The Day the Music Died

charger77

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love tradition and all, but seeing how some of these guys are clinging to and fighting over a jingle in that site's comments is absurd.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Dammit and I missed the opining theme song last night. Probably be the last time i hear it...

I had a strange feeling about this when they play the other song while showing the credits.

Imo, it doesn't work for HNIC.

HNIC will not be the same. *tears*

For some reason I still blame GB lol.

4kv29i.jpg

Reminds me of when the MNF theme got ESPNized, or when the NBA on NBC theme got deleted altogether. Even the final MLB on NBC theme, and I wasn't even alive to see it! I still say that NBC should use that theme music when they televise those sports in the Olympics (even though idk if baseball is an olympic sport anymore.).

That said, I can definitely understand why people are getting pissed about this. If you've grown up and gotten used to a jingle as good as that, you will be mad if someone changes it.

Actually, that version I don't think I'll miss. :P

There's got to be a better, older version somewhere.

edit: Here's another version without the effects.

http://www.televisiontunes.com/CBC_-_Hocke...da_(1980s).html

Ah, that's better. I posted the first one that came up. Didn't think to look around the site for the original version.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Wow! That thing sounds so 60's-70's and listening to makes me wonder if everyone in Canada is wearing bell bottom pants. I don't care how many years that's been playing, that is just horrible!

Wow! That thing sounds so 60's-70's and listening to makes me wonder if everyone in Canada is wearing bell bottom pants. I don't care how many years that's been playing, that is just horrible!

You have just offended the entire nation of Canada. Prime Minister Lanny McSrup-pointypants has just send the Canadian Military after you. Keep an eye open for Eskimos and Polar Bears with hockey sticks.

Hi, how are you?

And it looks like I care? What are you going to do, send one of Don Cherry's bad jackets on me? Ooooh I'm so scared! And according to Lisa Simpson, "Vampires are make-believe, like elves, gremlins, and eskimos." So as someone once said, "Try again." :P

Archived