michigan's signature is their helmet, which is navy with three yellow stripes on the back. I don't think that navy gear with three yellow stripes is all that horrible.

The only reason that people think that the swoosh is better is because it's become so ubiquitous that you don't even notice it anymore.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As an Ohio State fan, let me just say....hahahahaha! Sucks for Michigan fans. Now Ohio state has better football and apparel.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Archived