Anaheim Ducks Concept

elliott

Hi again, I'm back with another hockey concept, this time it's the Ducks.

I wanted to bring back the purple and teals for a couple of reasons.

1. It's unique. No one else has a purple jersey.

2. The black and gold seems to blend in with the other teams to me, although I like their current jerseys (and own one) I feel that there are too many teams wearing black.

Although you may immediately think Mighty Ducks when you here teal+purple, I feel like a modern jersey design coupled with the new logo package can make you think otherwise. So without further ado, here is essentially a Ducks combination of eras. Kind of like my last Thrashers concept.

I feel like the striping came out well, I personally like how it goes into the pants on all three jerseys. But - I'm not too sure about the recolored logos, or the numbers, although I felt like a nontraditional font was necessary.

I hope you like them.

DucksEraBlendConcept.gif

C+C

I gotta be honest here: I don't like it. I like the bringing back of the green/purple but I don't like how it's been done.

1. The colors seem too dark. This concept doesn't really have anything "fresh;" i.e. to lighten it up. The colors could be vibrant and nice, but now they're just boring and it gives a bad vibe to the concept.

2. The uni design is uninspired, and I'm mostly referring to the first two. It's just (basically) your default Edgified template with curvy piping and panels. It's not a terrible design but that design doesn't appeal to me at all and lacks creativity.

3. Those logos don't work with the uni. I'm not a fan of the current logos, especially the D, which doesn't work here at all. It looks kind of slapped on as an afterthought and I don't like the grey. The logo looks especially out of place on the white away. In addition, the only logo for the concept is the D/wordmark. There really isn't anything graphic which would add a lot.

4. The font is just awful. especially on the names, but overall this has got to go.

However, there is one thing I do like. The alternate/2nd away. I think this design is much more interesting and works much better. IMO, this should be the main design of the home and away and should be tried in other colors. One suggestion: Make the sleeve ends a different color from green.

Don't get me wrong; this isn't a bad concept and it is very clean. I just think it could be vastly better and your other stuff recently has been better.

Bringing back the purple and teal is a fabulous start, even know it may evoke Disney into viewers' heads. The "D" logo is very good, they are fools for not using this to begin with. This concept however reminds me of a lacrosse, or a roller hockey jersey, I'd go a bit more traditional like your 3rd jersey, and maybe add more teal or silver to contrast because that is a helluva lot of purple.

rob66.png

I gotta be honest here: I don't like it. I like the bringing back of the green/purple but I don't like how it's been done.

1. The colors seem too dark. This concept doesn't really have anything "fresh;" i.e. to lighten it up. The colors could be vibrant and nice, but now they're just boring and it gives a bad vibe to the concept.

2. The uni design is uninspired, and I'm mostly referring to the first two. It's just (basically) your default Edgified template with curvy piping and panels. It's not a terrible design but that design doesn't appeal to me at all and lacks creativity.

3. Those logos don't work with the uni. I'm not a fan of the current logos, especially the D, which doesn't work here at all. It looks kind of slapped on as an afterthought and I don't like the grey. The logo looks especially out of place on the white away. In addition, the only logo for the concept is the D/wordmark. There really isn't anything graphic which would add a lot.

4. The font is just awful. especially on the names, but overall this has got to go.

However, there is one thing I do like. The alternate/2nd away. I think this design is much more interesting and works much better. IMO, this should be the main design of the home and away and should be tried in other colors. One suggestion: Make the sleeve ends a different color from green.

Don't get me wrong; this isn't a bad concept and it is very clean. I just think it could be vastly better and your other stuff recently has been better.

Thanks for your honest comments here. I pretty much understand everything you are saying. And I especially hear you on the font/nameplate.

Not to argumentative to C+C, which I hate, but I did want to say that I disagree with you about the actual jersey design. Although it may look somewhat similar to the all star template, it is actually different when you consider the purple underarm panels, especially on the white jersey. I personally thought it was pretty creative. To each his own in that respect, I guess.

So I think the reason the colors don't pop is the lack of white. I'm gonna make some changes if I can actually get on the

computer for an extended period of time. I'm sorta grounded. :unsure:

Ok theres good and bad things about this concept, 1. I really really really dont like the old Anaheim colors its too 90's-ish(in my books 90's -ish is bad), 2. The home and away jerseys look kinda like you just filled in spots surrounded by the stiching, 3. I really like the Alternate Jersey, very nice design.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

I have long been a hater of the color teal in sports uniforms. However, if any team should have teal as a color, it should be a team called the Ducks since a teal is a type of duck. It would be appropriate.

So I look at this concept with less-jaded eyes, and I like what I see. Very good job. This would work well for Anaheim.

I like 'em! I really miss the teal/purple. It never did scream "Disney" when they wore those colors...but this, on the other hand, does scream Disney:

jersey2ci9.jpg

I totally need one of those original green Ducks uni's.

Good work on intertwining the past with the present!

35187800ud6.png

I really wonder what it would look like if every piece of silver was replaced by vegas gold (or even a Sants-ish bronze.) I like the silver, and maybe if done in "sparkly" material it would look great on an actual jersey, but it makes the whole thing kind of boring to me. I think the gold gives you another "duck" color, and would work well with the purple and teal.

Or I could be wrong and it would suck.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As a Ducks fan, this looks beautiful. But, I honestly think the logo's colors need to be looked over again. It just looks to bland and faded. And the numbers and font should be re-thought. The color contrast between them just seems out of place. The overall design has potential, but I think there are a few flaws that need to be worked out.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

• 3 weeks later...

Archived