I hope the MLB on FOX adopts the NFL on FOX look this time

TrueYankee26

Getting back to topic, does it piss anyone else off that the score bar is like 2 inches from the top of the screen? Why do they have to put it so damn low, causing it to cut off the top of everyone's head, when they could just have it up against the top of the screen, giving us a way bigger view?

I'll take a guess and assume the majority of people (like me) still don't have a flat-panel television and have CRTs at home. If the score bar was at the top of the screen, then the score bar would be cut off for the people who have CRTs.

I saw, I came, I left.

I seem to be in the minority - I don't like the new Fox Box for baseball, and I didn['t like it for football - just too small, and I'm not going spend $5,000 just to be able to read the score.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Getting back to topic, does it piss anyone else off that the score bar is like 2 inches from the top of the screen? Why do they have to put it so damn low, causing it to cut off the top of everyone's head, when they could just have it up against the top of the screen, giving us a way bigger view?

I agree.

Also, If my memory serves me correctly, I remember some station putting their scoreboard at the very bottom of the screen. Does anyone know who/when that was?

NBC - 2006-Present

I'll take a guess and assume the majority of people (like me) still don't have a flat-panel television and have CRTs at home. If the score bar was at the top of the screen, then the score bar would be cut off for the people who have CRTs.

Yep. It's not so much an issue on newer CRTs made in the last 10-15 years or so, but some of the older ones really cut off the borders around the screen so they have to move things away from the edge. This should only be an issue for a few more years.

It would be nice of all the channels could do something like ESPNEWS does now where they have a completely separate set of graphics for HD (right to the edge of the screen).

I seem to be in the minority - I don't like the new Fox Box for baseball, and I didn['t like it for football - just too small, and I'm not going spend $5,000 just to be able to read the score.

Who is asking you to do that? If you're talking about the cost of an HDTV, cut off one of those zeros and you get the price I paid for my 37" LCD. All things considered, it was a pretty good purchase and included a digital tuner so I get the network HD feeds for free. Not bad.

On topic, I agree with you: I don't like the new Fox Box. But for what it's worth, I've never liked the bar ever. I much prefer the simplicity of the corner box. Not only does it tell you what you need to know in a compact space, but it also leaves the majority of the screen open to see the actual sport you tuned into see. I get the branding aspect, but I also enjoy the elegance on not seeing a bunch of :censored: on my tv.

Remember when the score was only displayed at the end of innings and at random times during other games? That wasn't so bad.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I agree.

Also, If my memory serves me correctly, I remember some station putting their scoreboard at the very bottom of the screen. Does anyone know who/when that was?

NBC - 2006-Present

Yeah, Super Bowl XL had a bottom scoreboard. Also ESPN MNF. It's not all that uncommon.

Who is asking you to do that? If you're talking about the cost of an HDTV, cut off one of those zeros and you get the price I paid for my 37" LCD. All things considered, it was a pretty good purchase and included a digital tuner so I get the network HD feeds for free. Not bad.

On topic, I agree with you: I don't like the new Fox Box. But for what it's worth, I've never liked the bar ever. I much prefer the simplicity of the corner box. Not only does it tell you what you need to know in a compact space, but it also leaves the majority of the screen open to see the actual sport you tuned into see. I get the branding aspect, but I also enjoy the elegance on not seeing a bunch of :censored: on my tv.

Remember when the score was only displayed at the end of innings and at random times during other games? That wasn't so bad.

Not baseball, but I remember when the CBC tried going to a continuous score bug. IIRC, they got a lot of complaints so the next week they went to where it was only on screen for the entire stoppage between plays. After a while, they finally went full-time with it. If you watch some old HNIC broadcasts, sometimes you would would go a long time without knowing how much time was left, what the score was or how long a power-play was going to last. I kind of miss those days.

While I'm glad their MLB coverage went to the new look, they really need to find a way to keep the count on the screen the whole time...unless that was only a problem on the Mets/Braves game.

At least Fox was giving the viewer enough of the benefit of the doubt to know that there's no need to display the count on the first pitch of the game. At other points, the count is there ...

2393096840_74398e8bf2_b.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

But if this is the case, then why don't they have a problem on ESPN or news channels with the bottom-of-the-screen crawls, or like someone else said the NBC score bar, which is at the bottom?

But if this is the case, then why don't they have a problem on ESPN or news channels with the bottom-of-the-screen crawls, or like someone else said the NBC score bar, which is at the bottom?

Hey, I said it was a guess. I don't have a flat-panel TV, so I don't know if that happens at the bottom as well.

I saw, I came, I left.

At least Fox was giving the viewer enough of the benefit of the doubt to know that there's no need to display the count on the first pitch of the game. At other points, the count is there ...

I spy with my little eyes, an error ;)

IeHVybT.png

Haha that's pretty funny.

Haha that's pretty funny.

I'll take him over Willie any day!!!

Archived