Womens' Final Four '14 logo

otherwilds

bilde.jpg

I like the logo, integrating the multiple guitar images and the sweeping notes. No over use of gradients and or any Copper Plate, over all I think its a winner *fixed it, i read gooder next time

From the Tennessean Nashville to host Women's Final Four in 2014

http://tennessean.com/article/20081114/SPORTS06/81114087

INDIANAPOLIS--- Nashville has been selected to host the women?s NCAA Final Four college basketball championships in 2014.

Awarding of the event follows a lengthy application process by the Nashville Sports Council and the Ohio Valley Conference.

In all, the NCAA Division I Women?s Basketball Committee selected five future Women?s Final Four sites for the years 2012-2016.

?The women?s basketball committee invested a tremendous amount of time and effort in the Women?s Final Four site selection process,? said Jacki Silar, chair of the NCAA Division I Women?s Basketball Committee and associate director of athletics at Duke University. ?It was a very difficult and important decision and it was the committee?s charge to determine which of the cities would best serve as future host sites for the pinnacle of women?s basketball ? the Women?s Final Four.?

RobbyBox2.jpg

Is that the event logo, or a bid logo? Seems odd to have an event logo for 2014 already.

It's the bid logo. The official event logo usually comes out a year and a half in advance.

Having said that, is there something that is going to happen in the next 5 years that would render this logo obsolete. I see no reason why it couldn't be used for the actual logo.

Is that the event logo, or a bid logo? Seems odd to have an event logo for 2014 already.

It's the bid logo. The official event logo usually comes out a year and a half in advance.

Having said that, is there something that is going to happen in the next 5 years that would render this logo obsolete. I see no reason why it couldn't be used for the actual logo.

Other than the fact that "Final Four" is the primary wordmark in all FF logos and the fact that the NCAA has a contract with a design firm to do each year's Final Four logo packages (and they didn't do this one), then no.

It takes 6 years to organise one weekend of basketball?

Yes. Because it isn't just basketball, it's the 400 events that accompany the Final Four. It's team dinners, functions, outings, fitting parties, year-end award parties, the basketball coaches' convention, hotel space, meeting space, officail team hotels, media hotels, the NCAA HQ, its a massive undertaking to put something like a Final Four on, in any sport.

Archived