Old-school Video Games

Brass

Well, I was home in New England this week, and had to clean the basement ( :mad: ) While I was down there, I found something unbelieveable. My old Super Nintendo, my orginial Nintendo, and Nintendo 64!!! So many memories rushed back into my head, so I hooked them up again and started playing. My favorite game of all-time was also in there. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for 64. (Check my sig :P ) These games were so innovative in those days, and with today's games, it's hard to believe we waited in line to but these.

In otherwords, I started this post so everyone could bring back there old video gaming days from the release of Super Mario Bros. 1 to the antisapated debut of Super Mario Bros. 3. From Double Dragon to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time.

Man, I miss the good-ol' 90's!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Wow, where to begin?

I have all the Nintendo systems, from NES to Game Boy, right up to Gamecube. I remained loyal, never switched brands.

Super Mario Bros., Dunk Hunt, Rad Racer, The Legacy of the Wizard... all great games.

When I got my SNES in 1990 I was all-of-a-sudden Mr. Popular at my school, I never let anyone come over to play it tho cause I knew they were just using me B)

I still play the Gamecube all the time... Mario Kart and Smash Brothers, can play those games alllllllllllll night.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

NHLPA '93 was incredibly sweeeeeeeeet.

NHLPA was an amazing awesome game. Then I found out if you go from side to side behind the net, the goalie would get stuck on one side, eventually -- giving you a wide open wrap around.

IUe6Hvh.png

NHLPA was an amazing awesome game. Then I found out if you go from side to side behind the net, the goalie would get stuck on one side, eventually -- giving you a wide open wrap around.

We made a rule that you couldn't do that play if you were winning, or if it was tied... it was a sure goal every time.

---

Chris Creamer

True, but the GRRREATEST game of all-time has to be super mario all-stars.

Oh man, the old 8-bit games were golden. Good thing we have people to make these games into ROMS for us to download :D The Old Metroid (and Super version) Mario Kart, Blades of Steel, Ice Hockey, Mega Man, oh memories.

It's cooler now with four player games (Smash Bos. 99 life melee :evil: ) fun for all!

another vote for NHLPA 93. best sports game, ever. (even with the cheater wrap around goals).

mortal kombat 2, Kirby's backyard golf, and my fav "unknown" SNES was the dueling unicycles (can't even remember the names of the game) on the roller-coaster type loops.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

another vote for NHLPA 93. best sports game, ever. (even with the cheater wrap around goals).

mortal kombat 2, Kirby's backyard golf, and my fav "unknown" SNES was the dueling unicycles (can't even remember the names of the game) on the roller-coaster type loops.

Uniracers! played that one to death too!

---

Chris Creamer

TECMO SUPER BOWL!

for nintendo of course (super nintendo just didn't have that same feel not to mention it had that stupid X dive play or something like that)

Why was it so great???

*The Music, my dear it was very catchy and well produced

*The stat feature, this made the games more worthwhile and added to the actualy game

*Real teams and players (especially Packer Legendary Bob Nelson)

*Just a fun game to play

Man, I love that game *sniff*

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

I miss the NHL 95 edition alot more than I want to play the new editions...that was a true classic

before they took out fighting, then put it back, then made it ridiculous to score against the default AI.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

We made a rule that you couldn't do that play if you were winning, or if it was tied... it was a sure goal every time.

Well, Chris, you guys were smart. Me and my friends just had amazingly high scoring games. That happened practically every posession.

IUe6Hvh.png

Greatest game ever... NHL '94 by EA Sports for the Sega Genesis. That too had the side to side deal, me and my friends also made the rule you could only do it under certain circumstances. Oh man, I was the Buffalo Sabres all the time, Alexander Mogily is soo fast and awesome in that game. And Pat Lafontaine always got him the puck. :hockeysmiley:

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I still play my SNES regularly, probably more than my PS2.

Ken Griffey Jr's Baseball (the original one, NOT Winning Run), Uniracers, Sim City, NCAA Basketball, Super Mario Kart, Super Mario World, Mario All-Stars, Super Tennis, Tecmo Super Bowl I and III, Tecmo NBA Basketball, Donkey Kong Country, DKC 2, all the Maddens that were the exact same on-field from 1995 to 1998...

The memories...

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Archived