Admitted steroid dealer to NFL players found murdered

Viper

[David] Jacobs was sentenced to three years of probation and fined $25,000 on May 1 after pleading guilty last year in federal court in Dallas to conspiring to possess with intent to distribute anabolic steroids.

According to ESPN the Magazine senior writer Shaun Assael, who had been in contact with Jacobs throughout May, Jacobs was reticent and nervous about the information he had and the people it implicated.

When explaining why he did not want to go public, Jacobs said: "The kinds of people I know about could put a bullet in the back of my head."

And apparently, one of them did.

I have a very bad feeling that whoever did this is connected to one or more of the players named by Jacobs. If that's the case, Roger Goodell may be facing a situation that ends up dwarfing all the other troubles he's had to deal with as commissioner, especially if any of those players are still active in the league.

CCSLC signature.png

This is no big deal. No need to be concerned. It will all be fine. I'm sure that if any players actually were involved it can all be taken care of with an apology and anger management classes. Unless of course those players are special teamers or low on the depth chart. Those guys might get put on probation or something. Remember, this is the NFL. If you can play you can do whatever you want.

On the off chance that players were involved, get ready for the never ending stream of "we're not doing anything until all the facts are known" bull- :censored:. I hope the NFL and the players are in the clear on this but I also wouldn't be a bit surprised by anything at this point.

BB52Big.jpg

The Smartest man in all of this:

Paul Tagliabue

He got out just in time

But did he? The NFL has a handful of players suspended ever year for performance enhancing drugs. Wasn't it under Tagliabue that all of those Panthers got busted?

Infrared is right. The NFL is prized child of sports media that simply can't have its star diminished. Congress can hold testimonies making Bud Selig look like a fool, but the NFL is simply ignored. There can be several big stories about how pro wrestlers are all blown up on steroids, but the fact that the average life on an NFL player is in the mid-50's is mostly ignored. Sure, we all got outraged at Michael Vick for drowning dogs, or Sean Taylor getting shot up at his home, or Ray Lewis shooting people, or Rae Carruth arranging his wife's assassination, or Fred Lane being shot by his wife, or Jamal Lewis going to jail for selling drugs, or Mark Chumra having sex with 15-year-olds, but those stories are never treated as being endemic of the NFL's culture of success and the league's lack of control of its players. Nope. Barry Bonds broke Hank Aaron's record and therefore, MLB is a national disgrace. The NFL's defensive rookie of the year is busted for steroids, but still gets elected to the Pro Bowl that year!

The national fawning over the NFL is a total joke, and I'll be excited for the day when they get a little bit more scrutiny on how the league is run.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On the off chance that players were involved, get ready for the never ending stream of "we're not doing anything until all the facts are known" bull- :censored:. I hope the NFL and the players are in the clear on this but I also wouldn't be a bit surprised by anything at this point.

As much as I detest the way he handled the Patriots, Goodell has been coming down hard on personal misconduct. I have no doubt that he would have suspended Ray Lewis, and I have no doubt that if any players were involved here he'll come down hard on them as well.

Perhaps you were thinking of the NBA?

As much as I detest the way he handled the Patriots, Goodell has been coming down hard on personal misconduct. I have no doubt that he would have suspended Ray Lewis, and I have no doubt that if any players were involved here he'll come down hard on them as well.

Perhaps you were thinking of the NBA?

Nope. I'm pretty sure I meant the NFL. Goodell is certainly "tougher" than Tagliabue was on player misconduct but it's still the NFL. Michael Vick will be greeted with a contract as he's walking out the prison gates. Pacman Jones will be getting blow jobs from ESPN as soon as he makes a play in The Cowboys first preseason game. Tank Johnson? All is forgiven as long as he can plug the middle.

If Barry Bonds had played football he'd be on the cover of Madden '09 this season.

BB52Big.jpg

I'm sorry, but I just can't agree with that. There's no evidence for it, and too much against it.

I think you have it backwards - if Barry Bonds had played football, he would actually have been forced to sit out games.

Pacman Jones was suspended for an entire season, despite not having actually been convicted of anything. That's gotta be unprecedented in American major league sports (since Paul Hornung, anyway). Johnson was suspended for eight games - hardly a slap on the wrist.

As far as Vick, do you really think that he will be cleared to play without any suspension when he gets out of jail? I don't think so, and the precedent that Goodell has set strongly suggests otherwise. Sure, an owner might be desperate enough to sign him, but it's hard to make the case that Goodell will let him play without first serving a suspension at least.

here. Enjoy.

I'm sorry, but I just can't agree with that. There's no evidence for it, and too much against it.

I think you have it backwards - if Barry Bonds had played football, he would actually have been forced to sit out games.

Pacman Jones was suspended for an entire season, despite not having actually been convicted of anything. That's gotta be unprecedented in American major league sports (since Paul Hornung, anyway). Johnson was suspended for eight games - hardly a slap on the wrist.

As far as Vick, do you really think that he will be cleared to play without any suspension when he gets out of jail? I don't think so, and the precedent that Goodell has set strongly suggests otherwise. Sure, an owner might be desperate enough to sign him, but it's hard to make the case that Goodell will let him play without first serving a suspension at least.

1. Then I guess we disagree. But let's look at the lack of "evidence." Lawrence Phillips? Christian Peter? Bam Morris? Patrick Bates? Cornelius Bennett? Ryan Tucker? Ray Lewis? Jamaal Lewis? Those are just the guys I got when I did a google search for NFL criminals. I could go on and on. 21% of NFL players have been charged with a "serious" crime. Of that 21%, how many never missed so much as a practice? Darrell Henley was on a work release program in jail while he played for the Rams. If you can find the baseball (or any other sport for that matter) equivalent of these guys then by all means show me I'm wrong.

2. Barry Bonds has been convicted of exactly nothing. He's the all time MLB HR leader. He's the ideal DH. He can't get a job. You're telling me that's somehow better than an 8 game suspension? Face the facts, the league we love so much will let all manner of criminals play as long as they can produce on Sunday. Roger Goodell has the right idea but the owners won't let him run this thing with an iron fist for long. It's all window dressing.

EDIT: For a more comprehensive report on the arrests of NFL players click here. The irony is this list was used by Pacman Jones' attorneys to argue that Pacman's punishment was too harsh. God I love the NFL.

BB52Big.jpg

Now the Dallas County medical examiner is calling Jacobs' death a suicide, and possibly the back half of a murder-suicide.

Tragic though that still is, that gust of wind you may have felt blowing out of NYC was Roger Goodell and other league officials exhaling in relief that this apparently wasn't a hit, and that the NFL hasn't ventured into Sopranos territory just yet.

CCSLC signature.png

Now the Dallas County medical examiner is calling Jacobs' death a suicide, and possibly the back half of a murder-suicide.

Tragic though that still is, that gust of wind you may have felt blowing out of NYC was Roger Goodell and other league officials exhaling in relief that this apparently wasn't a hit, and that the NFL hasn't ventured into Sopranos territory again.

FYP

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Tragic though that still is, that gust of wind you may have felt blowing out of NYC was Roger Goodell and other league officials exhaling in relief that this apparently wasn't a hit, and that the NFL hasn't ventured into Sopranos territory again.

FYP

I always thought Georgia Frontiere had something to do with Rosenbloom

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived