Riddell Revolution Speed

HuntingtonHokie

According to the official Chris Cooley Blog. Chris says the new Riddell Revolution has the word Speed plastered on the inside. He put up pictures of the whole ordeal at his blog Chris Cooley Blog: Riddell Revolution Speed, evidently one player on each NFL team was asked to try it out. Read what Chris says about it in the link on his blog.

DSCN0407.JPG

DSCN0408.JPG

DSCN0419.JPG

I wish Riddell would stop putting all the extraneous grooves on such on their helmet. I don't know what I'm trying to say, but I don't like that little bump on the front of the helmet. It seems completely unnecessary.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I wish Riddell would stop putting all the extraneous grooves on such on their helmet. I don't know what I'm trying to say, but I don't like that little bump on the front of the helmet. It seems completely unnecessary.

I would bet that "little bump" probably has a pretty serious functional use. It isn't all about aesthetics.

I do understand the impulse to say this looks hideous. But I thought the same thing when those Revolution helmets came out a few years ago. Now they've grown on me.

I actually really like that.

Kinda sweet looking.

It reminds me of these that we saw a little bit of last year.

I've been saying for 3 weeks now that the new Riddell looks like the love child of the Schutt ION4D and the Riddell Revolution.

I have to admit it does look comfortable on the inside; of course I've never had a modern helmet on as my playing days passed back in the "padded but not inflated" days of the Riddell PAC-3, Macgregor/Kelleys, Maxpros and Rawlings.

That mask is distractingly ugly. Really takes away any elegance to the design.

Coles of the Jets is also wearing this helmet; his mask is the Speed version of a non-reinforced OPO - sorry, having some computer issues tonight so here is the link to the other thread with the Coles photo:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=61407

Also it looks better in white/green mask of the Jets than the burgundy/yellow mask of the Redskins.

I would bet that "little bump" probably has a pretty serious functional use. It isn't all about aesthetics.

I do understand the impulse to say this looks hideous. But I thought the same thing when those Revolution helmets came out a few years ago. Now they've grown on me.

Right, but the first 60 years of football helmets were fine without them. That was my point.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Right, but the first 60 years of football helmets were fine without them. That was my point.

You look at the retired players who have trouble functioning in their day to day lives, or worse, cases like Andre Waters, and you could make the argument that maybe football helmets weren't fine without them.

According to the official Chris Cooley Blog. Chris says the new Riddell Revolution has the word Speed plastered on the inside. He put up pictures of the whole ordeal at his blog Chris Cooley Blog: Riddell Revolution Speed, evidently one player on each NFL team was asked to try it out. Read what Chris says about it in the link on his blog.

DSCN0407.JPG

DSCN0408.JPG

DSCN0419.JPG

well at least he didn't show his unit on these photos unlike the playbook accident on his blog

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

DSCN0407.JPG

DSCN0408.JPG

DSCN0419.JPG

The inside does look comfy, but they are starting to resemble motorcycle helmets almost.

Helmet looks super comfy...the facemask on the other hand seems a bit much but Im sure there's some technology and reason for it.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Archived