How Did This Win?

iDonovan

The owner of the Oshawa Dodgers (intercounty baseball league) was talking to me on the phone before he named his team, he told me he wanted to call the team the Durham Dodgers, but the league wouldn't let him name the team after the county, had to be after the city.

So he told me has was going to have a name the team contest.

Two weeks later, low-and-behold, an ad about the contest in the newspaper.

Two weeks later, a winner is chosen, and it's the Oshawa Dodgers!

Bullplop, eh?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Idon,

Obviously, you're not the first designer to drink a big tall glass of nepotism. But hold on to those designs. You never now who'll be looking for something like that in the future....maybe even on the requests board on this site! Keep up the good work and stay tough! B)

cfg.jpg41QN7ATP9VL._AA280_.jpg

The owner of the Oshawa Dodgers (intercounty baseball league) was talking to me on the phone before he named his team, he told me he wanted to call the team the Durham Dodgers, but the league wouldn't let him name the team after the county, had to be after the city.

Bullplop, eh?

i think i missed something in this story...im confused ...lol

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Bullplop, eh?

i think i missed something in this story...im confused ...lol

I think and only think that the bullplop part was that the owner wanted the name of the team to be the Dodgers to begin with -- and then he held a 'name the team' contest and low-and-behold, the Dodgers name won.

If that's what you were gettin at Chris, I agree -- that is major crap. Didn't something happen like that with the Colorado Crush's naming contest in which the Colorado Crush was already trademarked by the ownership?

IUe6Hvh.png

Looking at the "winning" CUSA logo, it's obvious they don't know much about design ... but they also apparently don't know much about soccer, either .... The soccer ball's dark spots are hexagons, as are the white panels ... You can't make a soccer ball like that -- it won't form a sphere, it will form a flat surface ...

Maybe they don't know geometry, either.

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Archived