Georgia Tech Uniforms

GoDawgs08

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are on sale in the bookstore, so they must be the new unis...

Personally, I'm not really a big fan. I like the classic look Tech had, and it kinda sucks that they went all arena league. They did switch back to a more "old gold," like in the practice helmets we just saw, which will make a lot of fans happy.

NewJerseys.jpg

I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a helluva... designeer?

teams_signature.jpg

And the Paul Johnson Era at Georgia Tech is off to an inspiring start. Ugh.

Also, I really hate wordmarks on the front of football jerseys. They remind me too much of the Big XII and certain SEC schools that have severe inferiority complexes.

slideshow_656945_techfanday.0803_9.JPG

I like them a little better when you see the whole thing. The pants aren't too busy, which is good. And the "GEORGIA TECH" across the chest is smaller than on the bookstore replica version.

DEFINITELY a much different gold than the shiny, "Vegas" gold we've had for a few years, which I liked better, but a lot of fans wanted our official "old gold" back, which it looks like we got.

teams_signature.jpg

Who's been tweaking colors on these Cleveland Gladiators pics? That's right, Georgia Tech, congratulations: you just got sloppy seconds from an Arena team.

Honestly, they don't look bad from a distance, mainly because the chest piping isn't as obvious. And the pants piping, while I understand the flow up to the jersey and all, really doesn't do it for me.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I like that a lot.

The lack of white on the pants looks kinda weird, but atleast they matched up the side panels.

I'd love to see a white on white combo, I think it would look slick.

Also, those pants don't look like the "shiny material" that everyone has been using, it looks more like the matte type pants from way back when.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

So far the Atlanta newspaper's fan poll is 68% don't like, 31% like the new unis. Even the players are pretty iffy. From today's edition of the paper:

==

It's probably safe to say that Georgia Tech's new gold will not be the 'it' color of the fall season.

Georgia Tech unveiled its new uniforms Saturday at the Great Jacket Encounter fan day, and the players were happy about their new white jerseys with their gold accents. But those gold pants ...

"I don't like these pants we've got on so much," offensive tackle Andrew Gardner said. "I don't know if it's too much of the gold or that there's no stripe ? the old gold is kind of a strong color."

Quarterback Bryce Dykes didn't even have a word to describe the color. "No comment. You don't wanna know," he said with a laugh.

==

Meh...

AJC Article

Pics:

slideshow_656845_techfanday.0803_8.JPG

I do like the numbers and nameplates...very easy to see/read:

slideshow_656882_techfanday.0803_3.JPG

Typical fan reaction, "Oh no!" and "Gag me!". :P

slideshow_656934_techfanday.0803_5.JPG

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The helmets they've worn at practice this week are clearly a different color than the ones of the past few years:

image_7364137.jpg

Weird, at first glance, those look like Navy's helmates. Ironic that they wear those while they pratice the tripple option.

these arent really in improvement, its too yellow now and not gold. I really want to see blue jerseys and white helmets mixed in tho (apparently pants will be white at home?)

They tried to return to "old gold," and while it's tradition, it's also uglier than the "Vegas gold" of the past few years.

And what I've heard is Tech is returning to wearing the combo you see in these pictures at almost every game. They'll ask visitors to bring dark jerseys to Atlanta. Then they've got a set of blue tops and gold tops (not sure what color pants) that they'll pull out for special occasions, like Thursday night ESPN games and (future) ACC championships.

teams_signature.jpg

I must admit, the jerseys look much better on the players than on the racks. And I can't help but wonder if the newer more mustardy gold is a sign that Georgia Tech is working to make their colors more consistent.

After all that, they put on the white pants for practice, and they're traditional. And I think Tech has finally matched their pants with their helmets.

So if these are the white pants, I would think the gold and blue tops are different than the white arena league ones. Who knows?... not even sure they do.

p11.jpg

teams_signature.jpg

While I HATE the design of the unis, I like the old gold/mustard look they have going on instead of the nasty vegas gold that they used to have. I love my jackets, but I really wish they had a better sense of style.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

I think those are just the pants they wore with the white helmets the last few years for certain games. I think they have a different white helmet for those this year, but are still wearing the throwback old gold jerseys, probably with these pants. I think the blue jersey is arena league looking, just like the white.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived