17 Ejected In Minor League Brawl

njmeadowlanders

http://sports.espn.go.com/minorlbb/news/story?id=3504480

DAYTON, Ohio -- Fifteen players and both managers were ejected -- and a fan was sent to the hospital -- following a 10-minute, benches-clearing brawl in a Class-A minor league game between affiliates of the Cincinnati Reds and Chicago Cubs on Thursday night.

The ejections were reversed by the league president George Spelius and the game was completed with Dayton winning 6-5.

I swear, every time you see video of these things, the players are dumber and dumber. I hope the felony charge sticks to that player too...sends a fan to the hospital because he doesn't have a brain....way to go champ.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

That is a brawl, folks. Too bad it seems that to happen more often then not.

As for the guy who threw the ball: He was aiming for the dugout, but dude. There's no excuse for actually beaning a fan in the head with the baseball. None. You have to think that this guy could get some jail time for this act.

As a Cubs fan, the truly sad thing, to me, is that the Cubs have scheduled a game between the Chiefs and the Kane County Cougers (a Chicago suburb, for those that don't know) for Wrigley Field this Tuesday! Now, I'm left wondering if it's too late to invite another of the Cubs minor league afiliates to fill in for this game? The Chiefs certainly don't deserve to play at Wrigley...

Moose

So a pitcher was aiming for the dugout but missed? Wouldn't take him on my team...

But yeah, he should be facing felony charges, as he clearly intended to injure someone.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

As a Cubs fan, the truly sad thing, to me, is that the Cubs have scheduled a game between the Chiefs and the Kane County Cougers (a Chicago suburb, for those that don't know) for Wrigley Field this Tuesday! Now, I'm left wondering if it's too late to invite another of the Cubs minor league afiliates to fill in for this game? The Chiefs certainly don't deserve to play at Wrigley...

Moose

I know really. Who knows what would happen if a Cubs fan decided to steal one of their hats. Utter chaos! <_<

The punishment is simple for Castillo:

1. Face whatever criminal charges he must, and serve whatever punishment the judge recommends

2. Banishment from affiliated Minor League Baseball, and banishment from Major League Baseball, for life

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

This wasn't exactly the way I wanted to see the local team get on Sportscenter. I wonder who Ryne Sandberg is going to have to answer to now that all his trips to the All-Star Game, the White House, and Cooperstown have resulted in his interim manager getting ejected along with half his team just in time for their matchup at Wrigley on Tuesday that will probably have half their starters out on suspensions.

It's a shame it wasn't a home game. (Or am I the only minor league sports fan who actually dreams of being in attendance when one of these break out.)

Castillo should be demoted to work on his obvious control issues. :P I disagree with the "ban for life because he used a baseball as a weapon" sentiment, simply because, by logical extension, every brushback/beanball thrown falls into that category.

Let'em play in Wrigley. It's not like you Cubs fans were every going to see them otherwise. And I doubt Sandberg's absence for a brief period is why this happened.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

No, Sandberg's absence had NOTHING to do with this, but he'll still have to answer a lot of questions about it...even though he wasn't even there.

What I meant was that some think that he's starting to take managing in the minors lightly now that he's been absent from the team for most of the past two weeks. He was originally only supposed to miss two games while attending All-Star festivities in New York and going to the annual tee ball game at the White House. But since then he has missed several more games, while attending a function in Chicago and his plans to go to the induction ceremonies in Cooperstown this weekend. I wasn't saying he's responsible for the incident, just that it isn't exactly necessary for him to be gone for so long and to have his bench coach handle all this at the same time as he's trying to be taken seriously as a manager.

Archived