Titletown, USA

DDR

Supreme Sports Being ESPN is running one of their bull:censored: fan voting pseudo-stories about the moniker Titletown, USA. It might not be Green Bay anymore after the issue gets SportsCenterized. For the life of me, I can't figure out why ESPN just can't cover sports and has to subject its viewers to "Who's Now?" and "The Ultimate Highlight!"

The story.

Supreme Sports Being ESPN is running one of their bull:censored: fan voting pseudo-stories about the moniker Titletown, USA. It might not be Green Bay anymore after the issue gets SportsCenterized. For the life of me, I can't figure out why ESPN just can't cover sports and has to subject its viewers to "Who's Now?" and "The Ultimate Highlight!"

The story.

Because it is sports entertainment (which is in their name) and it gets people like you talking about it and sharing it on messege boards.

The story.

Considering who is running it, I predict Boston will win in a huge landslide. :rolleyes:

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Who died and deemed ESPN the be all, end all of sports? You're a sports network (and a sh**ty one at that now)! Give it a rest and stop revising history and names to reflect that the universe revolves around Boston and New York....

What will the next thing be for ESPN?

Hockeytown.....in Detroit....oh no no.....not anymore...We here at ESPN say its Boston....Why? Because it's Boston, damn it...and we're ESPN....and what we says...goes...

I wish ESPN would just go away....Either gain that journalistic integrity back...or just go away.....

ESPN stands for Entertainment and Sports Programming Network.

Stop taking them so seriously like they are the only sports outlet. They are just providing entertainment with their sports. With a name like ESPN, who knew?

Stop taking them so seriously like they are the only sports outlet. They are just providing entertainment with their sports. With a name like ESPN, who knew?

They have an effective monopoly on sports broadcasting. FSN, and Comcast both pale in their national broadcasting capabilities.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

They have an effective monopoly on sports broadcasting. FSN, and Comcast both pale in their national broadcasting capabilities.

Do you know why? Because people watch them. Don't like it? Well, change the channel. I don't like the article either but I know why they wrote it. For entertainment purposes. They are still good at what they do. Problem is not many people seem to know what they do. That is what I am trying to point out.

That's probably because FSN and Comcast have regionalized stations, which is a different approach than ESPN.

I saw, I came, I left.

Do you know why? Because people watch them. Don't like it? Well, change the channel. I don't like the article either but I know why they wrote it. For entertainment purposes. They are still good at what they do. Problem is not many people seem to know what they do. That is what I am trying to point out.

Actually I think it is more related to some deep seated personal insecurities about their favorite teams, and the constant need for affirmation that said teams are the best.

Today, we are all otaku.

Actually I think it is more related to some deep seated personal insecurities about their favorite teams, and the constant need for affirmation that said teams are the best.

BINGO!!

ESPN is a shell of it's former self....It once was a GREAT network....but over time, it's just become the sports version of TMZ on TV....I honestly believe we will see a day where the opening of SportsCenter will be something along the lines of:

"Red Wings win Stanley Cup....Jeff Gordon reveals he's on HGH.....and LeBron wants to be traded........

....All this coming up on SportsCenter......But our lead story tonight.....

.....Big Papi has a ham sandwich......We go right out to to Fenway for all the details on this breaking story"

Nevermind.

ESPN hatred pisses me off. Oh no, how dare they like Boston and New York.

Those teams are the ones who have been winning championships.

OK, as a Boston fan...and bearing in mind how the typical Boston fan made a living until six years ago of playing the "woe is us, our teams have sucked for decades" card, should Boston be called "Titletown?"

Today, we are all otaku.

Nevermind.

Those teams are the ones who have been winning championships.

OK, as a Boston fan...and bearing in mind how the typical Boston fan made a living until six years ago of playing the "woe is us, our teams have sucked for decades" card, should Boston be called "Titletown?"

I don't care if it wins an online competition to be called Titletown. I do care that they have been winning these titles. That's all that matters.

(And I'm sick of people crying that ESPN plays favorites. They really don't very much.)

And what does that question have to do with anything?

Note the allegeances of those in support of ESPN.....Boston fans....imagine that... :shocked:

Saw this one coming. :hockeysmiley:

I don't support them necessarily. They are far from perfect and include way too much fluff when doing when they call "reporting." I just don't think they're as evil and biased as everyone makes them out to be.

(BTW Chris, the smilies are messed up)

Who died and deemed ESPN the be all, end all of sports? You're a sports network (and a sh**ty one at that now)! Give it a rest and stop revising history and names to reflect that the universe revolves around Boston and New York....

What will the next thing be for ESPN?

Hockeytown.....in Detroit....oh no no.....not anymore...We here at ESPN say its Boston....Why? Because it's Boston, damn it...and we're ESPN....and what we says...goes...

Too late on Hockeytown. SI already did an article about it. According to the magazine, Hockeytown is now the Twin Cities.

My hatred of ESPN has absolutely nothing to do with the network's love of all things Boston. I hate the way they have "pop cultured" sports. I don't care if they show nothing but Red Sox - Yankees. The games they show aren't the issue. It's all the other garbage.

This is the what makes me hate them: fake press conferences, calling every team that wins a title the "greatest ever", Stu Scott's poetry slam, The Barry Bonds reality show, what they've done to Bill "Sports Puss" Simmons (once a great writer now just another ESPN hack), their constantly growing NFL Countdown show (they had to build a second :censored:-ing set to hold everyone), Chris Berman, the way they fawn over criminals, and most of all, their self-absorption. For everyone who works at ESPN, the biggest story at ESPN is ESPN. They spend 90% of their time covering themselves.

Finally, for Gingerbreadmann, dude it doesn't take a :censored:-ing psychic to figure out that Boston fans or a Boston team is at some point going to get bashed by someone on this board when ESPN's name comes up (or in most other threads for that matter.) Saying you "saw it coming" is like predicting that Friday will follow Thursday. Nice call Carnac. :P

BB52Big.jpg

My hatred of ESPN has absolutely nothing to do with the network's love of all things Boston. I hate the way they have "pop cultured" sports. I don't care if they show nothing but Red Sox - Yankees. The games they show aren't the issue. It's all the other garbage.

This is the what makes me hate them: fake press conferences, calling every team that wins a title the "greatest ever", Stu Scott's poetry slam, The Barry Bonds reality show, what they've done to Bill "Sports Puss" Simmons (once a great writer now just another ESPN hack), their constantly growing NFL Countdown show (they had to build a second :censored:-ing set to hold everyone), Chris Berman, the way they fawn over criminals, and most of all, their self-absorption. For everyone who works at ESPN, the biggest story at ESPN is ESPN. They spend 90% of their time covering themselves.

Finally, for Gingerbreadmann, dude it doesn't take a [bleep]-ing psychic to figure out that Boston fans or a Boston team is at some point going to get bashed by someone on this board when ESPN's name comes up (or in most other threads for that matter.) Saying you "saw it coming" is like predicting that Friday will follow Thursday. Nice call Carnac. :P

Well, I never claimed to be Ms. Cleo or anything. I'm just a guy with a brain. :D

Archived