Take 2: the Seattle Sea Hawks

tBBP

Over in the "Sports Logos" forum, a thread exists discussing why the Seattle Sea Hawks seem to only be locked into two uniform sets. While reading through that, my mind got to flowing...and it made me dig up my previous Seattle Sea Hawks concepts, done long, long ago. (They can be seen right here and right here...and yes, I've come a long way since then. ^_^ ).

To the Illustrator I went...to recreate this here.

To start with, I actually like this current Hawks identity. However, I feel that with a modest refreshening (which is really all this is), with a few minor enhancements, the scheme may actually have a little more life to it. As is, while the Hawks identity isn't bad, it can be a bit drab to look at at times, especially considering they use two shades of blue that are damn near indistinguishable when put next to each other (I haven't seen them in person, so the Puget Slate/Seahawk Blue and the navy may have more contrast than what we see on TV, but I can't speak to that.)

Anyway...that's one of the first things I did...kinda brighten up that Puget Slate a little bit to provide better contrast with the navy, which itself is a tad bluer than the current navy. Also, I noticed the current lime color Seattle uses is a bit more dullish-yellow, so I injected some more, er, green, into it to make it a bit more vivid. (You'll see.) In addition, I went and made one little minor edit to the Hawk head logo--adding some neon green. Yes, it sorta kinda messes up the original form of art this log was originally styled from (and modernized in current guise), but I think it works okay. Along with that, I manaded to style a new wordmark, only because I ain't too fond of the current one. It's definitely a little quirky, but I wanted to capture more motion with the wordmark, as well as tie it into the form of the Hawk head logo. Also, "Sea Hawk Block" returns, in the form of the jersey numbers--those particular block numerals were unique to the Seahawks, and I figured they'd help here.

Here's the logo sheet:

SEAseahawksstyleguidelogosheet.png

On to the uniforms. As I said, I kinda like what they have now, so I kept the overall style, while making a few adjustments. The main thing most will notice is that there are now three different pants to choose from--white, navy, and the Puget Slate. Along with that, at least with the white pants, the striping has changed to evoke more of the sleeve-stripe style of the older Sea Hawks jerseys. Also, on both home and road jerseys, the sleeves remain navy. Why? My aim was for better balance between the two blues. I also worked in just enough neon green to be noticed but not overpower the set--or at least that was the aim. As mentioned earlier, the Sea Hawk block numbers return. The aim with this set was to revive elements of the past and mesh them with the current set to make the set more readily identifiable--with a few modifications mixed in for good measure, to "freshen it up".

Here it all is in visual form:

SEAseahawksstyleguide1.png

SEAseahawksstyleguide2.png

SEAseahawksstyleguide3.png

And...of course, I took the time to render all these in action view, as well. Here's that look for y'all:

SEAseahawksstyleguideaction.png

**Aiight, y'all--let me know what/how y'all feeling about these here.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Simply gorgeous!

Amazing work here.

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

Beautiful set.

I especially like the wordmark.

(And I love the fact that you put Seneca at WR haha.)

But I'm still partial to the monochromes haha.

Nice job though. Also, I like the fact that the Navy is actually bluer-and not almost black.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Hey brandon. I have a site called touchdowndesign.blogspot.com, and I need some concept art. I really like these concepts, and I was wondering if you would be interested in doing a Rebrand the NFL project, or NFL do-over series. You could pick a team, redo there logos and jersyes, then send them to me and I could post them. If not, then thats OK. Youre logos are really good.

What do you mean?

He means the Brandon has already done a NFL redesign. Also he didn't make the logos, he did add a little green to to the primary logo.

thewhodat, the logo is a official secondary of the Seahawks, Brandon didn't make it, and yes it is similar to the old Eagles logo.

On to the jerseys, I like the navy pants, they go well. I think a neon outline around the numbers would look good, and its always bugged me that the logo on the sleeve is so small. BTW Seahawks is one word.

Everything is cool except bottom left: SEAseahawksstyleguidelogosheet.png

is too similar to this: fwllan0phwgpy5gxeb7e.gif and this: 961.gif

He didn't design the swooping Seahawk, it's an actual secondary logo the Seahawks use today, just rarely seen.

Wow, you're right. I didn't know this. Sorry brandon for the unnecessary criticism. Although they are way too similar, i guess thats why its not seen too much.

2623arr.jpg

Everything is cool except bottom left: SEAseahawksstyleguidelogosheet.png

is too similar to this: fwllan0phwgpy5gxeb7e.gif and this: 961.gif

He didn't design the swooping Seahawk, it's an actual secondary logo the Seahawks use today, just rarely seen.

Wow, you're right. I didn't know this. Sorry brandon for the unnecessary criticism. Although they are way too similar, i guess thats why its not seen too much.

It's cool...there's a reason I've taken to calling that seldom-seen secondary the "Philleattle Seagle"...

...as for the "Seahawk" word...I have no idea when I started doing that (splitting it up into two words), but I have been for a while now without even realizing it. (Think it had something to do with something I read somewhere about team names...I had a problem doing it with the Chicago Black Hawks for a while as well--sorry...Blackhawks. My bad. (Helped add some effect to the wordmark, though, if nothing else...)

And to the cat that asked about the website...in years previous I wouldn't have cared; but now, I'm keeping my stuff strictly in here. Personal reasons, bruh.

Thanks to all who've responded, thus far. Any further C&C is welcome.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

As I said, this is beautiful.

I just thought of something.

What if you switch the lime piping from the cuff to the shoulder/sleeve (so that it's between the body of the jersey and the sleeve of the jersey.)

Know what I'm saying? It might even mimick the neck striping more than it already does.

Like so,

fgdsgdf.png

What if you switch the lime piping from the cuff to the shoulder/sleeve (so that it's between the body of the jersey and the sleeve of the jersey.)

Know what I'm saying? It might even mimick the neck striping more than it already does.

Like so,

fgdsgdf.png

I did think of that, actually...the only thing really that stopped me from doing that is with that particular jersey template (which by the way is currently being used by the Jacksonville Jaguars, and I'm sure other teams use that cut, as well), the seam where the sleeves sew into that Bronco-tripe panel would have made the greem outline look a little odd, in my eyes. I may still go back and try it, though, all the way out--just to see.

Like so,

fgdsgdf.png

I did think of that, actually...the only thing really that stopped me from doing that is with that particular jersey template (which by the way is currently being used by the Jacksonville Jaguars, and I'm sure other teams use that cut, as well), the seam where the sleeves sew into that Bronco-tripe panel would have made the greem outline look a little odd, in my eyes. I may still go back and try it, though, all the way out--just to see.

That's what I like about you and your designs.

You always think ahead of the graphic design, and think of what it would actually be like if it were produced.

Love your thinking. ^_^

Archived