NFL Jaguars could be sold and moved

simpsontide

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Jags were to move to LA, I think a name change would be in order. Personally, I feel if a team moves states, they should try to endear themselves to their new surroundings w/ a whole new identity. I mean, who wants to root for what amounts to a second-hand franchise otherwise? Anyway, if LA were to get a team I hope they don't use an animal name. Los Angeles just seems like such a "big time" place that an animal mascot just would seem inadequate. They'd probably be better off w/ one of those somewhat abstract "human-ish" type names that don't really have a clear representation, like Giants, Dodgers, Lakers, etc.

A Jaguars move to Toronto would move up the timetable for a Bills relocation.

The timetable for the Bills relocating is whenever Ralph C. Wilson Jr. dies. The moment he kicks the bucket the timetable begins, Rogers and others will start planning to buy the team from Wilson's daughters who are NOT interested in owning the team. Wilson will NOT move the team, but once he dies anything can happen. Whoever ponies up the most money will get the team.

I do believe that the Toronto Jaguars will not help the Bills at all. It could possibly guarantee the team moves to LA or some other city with big money whenever Wilson dies.

saBS.png

The timetable for the Bills relocating is whenever Ralph C. Wilson Jr. dies. The moment he kicks the bucket the timetable begins, Rogers and others will start planning to buy the team from Wilson's daughters who are NOT interested in owning the team. Wilson will NOT move the team, but once he dies anything can happen. Whoever ponies up the most money will get the team.

I do believe that the Toronto Jaguars will not help the Bills at all. It could possibly guarantee the team moves to LA or some other city with big money whenever Wilson dies.

If a large percentage of fans at the games are from Canada, a new team in the market will probably change Mr. Wilson's plans IMO. Then again, LA may have first dibs on getting a new team, and Toronto might be forced to wait no matter what compensation they bring to the table.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Could the LA Jaguars mean that the Toronto Vikings could become a reality? San Antonio Vikings?

If those happens, we could be looking at the Minnesota Bills a few years after that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Los Angeles will definitely get a team, whether it is in fact the Jaguars, or another team. Again, with Toronto, the Argos will never allow that. But then again, I don't care if they go bankrupt tomorrow.

If a large percentage of fans at the games are from Canada, a new team in the market will probably change Mr. Wilson's plans IMO. Then again, LA may have first dibs on getting a new team, and Toronto might be forced to wait no matter what compensation they bring to the table.

The Toronto Jags would defiantly hurt the Bills but I do not believe it would kill them. About 1/4 of the 75,000 on gameday come from Canada. True Bills fans will stick with the Bills and still come to games. It would be cheaper in Buffalo and easier to get tickets. It's not like Toronto is right next to Buffalo. It is 2 hours away. People do travel from Toronto to Orchard Park on gameday and will transfer their allegiance to the new team, but I think a majority of the "fans" will stick with the Bills and will continue to support the Bills.

saBS.png

if this happens im going to be really pissed

Well then I'm certain they'll call the whole thing off.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As the self-appointed "Last LA NFL Fan" & resident curmudgeon, I'm cool with "LA Jaguars" actually. Still whomever ends up moving here . . . in MY lifetime . . . I'd prefer a new name & the fun of a "Name The Team" contest etc. though we'd likely somehow end up with "The Jacksonville Jaguars Of Los Angeles". Sorry, that gag hadda be done here. Now. For all the Buffalo Bills "Mr. WIlson Mortality Lottery" talk and Vikings & Chargers stadium probs & Toronto NFL notions which I heartily endorse as lifelong Canuckophile :flagcanada: , the NBA Sonics move to OKC tells me it's pro sports team open season free agency time, legally, like maybe never like before.

The Jags' stadium lease? Take it to court. Our Economic Meltdown In Prog curiously or maybe not makes for not MORE rich people but richer rich folks. Folks who want VERY expensive toys like sports teams that can actually make $. The proposed Industry CA NFL stadium is an outdoor mall/theme park/license to print $ that happens to have a Super Bowl worthy stadium main component. It's TOO good a sports biz proposal IF one has the $ required to play. The Dodgers & Lakers are successful well-run franchises in their sports that have BIG followings here. A competitive LA NFL team could exceed BOTH of these LA teams in terms of support and most important in terms of NFL $ revenue swag. OR . . . Life In La La Land goes on without THE greatest sport . . . IN THE WORLD . . . I'm just sayin'. B)

"The Amazing Fabwell... Knows All... SEES All... Tells NOTHING!!

Is Jacksonville really a big league city?

Florida has two teams already plus Atlanta is not far away, it seems like a crowded market, and though I'm sure they have loads of loyal fans, can it trully survive there long term or is it time to return to the second biggest market in the country which has not had a team in 14 years now.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived