The Day the Music Died

charger77

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And it looks like I care? What are you going to do, send one of Don Cherry's bad jackets on me? Ooooh I'm so scared! And according to Lisa Simpson, "Vampires are make-believe, like elves, gremlins, and eskimos." So as someone once said, "Try again." :P

No, actually, we've already sent the worst weapon of mass destruction: Celine Dion. The song sounds 60's is because it was composed in the 60's.

I saw, I came, I left.

And it looks like I care? What are you going to do, send one of Don Cherry's bad jackets on me? Ooooh I'm so scared! And according to Lisa Simpson, "Vampires are make-believe, like elves, gremlins, and eskimos." So as someone once said, "Try again." :P

No, actually, we've already sent the worst weapon of mass destruction: Celine Dion. The song sounds 60's is because it was composed in the 60's.

oh really? i thought canada's worst WMD was Bryan Adams? I hear though that the canadian gov't has appologized about that on several occasions.

oh course ours are Wal-Mart, Microsoft and Disney. One could argue that Microsoft and McDonalds can be used interchangably.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Talks break down.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/sto...tory/Front/home

Get your contest entries ready.

The Hockey Night in Canada theme song, considered by many as this country's “second anthem,” has been silenced after talks between its creator and the CBC broke down late Friday afternoon.

Kevin Kemp, a lawyer representing composer Dolores Claman, said the broadcaster stopped the process: “We asked for a meeting to continue negotiations,” he said. “They weren't prepared to agree to that.”

Just a few hours later, the CBC put out a statement saying that the broadcaster was “saddened” that it couldn't reach a deal, and formally announcing a competition for a new theme song. The winner will receive $100,000.

This sucks. It really bothers me that something so iconic is never going to be played again.

If CBC doesn't care about their products, then they should drop Hockey like they have dropped the Olympics. They owe it to us to deliver us a product we want and when they don't they shouldn't be allowed to handle it at all. They still have the whole summer to get their heads out of their ass and re-negotiate. If they don't bring it back... I will not be a happy person when the puck is dropped in October...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

According to TheStar.com and the Fan590, they have brought in a mediator to try and help the two sides come to an agreement. They claim this is because of the public out-cries and it convinced them to give it another go.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Will they keep "Hello Canada, and hockey fans in the United States and Newfoundland."?

They will probably get Nickleback to re-record it or something. They don't own the CBC's versions of the song, they just own the notes to the song and can redo it however they want. Maybe Slash will do it on his guitar.

Ugh, I don't like this at all.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=240196&amp...s=topStory_main

CTV bought the rights... I totally just got sick...

Nice -- CBC blew it big time... again

First they lost the Olympics, then they lost the Grey Cup, now a big part of their HNIC broadcast. Gotta love Crown companies! I hope whoever was in charge during this time gets axed!!

HEADS SHALL ROLL!!!!!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Archived