MLB Network Logo Unveiled

marlinfan

Oh, that's terrible. First of all, the "MLB" is too big, and as I said in the All-Star Game logo thread, the abbreviation "MLB" doesn't have the same currency as NFL or NBA. I don't understand what that triangle is doing there. The whole thing feels shoehorned together. Even if they just stuck a "TV" next to the batter silhouette, that'd be better.

Also, this looks like a product of 1994.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I smell another heated/drawn out debate with Time Warner Cable on whether to add this to the basic or "expanded basic" package or just ship it to digital, or not at all. Maybe they'll hold out for more money like they continue to do with NFLN, and ultimately broke down with the B10N, because Badger, Wolverine, Illini, Hoosier, etc... fans were sick of their football and basketball being exclusive to a channel they chould/should have, and didn't for quite a while. TWC is so stupid, I'm switching to at&t when I get the chance!

About the logo, it's alright I guess? It would look a lot better if it was just the MLB logo followed by a classic/modern "Network." Though I do kinda dig the "Home" Plate image.

packchampionslfroh.png

My reaction is very much an "ugh, try again." The batter silhouette has always been on the right of the logo. That's where I'm used to seeing it. Pulling it into the middle like has been done here really throws off the balance of the composition because of it.

I liked "The Baseball Network" anyway.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

I smell another heated/drawn out debate with Time Warner Cable on whether to add this to the basic or "expanded basic" package or just ship it to digital, or not at all. Maybe they'll hold out for more money like they continue to do with NFLN, and ultimately broke down with the B10N, because Badger, Wolverine, Illini, Hoosier, etc... fans were sick of their football and basketball being exclusive to a channel they chould/should have, and didn't for quite a while. TWC is so stupid, I'm switching to at&t when I get the chance!

About the logo, it's alright I guess? It would look a lot better if it was just the MLB logo followed by a classic/modern "Network." Though I do kinda dig the "Home" Plate image.

All the Big Cable & Sattellite companies down 1/3 of the network. So I'm 110% positive it won't be in a sports tier, and it would be basic.

That just looks so forced together. With the amount of time they've been waiting to launch this network you'd think they could have thrown together a much better logo. If they really needed something in that space where the triangle is couldn't they throw a baseball or tv or something there instead the mystery triangle.

mets.png

All the Big Cable & Sattellite companies down 1/3 of the network. So I'm 110% positive it won't be in a sports tier, and it would be basic.

Cool, I'm pretty glad to hear that.

packchampionslfroh.png

My reaction is very much an "ugh, try again." The batter silhouette has always been on the right of the logo. That's where I'm used to seeing it. Pulling it into the middle like has been done here really throws off the balance of the composition because of it.

I liked "The Baseball Network" anyway.

I liked The Baseball Network's theme song, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v3pmoh8fLY

But everything else about TBN stunk, especially if you lived in a two-team market.

Archived