Jagaurs Redo

LogoFan

There are some elements of the Jag's unis I like, and some (depending on which jersey or pants the're wearing) that I just can't stand. One thing about their uniforms is that they are way, way to inconsistent. Some pants have stripes, others do not. Additionally, I think the current all-black just looks horrible.

So here is my attempt to make the unis scheme more consistent, add in gold pants as an alternative, and bring out the teal a bit more without over-doing it.

Jags1Revised.gif

i threw up

UGA fans do not like stupid people or stupid comments. Please, do us all a favor and change your name.

I have never flamed anyone on this board and I expect equal courtesy. If you have a critique, or something constructive to say Mr. Duchebag, then say it. I may not agree with your comment, but at least let it be a reasonable, rational thought. I can accept criticism, but the only thing in your response that outweighs your insulting tone is your idiocy. Perhaps you cannot string together enough words to advance a clear thought. Polysyllabic words must be difficult for you. You're either intellectually challenged or 10 years old. Wait. That's an insult to a 10-year-old.

Let's turn this around. What if I said this:

"I looked at some of your stuff, and trust me, it didn't make me just throw up. It also gave me heartburn and diarrhea. Your UF design just about burned my retinas out, and I want to poke out my mind's eye for looking at such crap."

Now I could say that way, or I could say it in a diplomatic, constructive way like: I don't like the font you used on the helmet...the old way is superior. The jersey is excessively busy, with a hybrid of the Bronco's swoosh that is not only 2-colored itself, but ties into a multicolor collar, not to mention that the shoosh has been terribly overdone. The number font does not tie into the upgrade wordmark and, besides screaming BC Eagles, is out of place. While I hate UF, their existing uniforms have a nice, traditional (and professional) look and your update makes reminds me more of a junior-tier arena team.

Now...which sounds more reasoned?

Okay, I agree with wilson that there is too much going on. The gold pants aren't a bad idea, but then the jerseys need some gold to tie it in the the overall look. The sock striping is inconsistent with the pants striping. Overall I think this needs to be streamlined. Pick a couple of the elements you are using and go with them. Overall, I like your black jersey the best, because there is less going on. Hope that helps.

Okay, I agree with wilson that there is too much going on. The gold pants aren't a bad idea, but then the jerseys need some gold to tie it in the the overall look. The sock striping is inconsistent with the pants striping. Overall I think this needs to be streamlined. Pick a couple of the elements you are using and go with them. Overall, I like your black jersey the best, because there is less going on. Hope that helps.

Yes, it does. Thanks bohob and wilson for giving me a direction to go with this. :D

No Comment!

Then why reply??? <_<

Anyways, like wilson said...too much going on. The best of the bunch are the black jerseys, I'd like to see you drop the black sleeves and make the sleeve the color of the jersey with traditional striping to match the pants.

brewerssig.jpg

The less teal, the better. Especially for a team named Jaguars.

Sorry, but back to the drawing board.

I never liked that argument. A lot of teams have colors that has nothing to do with their name.

A blue and silver lion?

A yellow and purple tiger?

An orange and blue gator?

There are many, many more. If they just made their team colors to match a nickname then the world of sports identity design would be boring.

I never liked that argument. A lot of teams have colors that has nothing to do with their name.

A blue and silver lion?

A yellow and purple tiger?

An orange and blue gator?

There are many, many more. If they just made their team colors to match a nickname then the world of sports identity design would be boring.

An orange Brown?

Teal was the color selected by the team. I am working with what they selected versus throwing in a "better" color scheme.

One of the few things I like about the Jags is their color scheme of teal that incorporates both black and gold. While I would prefer to go more teal/black/silver to be reminsent of the San Jose Sharks, that color palette would be too similar to the Philadelphia Eagles.

Here are 2 revised versions, one with the current color scheme, and the second reflects the original uniform colors, with silver helmets and pants:

Jags1Revisedb.gif

Jags1Revisedc.gif

i liked the first version, but maby teal sheeves for the away or something like that, its almost like you thought you had to keep it the same, the home/away look great, but then you kept the same sleeves for the black one, maby just change some of the colors and ull have it

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I be a Jags fan since befores I canz remembers, and I gotta say, I'm not fond of any of the 3 sets you have come up with. Now, I'm not necessarily saying that the Jags real sets are better. But I would like to think that something else will work....

I like the concept of a leopard spot inspired stripe on the pants, as well as for the uniform sleeves (incorporated in a wide stripe somehow). I'd say all the uni collars, home and away, need to be black to match the helmet. One possibility might be a black jersey with leopard-print numbers which have a thick white outline which is surrounded by a thin teal and another thin white outline. For the white jersey, do the same leopard-print numbers, outlined in thick black, then white then teal. Pants would always be white. Leopard print stripes, ending in a tail-style curl, wrapping the tail aroud the pant legs 2 times about 1 inch above the knees. Medium black outline around the "tail". Optional teal outline surrounding the black. White socks & shoes - black / teal stripes on the socks (teal only if the tail is outlined in teal).

Radical alternate set - Gold/Black leopard print top. White numbers, outlined in teal, then black, then white again. Collar and sleeve stripes are black. Pants are matching leopard print, with double white stripes down each leg (black separates the white stripes). Same socks & shoes as above (no teal).

I'm not all that good at uniform design - but if anybody wants to take a shot at my idea, I'd be happy to see if what I am thinking is crazy or not. B):blink::notworthy:

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

i threw up

UGA fans do not like stupid people or stupid comments. Please, do us all a favor and change your name.

I have never flamed anyone on this board and I expect equal courtesy. If you have a critique, or something constructive to say Mr. Duchebag, then say it. I may not agree with your comment, but at least let it be a reasonable, rational thought. I can accept criticism, but the only thing in your response that outweighs your insulting tone is your idiocy. Perhaps you cannot string together enough words to advance a clear thought. Polysyllabic words must be difficult for you. You're either intellectually challenged or 10 years old. Wait. That's an insult to a 10-year-old.

Let's turn this around. What if I said this:

"I looked at some of your stuff, and trust me, it didn't make me just throw up. It also gave me heartburn and diarrhea. Your UF design just about burned my retinas out, and I want to poke out my mind's eye for looking at such crap."

Now I could say that way, or I could say it in a diplomatic, constructive way like: I don't like the font you used on the helmet...the old way is superior. The jersey is excessively busy, with a hybrid of the Bronco's swoosh that is not only 2-colored itself, but ties into a multicolor collar, not to mention that the shoosh has been terribly overdone. The number font does not tie into the upgrade wordmark and, besides screaming BC Eagles, is out of place. While I hate UF, their existing uniforms have a nice, traditional (and professional) look and your update makes reminds me more of a junior-tier arena team.

Now...which sounds more reasoned?

Okay logofan, most of the time people that get heated and argue on this board dont have any qualities or substantial reasons for arguing. However, you make a good point, and for that I apologize for making my blunt comment. Putting your "douchebag" comment aside, you got me on the other parts. My bad

My critique here is teams with three color's, especially gold, are very difficult to deal with. Try to keep the gold as much of an accent color as possible (for strictly outlining and such.) Unless you can simplify the design, then gold can come in on a major part of the uniform I think. I wont lie the two unis on the right look bad, the design isnt very good on the template overall...but I can stand the left side.

temp.png

Archived