Barclays Premier League

heernumurr

Ok, games will be kicking off pretty soon, so where are the predictions?

As much as it pains me, Man U will take the title on goal difference. If that is the case, hopefully Villa will grab the UEFA Cup spot off Everton, and I can see it happening (three points behind, level on goal difference.)

And as for the relegation battle, please dear lord please, just relegate Fulham. You know its the right thing to do.

Watching Chelsea-Bolton right now. John Terry got carted off a few minutes ago after a collision with his goalie Petr Cech, and the early report is a broken arm, which would put him out of the Champions' League final. It also probably just put any chance of the Blues catching ManU for the Premiership title in the toilet WC.

Update: The Chelsea-Bolton play-by-play guy just reported that Cristiano Ronaldo has scored for ManU.

I guess I might as well start making my championship sig for the Red Devils now.

CCSLC signature.png

A ray of hope for Chelsea, at least for the Champions' League: They have updated Terry's condition to a partially dislocated arm instead of a break.

No change in the score vs. Bolton, or in ManU's game either.

Update: Shevchenko finishes beautifully to put the Blues up 1-0, so they cling to life in the EPL as well.

CCSLC signature.png

Chelski scores in the 62nd Minute.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Giggs scores for ManU, which more or less seals the deal for them.

Update: To add further insult, Bolton scores in stoppage time. The match ends 1-1, meaning ManU wins the title outright instead of on goal differential.

And to add injury to that insult, Didier Drogba has also been injured for Chelsea and he might miss the CL final.

engmanueplchampszl6.png

CCSLC signature.png

Yay....the boys have done it again and the trophy stays home for another year.Id like to personally thank Kevin Davies of Bolton for putting the whole goal differential debate to bed at the same time.A very exciting season none the less....now on to Moscow to complete the double

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

Manchester United supporters (Apart from leopard88 and DEAD!, they're Kosher) can rot and die. Bandwagoning numpties*

As for the relegation battle, Fulhamerica stay up, huzzah!

*Say what you want about me, at least I was supporting Arsenal when George Graham was manager.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Meanwhile at the other end of the table, Derby County's Premiership stint mercifully ends with eight draws, 29 losses, and a solitary victory (vs. Newcastle United, for the record) in 38 games. If I were a Miami Dolphins fan, I wouldn't be feeling quite so bad about my team anymore.

As for my side, Arsenal at least finished on a high note by beating Sunderland, to finish two points back of Chelsea in third. A strong end to a season that once held out a lot of promise, until they lost their dominating form at the worst possible time of the season. The Gunners now face an uncertain offseason with Flamini and Lehmann already out the door, and possibly more to follow. On the other hand, Arsene Wenger is insisting that no more Gunners will fly the coop during summer transfers. We shall see.

CCSLC signature.png

I will be the first to start the trash talking. Liverpool will finish at the top in 2008-2009

At this point though, anyone but Man U and the glory hunters would be a victory.

Agreed on both counts, and to think United fans are under the impression people hate Chelsea more these days. I never jumped on that Chelsea hating bandwagon, true sports fans still support "anyone but United". :P

Personally, I'm on the "screw the big four" bandwagon. That and the "support your local club" campaign, but that's mostly for US folks.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Manchester United supporters (Apart from leopard88 and DEAD!, they're Kosher) can rot and die. Bandwagoning numpties*

As for the relegation battle, Fulhamerica stay up, huzzah!

*Say what you want about me, at least I was supporting Arsenal when George Graham was manager.

Here's hoping that Fulham returns to its traditional midtable mediocrity! Huzzah!

Frankly, I can't wait for the big 4 to bugger off and form their own supergalactic league where they can beat each other up and devour Rupert Murdoch's Sky Sports $$$$. Then maybe the PL would be something worth watching. The only drama anymore is seeing what Championship team can eke out PL survival by the skin of their teeth (with inevitable relegation looming in year #2 - see Reading. Then begins the yo-yo dance perfected by WBA. Up, down, up, down. Thrilling!)

Personally, I'm on the "screw the big four" bandwagon. That and the "support your local club" campaign, but that's mostly for US folks.

I'm with you on the local club campaign. I just moved to Portland and have seen three of the Portland Timbers' first five games. It's been a lot of fun to have a local team to support, even in a lower division.

But I can't buy into the "screw the big four" mentality out there. Obviously, that's because I'm an Arsenal fan. But I became an Arsenal fan after watching them on their way to the Champions League final a few years ago. Call me a bandwagoner, but I think many American fans gravitate toward the big four because they're the teams most commonly televised on major networks.

Top flight football finally makes its way to Hull next year, but only for next year as Hull City will challenge Derby's futility record in the prem. That is of course assuming that Hull can make it past Bristol first (I just don't see Palace equalizing).

I also think West Brom stays up but Stoke, Hull, and Sunderland will get the drop next year. Which means that Wigan will have held on for at least five years who would have guessed that?

Top flight football finally makes its way to Hull next year, but only for next year as Hull City will challenge Derby's for futility record in the prem. That is of course assuming that Hull can make it past Bristol first (I just don't see Palace equalizing).

I also think West Brom stays up but Stoke, Hull, and Sunderland will get the drop next year. Which means that Wigan will have held on for at least five years who would have guessed that?

Stoke City and Hull City are neck and neck in challenging the Derby County flail-about points spree. It's gonna be brutal.

Is anyone on god's green earth looking forward to a midseason Boro/Stoke matchup??? Zzzzzzz.

I'm with you on the local club campaign. I just moved to Portland and have seen three of the Portland Timbers' first five games. It's been a lot of fun to have a local team to support, even in a lower division.

Threadjack in progress!

I now have to call you a traitor... and even worse, a dirty stinkin' hippie. :P

Have you been taking in the atmosphere of the TA end?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived