Georgia Tech Uniforms

GoDawgs08

So theres been alot of speculation that Georgia Tech will be getting new uniforms for the 2008 season, mainly because of the new Paul Johnson era. There is a photo going around of brand new navy blue jerseys, with modern bells and whistles, along with a white one and a white helmet.

However, Atlanta Journal Constitution says that Georgia Tech will be switching back to the white jersey with gold helmets and gold pants for home games in 2008. There was a poll that asked the fans which uniform combo they want to see next season, however this all applied to the old jersey, pants, and helmet. So, was that a false photo?

There is a good chance Tech will wear white almost every game next season, but there is also a chance that they would switch to the navy blue jersey for night games, or special occasions. However, from what ive read on local articles it doesnt seem like a uniform redesign is in the mix. Which leaves that curious photo hanging...does anyone know more than I do?

temp.png

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've seen (thier Spring game, their preview shows, commercials), it looks like they're sticking with the same jerseys as they had last season. It's a decent look, not spectacular and not lousy.

Of course, no matter how you dress a turd, they'll still play like :censored:....

GT was supposed to have a "special announcement" the weekend that Hutts died (baseball team pitcher), so it obviously got canceled, and has yet to be rescheduled. It was widely speculated that it was an announcement regarding re-signing with Russell Athletic (and a unveiling of new uni's) since I think the contract expired at the end of this year.

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

Despite the poor picture quality, that's a pretty decent looking set.

However, it's time Georgia Tech abandons the metallic gold jersey and switches over to the white helmets full-time. It may buck tradition a little, but it'd make for a much classier look.

6uXNWAo.png

Despite the poor picture quality, that's a pretty decent looking set.

However, it's time Georgia Tech abandons the metallic gold jersey and switches over to the white helmets full-time. It may buck tradition a little, but it'd a much classier look.

I gotta agree with you. I like em.

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

Supposedly, these are the new Ga Tech unis:

russellqz9.jpg

That's the template Russell has been using in the AFL:

sn_afl_phillyaw_200.jpg

Expect the pants to be similar.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• 4 weeks later...

As a Georgia Tech fan, I really hope we don't switch to the Arena League unis. They announced we'd go back to our tradition of wearing white at home (so for pretty much every game) with some navy ones mixed in (no more gold).

Then they said we're unveiling new uniforms on August 19th???

http://www.ajc.com/gatech/content/sports/g...caa09_game.html

Hopefully it's just a slight change.

I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a helluva... designeer?

teams_signature.jpg

ahhh so they will be wearing the new uniforms this year. The interesting question now is, what helmet do they go with? And also, if they plan on wearing white at home, where will the blue and gold jerseys fit in??

temp.png

Supposedly, these are the new Ga Tech unis:

russellqz9.jpg

Nice threads. I could see the Saints going with something similar next season, when they release their rumored new look jerseys in 2009 (according to some fine gents on this very board).

i just wish that their playing and their unis change. i wish the gold was just a TAD yellower... i just don't like the vegas gold they use.

well, whatever, i still love 'em! even if they lose all their games.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

i just wish that their playing and their unis change. i wish the gold was just a TAD yellower... i just don't like the vegas gold they use.

well, whatever, i still love 'em! even if they lose all their games.

Tech won't be that bad. They do have some very winnable games...they do play in the ACC.

Tech won't be that bad. They do have some very winnable games...they do play in the ACC.

I think we'll be good in 2-3 years (as with Paul Johnson's other teams), but I'm only cautiously optimistic about this year. It could take a while to grasp the new offense.

teams_signature.jpg

ahhh so they will be wearing the new uniforms this year. The interesting question now is, what helmet do they go with? And also, if they plan on wearing white at home, where will the blue and gold jerseys fit in??

If I'm not mistaken the gold jersey in the picture is what they've worn the past few years.

If I'm not mistaken the gold jersey in the picture is what they've worn the past few years.

No, that gold one is the one we introduced last year as a throwback jersey that we wore on a Thursday night game. It's a darker "old gold" than the Vegas gold the home one has been the past few years.

Tech will wear white at home (and obviously on the road) again, but they have a navy blue one in the works apparently, and a lot of people want to see the throwback again. It's sounding like the vegas gold ones of the last few years (which I really liked) are out.

As far as the helmet, the white one was just part of that throwback night. They're cool, but they'll remain a special occasion thing. The gold ones will stay forever I would guess.

teams_signature.jpg

Maybe tech could start by matching the gold in their helmet, logo, and uniforms!

If they are still with Russell Athletic, I can guarantee you they won't.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Archived