Olympic Basketball Jerseys

jhans203

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Australia's whole olympic team is being outfitted by adidas, except the swimmers who are with speedo. Haven't got pics of our basketball uniforms but from what i've seen, no three stripes on any of our gear. Thank god for that.

So in short, the Boomers uniforms here are not what will be worn at Beijing.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Ze Germans:

FF_206044ALT2_xl.jpg

FF_206044ALT3_xl.jpg

Host Boys:

FF_206045ALT2_xl.jpg

FF_206045ALT3_xl.jpg

B-E-A-U-tiful!!!!!!!!!

Here's a question, are these awesome templates only going to be used for Olympics only or do you guys think college teams or even pro teams might pick them up soon?

Some college teams wear Nike SOD. I don't see the NBA doing anything like this, A. because it's Nike, the NBA wears adidas B. A tattoo-esque design wouldn't fit well for a team with a nickname. It works well for representing a country, but I couldn't see, say, the Lakers with an opaque image of waves all across and down the back.

Some college teams wear Nike SOD. I don't see the NBA doing anything like this, A. because it's Nike, the NBA wears adidas B. A tattoo-esque design wouldn't fit well for a team with a nickname. It works well for representing a country, but I couldn't see, say, the Lakers with an opaque image of waves all across and down the back.

C. David Stern's whole "image of the league" thing...

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Ā 

I don't give a rats's a** what the frickin' Russkies wear. The Commie SOBs got the 1972 Gold Medal GIVEN to them by GD R. William Jones, the Lord High Ruler of International Basketball. The stupid SOB violated a GODDAMN RULE HE HIMSELF WROTE and overruled the game officials by giving the GD Russkies three chances to win the game. When the damn commies went ahead then old fart Jones said, "Game Over. USSR wins. Good Bye." THE U.S.A. DID NOT LOSE THE GAME. IT WAS STOLEN. THE GODDAMN SILVER MEDALS CAN ROT IN THE VAULT IN SWITZERLAND UNTIL HELL FREEZES OVER! THE U.S.A. WON THE GOLD! END OF STORY! SCREW THE DAMN RUSSKIES! :mad::mad::mad:

...wow...

Australia's whole olympic team is being outfitted by adidas, except the swimmers who are with speedo. Haven't got pics of our basketball uniforms but from what i've seen, no three stripes on any of our gear. Thank god for that.

So in short, the Boomers uniforms here are not what will be worn at Beijing.

Semi-related, will the women still wear the unitard things for basketball? man those are weird.

The Australian Womens National Team still wearing the full body unitard's in a exhibition against Brazil last week.

82118772.jpg

82118873.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Well they got rid of those in thw WNBL, our WNBA equivalent, but still wear them at International level.

Those aren't what we'll wear in Beijing either.

Adidas have the Olympic deal, but each sport has there own suppliers for non-Olympic or Commonwealth Games times.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

And now we return to our regularly scheduled programming: The discussion of the 2008 Olympic Basketball Uniforms brought to you by Nike.

Yeah, I don't know about those Germany and China uniforms... not so much a fan of. It's really bad when Croatia has the best uniforms. And why doesn't Russia have blue on them? Are we going back to 1972 or something? What's next CCCP on them?

jersey wise, so many countries have red/white/blue as their flag pallet. personally, i think this makes them a bit more distinctive.

We (the USA) were right. We got screwed. And we should never forget. You know the old adage. Those who forget about the past are doomed to repeat it. Never give in. Don't back down. Stand up for what's right. Be it sports or life. Stick up for the USA!

....so are you saying you don't want the "Russkies" to wear anything? :blink:

I don't give a rats's a** what the frickin' Russkies wear. The Commie SOBs got the 1972 Gold Medal GIVEN to them by GD R. William Jones, the Lord High Ruler of International Basketball. The stupid SOB violated a GODDAMN RULE HE HIMSELF WROTE and overruled the game officials by giving the GD Russkies three chances to win the game. When the damn commies went ahead then old fart Jones said, "Game Over. USSR wins. Good Bye." THE U.S.A. DID NOT LOSE THE GAME. IT WAS STOLEN. THE GODDAMN SILVER MEDALS CAN ROT IN THE VAULT IN SWITZERLAND UNTIL HELL FREEZES OVER! THE U.S.A. WON THE GOLD! END OF STORY! SCREW THE DAMN RUSSKIES! :mad::mad::mad:

OK, I'm putting my hiatus on hiatus to ask you this simple question: Why must you ruin every single thread that you get involved in? Please, unless you have something constructive to say on the topic at hand, stick to ranting in the Lounge.

On another note, la FederaciĆ³n de Baloncesto de Puerto Rico has some really nice Nike-made uniforms. Unfortunately, I can't find a picture.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Archived