How Did This Win?

iDonovan

My Citys Mens soccer league was looking for a new logo and started a contest. The only two rule were you had to be a player and it had to be red and black. I lost the contest...which would have been OK if it had not been a bad logo I lost to.

Here are four of my designs followed by the one below which won. :mad:

what do you guys think?

OH...the one that won was design by a board members son.

cusa.jpg

OH...the one that won was design by a board members son.

Figures, man. That guy prolly tipped the other guys off...

"If my son wins, then you'll never have to babysit him again." :P

Maybe I woulda picked him, too... Or not.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Great designs, esepcially the bottom left one. It may have the least character out of the four, but if they were going for something devoid of anything directly referencing Calgary or Canada, it blows the "winning" entry out of the water...

QPR%20Sig.png

If i'm judging this contest, I se eyour entries, and realize we have a pro designer playing for us, and i call you up and get something made to our exact specifications.

You got hosed.

Sorry, dude.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

We live in a world of politics my man. It's not what you know, it's who you know. Connections will always beat out talent. It's a hard lesson to learn but it's the facts of life. It's too bad because those designs of yours are simple and they look great.

Looks like it was "designed" in Microsoft Word.  :blink:

How do you figure that?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

You could always resubmit a new version of one of your designs for the Calgary United Nepotisim Team and see how they like that... :cursing:

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived