NFL Uniform rants!

GoDawgs08

Bucs- the heat always seems to throw teams into their white pants early in the season, and I dont have a problem with the Buccaneers wearing all white during the day (even though i think their default pewter/red/pewter is the best uni in football). But seriously! Its a night game, Red jerseys are back on, but white pants? Why Tampa?!

Falcons- its a new era in Atlanta. Why not pull that awesome black helmet/black jersey/white pants/black socks combo we originally threw out there? I wouldnt mind to see that for one of Atlanta's divisional games, as opposed to the all-black. (all-black screams Vick era to me)

Saints- you play indoors! why wear white in the Dome? especially with those clunky black pants.

Panthers- a rare glimpse of the "home primary" black jersey in Carolina today, and I will say I like it.

Skins- all white again?!?! come on!! why wear the classic white at home, if ur not gonna complete the look with the maroon pants? there is nothing classic about all white in Washington

Eagles- please tell me they are gonna get rid of those sad alternates

Giants- anyone else notice their red alt looks like a practice jersey for quarterbacks? hope they throw those out!!

Bears- I really loved the blue/white/blue combo with those awesome striped socks. now its all-white on the road. whats up?

Packers- interesting, today one of the Packers had his helmet by his side, right next to his pants...and I noticed, The gold helmet is actually clearly a darker gold, while the pants have a lighter tint. The thing is you cant tell when the helmet is on. But next time some guy is holding his helmet at his side, take a good hard look

Vikings- I still hate the stupid space between the side panels where they squeezed in that Viking logo.

Rams- the Rams wore white at home?! Ehh, but there is a catch...the first thing you have to do to beat the Cowboys as the NFL's worst team: Make Dallas wear those bad luck navy uniforms. St Louis could do without the two new sets of pants though.

Titans- someone please tell me why they arent wearing the white pants with their home jerseys!! white/light blue/ navy blue looks awful!!! Those white pants could make a huge difference

Jags- so they wore teal with white pants on a night game, as opposed to the usual all black for night games. yet they still have that insanely black flooded away set. bring some teal back to the away set.

Texans- still no red pants sighting this year, and thats not a bad thing.

Pats- even the pats wore white at home this year. have we changed to the nba/mlb style where home wears white? did i miss something?

Bills- during a Trent Edwards interview after the game today, I noticed that big, rediculous light blue pipe that runs across the top of the Bills navy home jersey. What the heck is with that?!?! They really need a fix.

Jets- green pants!! well, not for long, they just lost to the Raiders in them...

Fins- I saw them wearing the aqua pants on the road a week or two ago. Why wear those awesome all whites at home, and then throw those ugly things on when you go on the road?

Bengals- i just cant stand their uniforms. anyone notice they still have the white side panel running up behind the sleeve on some jerseys, and then dissapearing under the armpit on others?

Browns- anyone know if those solid brown pants are keepers? they look like tootsie rolls

Ravens- black pants are now a part of their road uniform. I always wondered how long it would take them before they did that.

Chargers- STILL LOOK FREAKING AWESOME

temp.png

Bengals- i just cant stand their uniforms. anyone notice they still have the white side panel running up behind the sleeve on some jerseys, and then dissapearing under the armpit on others?

For the Bengals uniforms, the white panels appera mostly on lineman's jerseys, as well as Houshmandzadeh's uniform. Sometimes they comes together to a point. It's very sloppy and inconsistent. I'm pretty sure all the side panels are supposed to disappear under the armpit.

I guess it's becasue I'm a "Fan" but I like the Bengals' uniforms.

I know I should know better than respond to this kind of dribble, but I have to ask:

What the hell are you talking about? The Eagles had a bye in week 7, and haven't worn those "sad alternates" since 2006, nor have they announced plans to wear them this season (which doesn't mean that they won't, but they certainly aren't pushing them.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I know I should know better than respond to this kind of dribble, but I have to ask:

What the hell are you talking about? The Eagles had a bye in week 7, and haven't worn those "sad alternates" since 2006, nor have they announced plans to wear them this season (which doesn't mean that they won't, but they certainly aren't pushing them.)

the baby blue and canary yellow alternates? i think you are thinking the black jerseys

temp.png

the baby blue and canary yellow alternates? i think you are thinking the black jerseys

Again - you make a rant about week 7, then complain about a team that didn't even play? The yellow jerseys were a one-season 75th anniversary throwback thing - they don't even sell them any more (you can get authentics on their website for >$100 off right now.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Titans- someone please tell me why they arent wearing the white pants with their home jerseys!! white/light blue/ navy blue looks awful!!! Those white pants could make a huge difference

agree on all points here. the navy pants with light blue shirt needs to be a one off alternate. white pants with the light blue shirt needs to be a permanent fixture.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I think someone, not that I want to point fingers, (the person who started this thread) has been hitting the bong a little too much.

BB52Big.jpg

As much as I would want to agree on some points here, or ask what's the big deal, I think of myself and my hatred for LSU always wearing white jerseys. So on that note I just say, they wear them, because they can. As for the Bucs white pants, I actually like the look and am not that much of a fan of the pewter pants, so when they wear them, I am happy especially if they win. Keep wearing them if you win is what I say.

the Panthers black jerseys make a home appearance under a beautiful Carolina Blue sky.

nice win too!

saints were outside in the white jerseys.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Im making points on the teams uniform tendencies to this point in the season. Maybe if you guys werent so ignorant and quick to criticize, you would have picked up on that!

1. Topic Title = "NFL Uniform rants!, week 7- my thoughts, and yours!" not "NFL Uniform rants!, year to date - my thoughts, and yours!"

2. You're making points on teams' uniform tendencies to this point in the season by criticising uniforms that haven't been worn (or talked about being worn) to this point in the season.

Use the noodle, man!

Can I say how much I A) hate the Bears' orange jerseys and B ) hate both Vikings jerseys? That was by FAR the ugliest game aesthetically yesterday. Just hideous.

I'm really starting to like the Vikings uniforms. Three things I'd tinker with though:

1. Their block-but-not-quite-block number font needs to go. Either go with a conservative custom font, or straight block. Also, the NOB font sucks. The serifs don't seem to go with anything else.

2. Purple pants with the road jersey. The white pants simply weren't designed to be worn with the white jersey. The white "cutout" on the top of the purple stripe looks horrible when paired with the purple side panel of the white jersey.

3. Plum up the purple in the home jersey just a little bit. While technically purple, it seems a little bit on the blue side.

Vikings- I still hate the stupid space between the side panels where they squeezed in that Viking logo.

As do I. They were designed for purple/white and white/purple, but since they never bother with the purple pants anyway, they should never have designed them that way.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Im making points on the teams uniform tendencies to this point in the season. Maybe if you guys werent so ignorant and quick to criticize, you would have picked up on that!

Giants haven't worn the red alternate jersey to this point in the season.

buffalo_sig.png

Archived