Jazz Concept

HarperK

Best concept I've seen in a long time. I hate their current font. It is too generic for a team with such a cool name. I'm glad you ditched it. I like the UJ you put on the sides of the shorts instead of the JAZZ or UTAH or whatever they have on the shorts now (I dont watch them that much so I forgot what they have). I love the number font you used too. The alternate is an excellent tribute to the past and doesnt infringe on the hornets since they dont emphasize their purple.

Bottom line.... they need to adopt these ASAP.

You might want to consider incorporating more green in the alt if you're going that direction, because from a distance, it looks quite Laker-ish. The home and away look great, but my one complaint with the Jazz is that the have purple as a color but don't utilize it. Maybe attempt to use it for the inner stroke of the wordmark and in the piping.

My one real complaint in this is that I have never been fond of alternate jerseys that are too far removed, color or style wise, from the main identity, like the Kings, Mavericks, Celtics (black numbers/lettering), Wizards, and any other team I've forgotten.

VmWIn6B.png

This is very solid. There are still problems with it, but it is solid. Is that the Angels' number font? I think it is, and I think you could do better than that with a more unique font. I love the simplicity of the uniforms, and the overall design does not need to change, it is great. I also love the semi-complex wordmark paired with the one-color numbers, it just looks very clean. My real problem comes when the alt is introduced. If you want to go Purple/Green?Yellow then go there. If you want to stay with their current colors, then stay there. You can't have a foot in each pond IMO. I think an alt should stay with the teams color scheme, and a throwback is the only way to have old colors shown. I would suggest making a light blue alt like they have, but make it a little different than the beautiful homes and roads you have created, orrrrrr switch up the colors to allow you to do what you have done...aka a white home, a green away, and the purple alt. Great job, but I think you have to decide on a color scheme.

very very nice, but i agree with eRay that u are straddling the fence with colors. either make all of em the old colors or all of em the new colors...i love the home and away tho, i always thought they should stick with the JAZZ wordmark with that nice font. and yea, like someone said, it'd be cool to see a UTAH in that style.

very very nice, but i agree with eRay that u are straddling the fence with colors. either make all of em the old colors or all of em the new colors...i love the home and away tho, i always thought they should stick with the JAZZ wordmark with that nice font. and yea, like someone said, it'd be cool to see a UTAH in that style.

Why should he? The Mavs have an alt in the old colors, and they look okay.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Not really. It looks outta place and not really good at all. Besides, it's not EXACTLY like their current set. The side panels are modern, but the wordmark and number placement is retro. And the numeral font is just, different. And not in a good way. It's a perfect example of WHY these should look more like a throwback.

Not really. It looks outta place and not really good at all. Besides, it's not EXACTLY like their current set. The side panels are modern, but the wordmark and number placement is retro. And the numeral font is just, different. And not in a good way. It's a perfect example of WHY these should look more like a throwback.

Diff'rent strokes, I guess. I adore the Mavs alternate, if only because they're one of the very few actually "alternate" uniforms.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Its BEAUTFUL. They only thing I would change is the wordmark on the Road jerseys. I'd make it say Utah.

Also about the alternate. Most times, an alternate jersey uses the current color scheme of the team. But for instance, last year the Vancouver Canucks had the Blue & Green alternate jersey.

There is not very many exceptions but there is some and I think that yours would be the PERFECT exception!

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

The. Alternate colorway is great. Excellent job on this.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Diff'rent strokes, I guess. I adore the Mavs alternate, if only because they're one of the very few actually "alternate" uniforms.

Exactly. I think some of the worst alternates in the league are the ones that are simple "lets-make-the-secondary-color-the-primary-color". It looks way too forced and unneccessary for some teams, like the Sonics, Pistons, Nets, Warriors, etc. Those teams alternates would look way better if they either used aa different script, or used some additional features, or SOMETHING different than just a recolor

Exactly. I think some of the worst alternates in the league are the ones that are simple "lets-make-the-secondary-color-the-primary-color". It looks way too forced and unneccessary for some teams, like the Sonics, Pistons, Nets, Warriors, etc. Those teams alternates would look way better if they either used aa different script, or used some additional features, or SOMETHING different than just a recolor

Some of the teams you are talking about I would have to agree with. I think the best options for a team like the Sonics would be:

1.Try a white alternate that has a totally different design than your home jersey.

2. Do the same with a green jersey. Make the alternate stand out.

3. Don't have an alternate. There is no rule saying you have to, so just don't force it.

The teams that feel forced need to rethink their alternates and possbily eliminate them. Jersey sales aside, there is no real positive to having an alternate.

GOOD:

- The font on the chest

- The back-neck logo

- The numbers are good, but no better or worse than their current ones

BAD:

- Neck & arm holes. I like their current neck design

- Not a big fan of the rigid piping. Especially the design on the shorts.

- Alternate jersey. My favorite jersey of their current set is their alternate. Great & unique NBA color.

ujsignature.png

Ok thanks for all of the feedback, i suppose i should reply back to maybe explain my concept a little bit.

With the number/letter font i knew i had to change something. IMO it is the single most boring set in the NBA. The actual jersey style/template(everything besides the fonts) wouldn't be horrible if they could just come up with something a little more unique. I went with the current stylish version of the "Jazz" wordmark and added some of the older characteristics to it(the motion streaks/lines). With the numbers really needing a change, i ended up using the the MLB Angels font and condensed it a bit. Yeah, in a perfect world i would have designed a very similar but original font, but i think what i used got my idea through just fine.

With the Alt, i was on the fence about the purple/yellow/green scheme. Part of my wanted to just do the light blue version, but figured id go with something different. I cant say i love it, but i think it could have potential.

Also, yes, i would love to have a "Utah" version of the "Jazz" flying wordmark, but unfortunately it'd take me a long time to recreate that.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Archived