Miami Marlins

fishheatcats

As some of you may remember I did a concept for the soon-to-be Miami Marlins for the MLB group redesign project. It had orange, and Diamondbacks purple and teal, and was intended to be totally off the wall and different. This time I wanted to try and make something I would really like to see the team wear, and here it is. First off, NO ORANGE. You all probably know my anti-orange opinion on the Marlins by now. The primary is based loosely on the logo I came up with for the group redesign, utilizing a slightly modified fish from the current primary(back fins and eye) jumping out of the water in front of a baseball. The cap logo was the first thing I came up with, with the fins cutting across the bottom of the 'M'. I then tried to emulate the current script and do a Miami version without using the exact letters they use now. Everything worked off of the cap logo(the primary was actually the last thing I came up with). For the jerseys, I wanted to keep the same look of the set they have now, with a bit more teal mixed in. Lost the pinstripes on the home sets and went with a white cap. It would be totally unique in the MLB right now and I think it works here. I also brought back the teal/black cap from the pre-1997 days. The white is an off-white, I like it when it's done well, like San Fransisco. C&C appreciated as usual.

miamimarlinsfn9.gif

miamimarlins2tu4.gif

UPDATES

miamimarlinsaltyj9.gif

miamimarlins2alted5.gif

Okay the new set has pure white rather than the cream, non-white hats, and teal has been added to the scripts. I'm the biggest fan of bringing back teal as the main color in the current script, but I don't think it works terribly well as the main color with mine.

For some reason, that 'M' secondary reminds me of this.

Very good job, however. I'm not sure about the black on black numbers for the Away B.P., but I am in love with the creme colour. Super job!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I personally don't like the white hats. But that's minor. The wordmark on the unis is really good. The addition of the fin is a really nice touch.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Nice work overall, although I have a few nitpicks.

- Like others have mentioned, I'm not diggin' the white cap

- There's something about the cream home uniforms and teal that just doesn't look right to me.

- On the second set, the middle logo reminds me of toothpaste

Other than these three minor things, I love it. Great stuff.

This set has its strenghts and weaknesses.

First, I love the logo and the script. Second, I love the comeback of the teal jerseys. Third, I like that you tried to make a comeback of white hats.

I didn't however like the cream uniforms, it works for some teams, and the marlins aren't one of them. Shouldn't the away altenate have gray pants and a teal/black hat. Both your home unis had white and your away had teal, so it would make sense to have your away alt. have teal also.

This set was a great idea and is actually something I can see the Marlins wearing in the future.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

As some of you may remember I did a concept for the soon-to-be Miami Marlins for the MLB group redesign project. It had orange, and Diamondbacks purple and teal, and was intended to be totally off the wall and different. This time I wanted to try and make something I would really like to see the team wear, and here it is. First off, NO ORANGE. You all probably know my anti-orange opinion on the Marlins by now. The primary is based loosely on the logo I came up with for the group redesign, utilizing a slightly modified fish from the current primary(back fins and eye) jumping out of the water in front of a baseball. The cap logo was the first thing I came up with, with the fins cutting across the bottom of the 'M'. I then tried to emulate the current script and do a Miami version without using the exact letters they use now. Everything worked off of the cap logo(the primary was actually the last thing I came up with). For the jerseys, I wanted to keep the same look of the set they have now, with a bit more teal mixed in. Lost the pinstripes on the home sets and went with a white cap. It would be totally unique in the MLB right now and I think it works here. I also brought back the teal/black cap from the pre-1997 days. The white is an off-white, I like it when it's done well, like San Fransisco. C&C appreciated as usual.

miamimarlinsfn9.gif

miamimarlins2tu4.gif

Would you maybe consider making the wordmark and numbers teal? Sure, everyone hates teal, but I always find the black letters never allow the teal to be visible...

Great job nevertheless... love the idea of cream unis...

The wordmark reminds me strongly of Deftone Stylus, which I have always at least somewhat liked as a font, but I think is getting rapidly played out. I like the idea of a retro or classic looking script here, but it would probably do you some good to think about other script font options.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

The wordmark reminds me strongly of Deftone Stylus, which I have always at least somewhat liked as a font, but I think is getting rapidly played out. I like the idea of a retro or classic looking script here, but it would probably do you some good to think about other script font options.

You hit that right on the button. I took Deftone Stylus and modified it to make the scripts.

I figured the cream and the white caps would get mixed reactions as well. I'll work up an alternate version with pure white uniforms, non-white caps, and a teal version of the scripts.

You hit that right on the button. I took Deftone Stylus and modified it to make the scripts.

I figured the cream and the white caps would get mixed reactions as well. I'll work up an alternate version with pure white uniforms, non-white caps, and a teal version of the scripts.

This was probably the worst application of Deftone Stylus that I've seen. I like the font a lot, but this damaged its reputation a lot.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

The update is beautiful. I love the wheat coloured version but it has a retro feel to it and I dont think it suits the Marlins. However the updated version is perfect. Send these into the Marlins front office!

beLEAF

Awesome Job, although not loving the white and teal caps. Reminds me of when the reds tried to do the red and white pinstripes, the go all sweaty and see thru, the colours run... they just end up looking awful. Any chance of seeing the set with...

Home - Full Teal cap

Away - Full Black cap (possibly with Black socks)

Home Alternate - Teal cap w/ black bill

Away Alternate - Black cap w/ teal bill (possibly black socks)

Your logo work and overall concept is amazing!!! Hope they go with something like this!!!

franchise.jpg

Love the logo and Marlins wordmark...

Not feeling the M. Not sure what it is, but it's not my cup of tea. ALso the whites are MUCH better than the cremes.

I'd also like to see a solid teal hat, and ditch the black hat (maybe for BP only). Otherwise very nice overall.

I think the thing that gets me most about the "M" is the resemblence (however slight) to the Twins old cap logo.

1192.gif

I think, since they don't use it anymore, I would keep it anyhow.... it looks great!

franchise.jpg

Archived