MLB City/State Name Conceptual Logos

thespungo

I haven't posted much around here, so I'll make this my first real introductory post -- My name is Jesse and I make uniforms for MVP Baseball 2005, as part of the website www.eamods.com. Although I never post, I check these forums every day and would like to thank all the various commentators who provide the news on new logos/uniforms and all the designers whose work I respect very much.

I tend to only try and replicate current and throwback uniforms, however from time to time I will go out on my own and try to create some concept ideas of my own. After spending some time on the Minnesota script this evening, I figured I had three strong enough ideas to finally share them with the Chris Creamer community and see if I could get some feedback.

Lord knows why you would be, but if you're interested at all in the uniform work I do, check out my blog -- www.thespungo.eamods.com.

minnesotaconcept2wsmlsq6.png

losangelesconceptwsmlni3.png

cubsconceptwsmlmc8.png

tampabayconceptwsmltx6.png

detroitconcept4wih4.png

philadelphiaconceptwsmllp5.png

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two comments on the Minnesota concept.

1. Use the M from the cap, instead of an upside-down W.

2. Include "Min" in the underline, not just "M". It would tie it in to the "win" that is underlined in the current script.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like them, except for chicago I think it would be cooler is the red C was the second c in chacage.

That's a pretty good idea -- I went back and re-made one with your suggestion and I think they both have something going for them, so I could really go either way there.

Two comments on the Minnesota concept.

1. Use the M from the cap, instead of an upside-down W.

2. Include "Min" in the underline, not just "M". It would tie it in to the "win" that is underlined in the current script.

I originally had the cap logo 'M' in place at the beginning of my script, but since that 'M' is angled differently and doesn't entirely fit in with the rest of the lowercase 'innesota' font I decided to go with a modified version of that cap logo 'M' and an upside-down 'W' (just infused the two).

Wow! These are fantastic. And I love your blog as well (I bookmarked it!). Great job.

Cool, thanks a bunch. Our little video game community is small, so I don't get much activity on the blog.

Since these are getting a good response, I'll start going through my archives and seeing what else you guys may like, such as this for instance:

I haven't posted much around here, so I'll make this my first real introductory post -- My name is Jesse and I make uniforms for MVP Baseball 2005, as part of the website www.eamods.com. Although I never post, I check these forums every day and would like to thank all the various commentators who provide the news on new logos/uniforms and all the designers whose work I respect very much.

I tend to only try and replicate current and throwback uniforms, however from time to time I will go out on my own and try to create some concept ideas of my own. After spending some time on the Minnesota script this evening, I figured I had three strong enough ideas to finally share them with the Chris Creamer community and see if I could get some feedback.

Lord knows why you would be, but if you're interested at all in the uniform work I do, check out my blog -- www.thespungo.eamods.com.

minnesotaconcept2wsmlsq6.png

losangelesconceptwsmlni3.png

cubsconceptwsmlmc8.png

Good Job Jesse and welcome! I like these and I agree with Eddie about the Chicago one . . . the C would look good in the center. I will check out your blog.

Your stuff is awesome. I have had that game for 4 years on Xbox, and I keep telling myself I need to get the PC version. I read EA Mods and MVP Mods all the time.

One thing, on the LA script, why is the silver halo all sparkly?

I said the same thing, but $80+ for a game I already own is a little to pricey for me.

Your stuff is awesome. I have had that game for 4 years on Xbox, and I keep telling myself I need to get the PC version. I read EA Mods and MVP Mods all the time.

One thing, on the LA script, why is the silver halo all sparkly?

On the Angels jerseys, if you look at them up close, they use a type of silver threading that looks metallic. Especially on the drop shadow on their script and on the halo on the A cap logo.

That "Tampa Bay" script looks surprisingly good, given the generic nature of their "font."

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Wow, a flurry of responses -- this is exactly why I decided to post these here, I knew I'd get some good feedback. Here are a few more I've found, and also the re-worked Chicago script:

Not sure how well this works as a stand-alone script. On a jersey it looks alright (in MVP Baseball 2005) but I think I might like my original version as just a logo.

cubsconcept2wsmlcs9.png

detroitconcept4wih4.png

philadelphiaconceptwsmllp5.png

I dont like the M, upside down letter a E, or the T. for the twins

I like the Minnesota script the best, only because I don't care for different fonts on home/road jerseys and I think my script matches up well with the Twins home script. You're right, the 'a' is just an upside down 'e', which was done both because it was the easiest solution and I thought it kinda fit for some reason.

I'm a Royals fan, though, so maybe my sense of what fits for the Twins is a bit off.

I really, really like that Halos wordmark. The only issue I have with it is that if you're trying to make it match the "Angels" script, the points should be, well, pointy, rather than rounded.

All of these are just preliminary concepts at this point, nothing is final. The points aren't that pointy because, frankly, I was too lazy to go in and finish those up. You'll see some other mistakes like that in the other logos as well.

But I'll agree, I like the script and think it would work very well on their road uniform. In MVP Baseball 2005, I have their concept uniforms similar to the Cardianls' -- navy hat with a navy undershirt on the road, red hat and undershirt at home.

That "Tampa Bay" script looks surprisingly good, given the generic nature of their "font."

Behind the Minnesota script, Tampa Bay is my favorite. The font is so, so generic, you're right, but I think it's the colors that do it for me. That combo of navy, powder blue, and yellow are great. I wasn't sure how awkward the swoosh under the 'A' would be, but since it's on the home script I threw it on the road -- I think it adds a little needed something, given that the font is so plain.

That Tampa one is fantastic as well as all of these. My least favorite is the Twins one though, and I see the only people who don't really like the Twins font are the Twins fans. I like everything about it, but that M brings the whole thing down. I can't exactly suggest a solution because I am stumped as well. It may not be able to be improved on, but everything else about the Twins font looks good. Please keep doing these, because they are soooooo cool.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Although I do look at many of the concepts here (and many of them very well done), but I don't comment much about them. However, these are excellent concepts, Jesse, and I can't wait to see more of these. Keep up the great work!

Wow, a flurry of responses -- this is exactly why I decided to post these here, I knew I'd get some good feedback.

Yeah, I'm sure you've noticed in you time lurking that people appreciate, and in turn comment on, good work (like this). I mean, I love to see new ideas like this rather than the 5 minute recolorings that have become so prevalent. Nice work, and I look forward to more.

Archived