Vanderbilt..

amacomo

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw on a few screenshots of NCAA 2009 that it appeared Vandy went piping-crazy. Too bad, as they had some great traditional-looking uniforms.

Looks like the piping craze has hit another SEC member - (Kentucky, South Carolina and now Vandy).

923%5C362689.jpg

they change uniforms a lot.

Vanderbilt has had three changes in the last 17 years. That's not really a lot.

It is for us in the Tradition - rich SEC

Yea... lots of great "traditions" to be proud of in the SEC states... on and off the gridiron.

/sarcasm

Besides, Vandy is a perennial bottom-feeder that's only in the SEC to make it look better academically. They could change their unis three times a year and no one outside of Tennessee would notice.

I saw on a few screenshots of NCAA 2009 that it appeared Vandy went piping-crazy. Too bad, as they had some great traditional-looking uniforms.

Looks like the piping craze has hit another SEC member - (Kentucky, South Carolina and now Vandy).

More like just switching the piping around; I think I read somewhere that Kentucky is dropping the piping for 2008.

Edit: sratch that; I just found the post on the Lexington Herald-Leader website:

http://www.kentucky.com/283/story/388263.html

Sounds like they are dropping the wide side panel in favor of something that sounds like either what WVU wore last year or what has been announced for Cal for this year. Plus they're evidently adding BLACK TRIM :cursing:

I hated that when Curry added it back in the early 1990s, and I don't like it now!

I bet Tennessee has had more road uniforms than Vanderbilt since 1991.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Yea... lots of great "traditions" to be proud of in the SEC states... on and off the gridiron.

/sarcasm

Please don't tell me you are implying that the SEC isn't a tradition-filled conference. The SEC is football in America and I don't think anyone can argue that...best football conference for many years now, it's science.

I bet Tennessee has had more road uniforms than Vanderbilt since 1991.

I bet you're wrong. Tennessee has had three different away jerseys, white with orange numbers (90-94), white with orange numbers outlined in black (94-01, 03-Present), orange side panels (2002).

Vandy has changed logos and striping on their away jersey several times since then, and has had two different color numbers.

WOW!.....another team surrenders to the power of piping. This trend really needs to die, and die soon.

The only way it would stop,is the ADs and coaches would grow some grapefruits and take a stand against this non-sense.

this thread is useless without these "NCAA 09" screenshots

here you go.

Jersey1.jpg

jerseyf.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

screenshot3.jpg

ruined what in my opinion was the best set in the SEC.

Edited to add I got the pics off of http://www.vandydan.blogspot.com/

Would've been a solid set without the piping. Normally I'm a fan of it when it enhances the look and the piping is unique, but not here.

Archived