Illinois basketball getting System of Dress uniforms?

illini1

I haven't heard any rumors of this, but every website I go to has the Illinois shorts and jerseys on clearance. It looks like they're going to be getting new uniforms, probably SOD. I wish I noticed this earlier. I talked to Bruce Weber a couple of weeks ago at an event. I would've asked him.

Wow nice job Illini. What does system of dress mean exactly?

It's a style of uniform that Nike came out with a couple of years ago. It's basically really tight jerseys and super baggy and long shorts. If you do a search on here, you'll find lots of topics on the System of Dress uniforms.

System of Dress is a series of basketball uniforms by Nike. Its main components are a (very) form-fitting jersey top and (very) loose and "flowing" shorts (if you can call them that- they're almost down to the floor!).

Here is the SOD website:

Nike System of Dress

EDIT: Oops, sorry Illini, you beat me to answering the question that was directed at you anyway... I shouldn't have jumped in there and stolen it from you. Sorry.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

System of Dress is a series of basketball uniforms by Nike. Its main components are a (very) form-fitting jersey top and (very) loose and "flowing" shorts (if you can call them that- they're almost down to the floor!).

Here is the SOD website:

Nike System of Dress

EDIT: Oops, sorry Illini, you beat me to answering the question that was directed at you anyway... I shouldn't have jumped in there and stolen it from you. Sorry.

I didn't know they were actually alowed to wear these under their uniform. According to the site, they are optional to wear as a base layer beneath the form fitted jersey.

I think I'm one of the few that actually really likes these jerseys.

Except when they look ridiculously plain like West Virginia's:

4_c-c.jpg1_c-c.jpg

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I didn't know they were actually alowed to wear these under their uniform. According to the site, they are optional to wear as a base layer beneath the form fitted jersey.

They made these for the first schools that had the SOD uniforms (Florida, Syracuse, and Ohio State), but I don't think anyone ever wore them in a game. I think they stopped making them for teams since then. I haven't seen pictures of any since these.

I believe these are the teams now wearing SOD..feel free to add to it

West Virginia

Syracuse

Arizona

Oregon

USC

K-State

Maryland

UNC

UCONN

Florida

Georgetown

LSU

Texas

Ohio State

any more im leaving out?

These look really boring. Imagine how these unis will look on really fat guys.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

These look really boring. Imagine how these unis will look on really fat guys.

that would be vomit-inducing. fortunately, most basketball players are not very fat.

(fattest guy I could find)

1408067140_236dc13920.jpg

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

I haven't tried one on, but I saw the Oregon ones at the bookstore after the Ducks debuted theirs. Really high quality, the fabric feels really nice and pretty soft and the numbers were nicely stitched. They're almost like a really nice soccer jersey than a traditional basketball jersey.

that said, I think they probably run a bit bigger in the swingman set (they certainly looked that way) so no real worries for fatties.

also, I'm really frustrated that Oregon's green actually are camo :x

harperdc.gif

Archived