Dinamo Riga (KHL) unveils logo and jerseys

Geoff

Riga is the only truly new club in the KHL all other have been around at least one season in another league.

RDinamo_2008_logo.png

178269_0xYyap.jpeg

I like that Bauer is getting into the jersey business. Someone needs to show Nike and RBK that form fitting sucks and they shouldn't force smaller brands to try and follow suit (see SP Apparel FIT).

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

I like that Bauer is getting into the jersey business. Someone needs to show Nike and RBK that form fitting sucks and they shouldn't force smaller brands to try and follow suit (see SP Apparel FIT).

Someone needs to tell Geoff that the apparel logo on the jerseys is NIKE Bauer ^_^

(I do know about Nike selling off Bauer btw)

I saw, I came, I left.

I don't think Nike is going to care too much what Bauer does, since Bauer is still slapping the Nike logo on things, even though Nike sold the company. Like those jerseys pictured above. Those guys aren't wearing equipment either, so its hard to judge just how form fitting those may or may not be.

I like the logo, but I'm not sure whats going on the hem there. Siloute of the Riga skyline or something? Those white lions(?) get a little lost where they hang over the shield onto the white jersey.

Riga is the only truly new club in the KHL all other have been around at least one season in another league.

178269_0xYyap.jpeg

I didn't know the Nike Bauer jersey template was so similar to the Edge template. It's looser fitting, but it looks very similar to the ASG template.

AllStar08.gif

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I'm pleasantly surprised about the logo. Not too creative, since it simply takes a few symbols from the Latvian Coat of Arms (stars, lions head) and places them on a shield (no doubt a shout out to the old Dinamo Riga logo from the Soviet era), but over all it works. Not a huge fan of the Riga skyline at the bottom. It will be especially tacky on the darker versions, which will no doubt be maroon with a white skyline, but I suppose with the other teams coming from the Russian Super League, Belarus and Kazakhstan, they will most likely be the cream of the crop anyway.

What is the KHL?

The replacement for the Russian Super League. It will have teams from outside of Russia in it.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Guess Russia / former Soviet Union doesn't have the same copyright laws we do...that D is from Dinamo Moskva's badge (Dynamo Moscow of the Russian Football League) - formed in 1923. Dinamo Kyiv in Kiev, Ukraine, has the same D though they were formed in 1927.

I think that "D" is mandated by law for every team named Dynamo.

2905794970100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

1988 Dynamo Riga

2614893080100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

1991 Dynamo Riga

2129592620100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

1988 Moscow Dynamo

2589091910100337552S200x200Q85.jpg

1991 Moscow Dynamo

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived