2008-2009 NHL Offseason Thread

Wheelhouse

• Replies 747
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Todd Bertuzzi has been been placed on waivers. If it wasn't for his huge contract I wouldn't mind seeing him come back to Van.

Bertuzzi will never be able to show his face in Vancouver again, period. People really need to get their minds around this concept, since it really isn't hard to figure out.

He still hasn't taken any responsibility for what he did, and quite honestly, he's nowhere near the player that he was when the West Coast Express was a dominant line. He's done. Off to the Sportsnet panel with him.

You people make it sound like Todd Bertuzzi is the only person in sports history to ever do something stupid which resulted in someone else being injured. There have been worse actions taken by players who never get as much publicity as he did for this, and in some situations, what others had done were worse.

Were those 'other actions' done in the heat of the moment, or were they as pre-meditated as Bertuzzi's incident? When people stop being such apologists for the vicious actions of others, then I'll be able to take them seriously.

In the meantime, I'm sure you'd love to see him in a Leafs jersey ;) Gotta replace Tucker somehow, right?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Combine that with Orpik and Hossa wanting ot test the free agency waters, and things just get worse fo rthe penguins. Thats two, possibly four, HUGE peices leaving.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

Todd Bertuzzi has been been placed on waivers. If it wasn't for his huge contract I wouldn't mind seeing him come back to Van.

Bertuzzi will never be able to show his face in Vancouver again, period. People really need to get their minds around this concept, since it really isn't hard to figure out.

He still hasn't taken any responsibility for what he did, and quite honestly, he's nowhere near the player that he was when the West Coast Express was a dominant line. He's done. Off to the Sportsnet panel with him.

You people make it sound like Todd Bertuzzi is the only person in sports history to ever do something stupid which resulted in someone else being injured. There have been worse actions taken by players who never get as much publicity as he did for this, and in some situations, what others had done were worse.

Were those 'other actions' done in the heat of the moment, or were they as pre-meditated as Bertuzzi's incident? When people stop being such apologists for the vicious actions of others, then I'll be able to take them seriously.

In the meantime, I'm sure you'd love to see him in a Leafs jersey ;) Gotta replace Tucker somehow, right?

Jamal Mayers baby!! :D

Just remember Bobby Clarke's infamous slash during the '72 Summit Series...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The Bruins have too much young blood to not do well sometime soon.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

And an owner who refuses to spend a little extra money which prevents his team from doing well.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

The rumour 'round Leaf Land has CuJo signing here on Tuesday to replace Raycroft.

:D

What are the odds.

The rumour round here is that Patty Lalime may come back to replace Emery :P Don't know how I feel about that one yet.

Sources are also telling me that the Oilers are interested in bringing back Grant Fuhr. ^_^

6uXNWAo.png

And an owner who refuses to spend a little extra money which prevents his team from doing well.

True. True. Young blood can only do so much without a strong veteran presence, I think.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

The rumour 'round Leaf Land has CuJo signing here on Tuesday to replace Raycroft.

What are the odds.

The rumour round here is that Patty Lalime may come back to replace Emery :P Don't know how I feel about that one yet.

Sources are also telling me that the Oilers are interested in bringing back Grant Fuhr. ^_^

Johnny Bower is being brought in to be our starter while Turk Broda is going to be resurrected to serve as backup. Sawchuck will act as the goaltending coach.

I don't think CuJo should be allowed back. He spurned us and yet, when he comes back crawling on his hands and knees for another chance, we show some sympathy and give it to him? The former CuJo fan in me likes the idea of him retiring in the blue and white but the heart broken CuJo fan doesn't think he should be allowed back. He called us out as not being a Stanley Cup contender after 2002 and his remarks and actions should not be forgiven just because he can't nail down a job and will never have a Stanley Cup on his resume...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

What are the odds.

I think Peter Ing would sing for the less though, it's a tough choice.

untitled-6.jpg

What are the odds.

a big E1 says Jim Carey back to the Caps to replace Huet and will challenge Brent Johnson for the starting role!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

What are the odds.

a big E1 says Jim Carey back to the Caps to replace Huet and will challenge Brent Johnson for the starting role!

oooh let me play! BlueJackets.com is reporting that the team has re-signed Ron Tuggnutt to replace Fredrik Norrena. They're citing the reason as being that their current second string goalie isn't old enough to backup oft injured Pascal Leclaire.

thanks, that was fun.

PvO6ZWJ.png

What are the odds.

oooh let me play! BlueJackets.com is reporting that the team has re-signed Ron Tuggnutt to replace Fredrik Norrena. They're citing the reason as being that their current second string goalie isn't old enough to backup oft injured Pascal Leclaire.

thanks, that was fun.

Canucks are planning to trade Luongo to the Rangers for the rights to Pavel Bure and Mark Messier and will bring in Richard Broduer and Kirk Maclean in a duel role.

What are the odds.

thanks, that was fun.

Canucks are planning to trade Luongo to the Rangers for the rights to Pavel Bure and Mark Messier and will bring in Richard Broduer and Kirk Maclean in a duel role.

374032258_5e692a7d77_o.jpg

6uXNWAo.png

What are the odds.

thanks, that was fun.

foley.jpg

BANNERMAN!

bannerman.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

374032258_5e692a7d77_o.jpg

Thank you.

Anyway, there's a little bit of smoke about the Thrashers making a serious run at signing Brian Campbell. I would be shocked if Campbell does become a Thrasher. But a big move has to be made if the Thrashers want any real hope in re-signing Kovalchuk when his deal expires after the '09-'10 season.....

Archived