NFL Jersey Sale on Eastbay

buckeyes

So I spend a decent amount of time on eastbay and the prices of NFL Jerseys just keep dropping and dropping. They started at 80, went down to like 65, then 2 for 100, and are now being sold for only 50 dollars. Now granted they are screenprinted jerseys 50 bucks is a very reasonable and probably best price, but in the heat of the season do they put all of the jerseys on sale? Possibly a new brand taking over next season? Let the conspiracies brew.

newsig.jpg

-The Few, The Proud, The Paint Users.-

It's interesting that it went down that much, but I think they may just want to move some merchandise for the holiday. MLB.com has all of their jerseys (ALL of them) 30% off, and while it is the offseason, the timing of it just seems to suggest a holiday clearance. A little strange coming mid-season, but companies have to make new incentives for people to buy Christmas presents at a certain rate when the economy is in a slump.

So I spend a decent amount of time on eastbay and the prices of NFL Jerseys just keep dropping and dropping. They started at 80, went down to like 65, then 2 for 100, and are now being sold for only 50 dollars. Now granted they are screenprinted jerseys 50 bucks is a very reasonable and probably best price, but in the heat of the season do they put all of the jerseys on sale? Possibly a new brand taking over next season? Let the conspiracies brew.

And let them end...I can tell you with absolute certainty there is no shift in the brand for next season.

Could these be the "old" jerseys with the old NFL Equipment logo?

And let them end...I can tell you with absolute certainty there is no shift in the brand for next season.

Could these be the "old" jerseys with the old NFL Equipment logo?

You can't really tell from the picture, but it looks like the new equipment logo.

Maybe they realize that people are getting crushed by this market and don't have the holiday-shopping budgets that they would normally have, so they're just trying to unload as much as they can.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Maybe they realize that people are getting crushed by this market and don't have the holiday-shopping budgets that they would normally have, so they're just trying to unload as much as they can.

They are getting crushed. Only a few years ago, the NFL replicas (when made by Starter, Wilson, and others) were pretty good and cost maybe around $40. Today's Reebok replicas are craptastic and utter low-quality junk and are being sold for $65-80.

Makes me wonder if Reebok is going to survive the NFL Branding Curse ... (remember what happened to Sand Knit? Champion? Starter? Apex Frickin' One?).

They are getting crushed. Only a few years ago, the NFL replicas (when made by Starter, Wilson, and others) were pretty good and cost maybe around $40. Today's Reebok replicas are craptastic and utter low-quality junk and are being sold for $65-80.

Makes me wonder if Reebok is going to survive the NFL Branding Curse ... (remember what happened to Sand Knit? Champion? Starter? Apex Frickin' One?).

Now, in regard to quality, I'm gonna take issue with you. Reebok's replica jerseys have two things going for them pre-monopoly jerseys don't: A collar that doesn't overlap, and individual jersey cuts based on what the teams actually use. They've also got most of the fonts correct (with a few notable exceptions - hello, Chicago Bears sleeves) - something companies like Champion, Starter, and Logo Athletic often couldn't be bothered to do.

That being said, Reebok may have priced itself out of the casual fan market in these rough times. I remember in 2001, the going rate for replicas from Puma, Nike, and whomever else was $45-$50, after having been $40 through pretty much all of the '90s. Then Reebok got the exclusive rights, and bang - $65 was your new price. Right there, I considered myself priced out of the market. And since then, every 2 years, Reebok has upped the price $5, simply because they can.

Odd that the "jack the price up 33% for openers" strategy showed up again with Reebok and the NHL in 2007.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Aw. The Matt Ryan jersey isn't on sale.

When I saw the Matt Ryan jersey it didn't have th correct number font either.

Also, if you look at the Steelers jerseys, the Willie Parker and Hines Ward ones are different than the Troy Polamalu one. Both Ward's and Parker's have the sleeve stripes go al the way around, while Polamalu's does not. The patch on the chest is also in a different spot.

Miiight want to get those facts straight.

Unless you're at a store that has US connections (IE stores in the states), you can't get authentic NFL jerseys in Canada - NFL/Reebok Canada doesn't make them available.

The replica screenprint jerseys went down in price from $110 to $90 or $100 (can't recall which, don't work in a store anymore) and the EQT/Premier jerseys (stitched with 2/3 color prints) went down in price from $150 to $140 or $130.

Authentics = nada.

Archived