Presenting...the Victoria Seals

Burmy

Great name-- I never so so many seals as I saw in Victoria Harbor-- but I agree, the logo is a little weak. KC is right, it looks like it is crushing the Seal, rather than the seal wrapping around it. The bat in the seal's flippers also looks to be out-of-place and added as an afterthought... I don't mind the classic font and old-time look of the logo (after all, the Seals name in west coast baseball goes way back to the days of the old PCL San Francisco Seals), it's just bad execution OF the logo-- it could be tweaked a bit and look nice.

It is what it is.

Being from Victoria, I must say that I am ashamed to call that a local team. That is horrible!!!

C'mon KC, you can't abandon your home team just because you don't like it's logo!

I mean, I'm still a fan of my Bucks & Admirals (even though their logos are awful). Give the Seals a chance-be glad baseball's back in your city!

(P.S. I just LOVE how they have the seal balancing a baseball on his nose!)

bYhYmxh.png

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, that's terrible. The 'V' looks like it's cutting the seal in half. The baseball bat laying on the seal's back looks like it was thrown in at the last second. Because the baseball balancing on the seal's nose wasn't enough baseball imagery?

Archived